January japery

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5121
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: January japery

Post by Chompy » 05 Jan 2018, 01:42

Oh well, we move on I guess.

Pretty sure DMac has said in the past that the January window is all about quality rather than quantity.

So let's try Jorge Grant and Mo Eisa next please.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26911
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: January japery

Post by bristleposh » 05 Jan 2018, 11:14

I'm surprised the name Reise Allassani hasn't cropped up in this thread I'd have thought he was more likely the type of signing we'd make.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5121
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: January japery

Post by Chompy » 05 Jan 2018, 11:23

bristleposh wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:14
I'm surprised the name Reise Allassani hasn't cropped up in this thread I'd have thought he was more likely the type of signing we'd make.
100% the sort of player we should be in for. Has pedigree (Tottenham were looking at him as a teenager for a chunky amount) and it looks like he's clicked this season.

superposh80
Posts: 5403
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: January japery

Post by superposh80 » 05 Jan 2018, 13:13

bristleposh wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:14
I'm surprised the name Reise Allassani hasn't cropped up in this thread I'd have thought he was more likely the type of signing we'd make.
been reading .net have we.....

if you had, you'd know we had him on trial pre season and darragh didn't fancy him.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26911
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: January japery

Post by bristleposh » 05 Jan 2018, 13:19

superposh80 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 13:13
bristleposh wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:14
I'm surprised the name Reise Allassani hasn't cropped up in this thread I'd have thought he was more likely the type of signing we'd make.
been reading .net have we.....

if you had, you'd know we had him on trial pre season and darragh didn't fancy him.
He's been known to change his mind
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: January japery

Post by ashman » 05 Jan 2018, 13:33

bristleposh wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:14
I'm surprised the name Reise Allassani hasn't cropped up in this thread I'd have thought he was more likely the type of signing we'd make.
A right footed Maddison. One on either side would create havoc! Trouble is, who would put the ball in the goal regularly enough to make it pay?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 5403
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: January japery

Post by superposh80 » 05 Jan 2018, 19:13

Jack Byrne...Wigan midfielder...being chased by Oldham Plymouth and Posh.

7 goals for Oldham ..on loan...this season.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5121
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: January japery

Post by Chompy » 06 Jan 2018, 11:32

Looks like Jorge Grant is going higher, with Norwich said to be interested.

If there's one thing this window has already reinforced, it's that, if there's any chance of a player going to the Championship, then there's literally no chance he'll go to L1.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: January japery

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2018, 22:43

Chompy wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 11:32
Looks like Jorge Grant is going higher, with Norwich said to be interested.

If there's one thing this window has already reinforced, it's that, if there's any chance of a player going to the Championship, then there's literally no chance he'll go to L1.
makes sense
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5121
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: January japery

Post by Chompy » 07 Jan 2018, 01:54

Am assuming Leeds will be back with another bid for JM in the next week.

His stock rose again at Villa. How much will do it we think? £4m? Or £6m for the pair?

PoshEric
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 07:47

Re: January japery

Post by PoshEric » 07 Jan 2018, 14:25

Cannot see Marriott leaving for anything less than the £6 million we received for Dwight Gayle, although I hope he stays this window. Admittedly Marriotts a year older than Dwight when he was sold to Palace and playing in a division lower, but Marriott's goal scoring record is ridiculous and transfer fees have gone up since 2013.

Keeping hold of our key players and moving on a few names would be a successful January window. The starting 11 is a left back, a right back and striker away from being Championship-worthy. But, if necessary, I would wait until the summer to bring these in rather than bringing in second best now. Quality over quantity. Marriott and Hughes staying fit is vital until these reinforcements are brought in.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: January japery

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 14:38

PoshEric wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:25
Cannot see Marriott leaving for anything less than the £6 million we received for Dwight Gayle, although I hope he stays this window. Admittedly Marriotts a year older than Dwight when he was sold to Palace and playing in a division lower, but Marriott's goal scoring record is ridiculous and transfer fees have gone up since 2013.

Keeping hold of our key players and moving on a few names would be a successful January window. The starting 11 is a left back, a right back and striker away from being Championship-worthy. But, if necessary, I would wait until the summer to bring these in rather than bringing in second best now. Quality over quantity. Marriott and Hughes staying fit is vital until these reinforcements are brought in.
Spot on + now in the equation, Liam Shephard. He was superb yesterday, a proper overlapping full back.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 5403
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: January japery

Post by superposh80 » 07 Jan 2018, 14:52

As Darragh said...We'll still be adding 2/3 more as the squad needs more quality and help.

And...'I'll be saying NO plenty of times between now and the end of the month.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: January japery

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 14:59

superposh80 wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:52
As Darragh said...We'll still be adding 2/3 more as the squad needs more quality and help.

And...'I'll be saying NO plenty of times between now and the end of the month.
Good on him. We await these incoming players with baited breath - and that is not a sarcastic comment at all. I really believe that we can see the squad turning a corner. It's just a pity that we don't have Gwion in the mix as well.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

PoshEric
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 07:47

Re: January japery

Post by PoshEric » 07 Jan 2018, 15:05

ashman wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:38
Spot on + now in the equation, Liam Shephard. He was superb yesterday, a proper overlapping full back.
Yes, impressed with some of the recent performances from both Liam and Alex Penny. Think McCann will allow them to compete against each other until the summer before bringing in a new right back. Would be hasty signing a new right back 5 months after signing both Shephard and Penny when both have shown improvements.

It would be great to see the same competition in the left back position as well.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests