Poshies v Blackburn

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Poshies v Blackburn

Post by tonyp » 10 Dec 2017, 13:38

Ceenitall wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 13:24
And who is going to find this Manager?....

Though the fact remains it is not the supporter's problem. The owner states he wants success, is he sincere....does he mean it? If he does then he needs a manager, one who will not put up with his interference. (and that is where the problem lies)
Correct.
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z

Post by john316z » 10 Dec 2017, 13:41

tonyp wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 12:48
Ceenitall wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 12:24
'Even the starry eyed juvenile supporter would know Posh need a Manager'.
And who is going to find this Manager?
DMac has shown that he's not up to the job. And/or he is prepared to give McCann more time
Until someone comes up with a name who would be prepared to work for/with BF and DMac we might all have to hope McCann learns from his mistakes and performs better when he gets better players in his squad in January.

I do realise that this is an extremely difficult subject. And that some people on here are only able to moan and groan but not come up with sensible suggestions.
So, I don't expect many replies.
Just feeling blessed being in the presence of a genius.... Thank you Tony

john316z

Post by john316z » 10 Dec 2017, 13:41

tonyp wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 13:38
Ceenitall wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 13:24
And who is going to find this Manager?....

Though the fact remains it is not the supporter's problem. The owner states he wants success, is he sincere....does he mean it? If he does then he needs a manager, one who will not put up with his interference. (and that is where the problem lies)
Correct.
Another one to put down to the pointless count....

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Dec 2017, 13:58

tonyp wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 12:48
Ceenitall wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 12:24
'Even the starry eyed juvenile supporter would know Posh need a Manager'.
And who is going to find this Manager?
DMac has shown that he's not up to the job. And/or he is prepared to give McCann more time
Until someone comes up with a name who would be prepared to work for/with BF and DMac we might all have to hope McCann learns from his mistakes and performs better when he gets better players in his squad in January.

I do realise that this is an extremely difficult subject. And that some people on here are only able to moan and groan but not come up with sensible suggestions.
So, I don't expect many replies.
God you're an annoyance.

You're basically saying 'I'm right and the lack of replies to this will prove I'm right, even though I'm just offering the usual wishy-washy nonsense'.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 10 Dec 2017, 16:03

superposh80 wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 10:54
anderson shouldn't be anywhere near this team...he's unfit, not interested and woefully out of form. i'm begining to wonder if he's just blagging it following those knee injuries...i don't ever see him getting back to the level he showed for a short while before the first one.

i've defended baldwin in the past..but i can't anymore. mistake after mistake but he's still picked every week. he's captain because he's got a barbeque and is good with kids apparently.

i fear that those that have performed...the likes of taylor grant and marriott are in danger of burn out, they have been basically running the defence midfield and frontline on their own.

forget the cup form...the league form is woeful, we can't win away and we rarely win at home but let's crack on with mccann because he does what he's told.
Excellent post Superposh 80. Anderson was a passenger yesterday. Injured or not he should have been substituted before half time. Wasnt in the game. Didnt tackle. Didnt track back. Left Dack unmarked throughout the entire game. We should have let him go when he didn't want to resign a new contract and the only reason we did is so that we can sell him and get money for him! I can't believe GM was defending him on Cambs radio yesterday after the game. If the likes of Nabi cant get in the team ahead of a performance such as Anderson's, yesterday then he's got no chance! As for Baldwin,consistently poor,slow and clumsy. You knew as soon as he got booked that he wouldn't last 90 mins. Far too many players in this squad who are simply not good enough,but no matter how bad they play are guaranteed to get a game.

boro til I die

Post by boro til I die » 10 Dec 2017, 20:22

First game in a while for me and was so encouraged by the first half performance against one of the best teams in this division.
Lucky to be 0-0 after 10 minutes but really believe we were the better team for the rest of the half. Nervous though about Jack at right back. They were bound to target that area. Thought Grant and Forrester looked strong in the middle of the park. With the run of the ball we might have got a second before half time. This would have been no more than we deserved.
Nightmare first 15 minutes of the second half. Poor defending of the corner, poor judgement by the generally composed Forrester for the second and simply cut to shreds by a very confident team for the third.
Thought Gwion deserved mom. After a quiet first half he showed a real desire to get us back into the game and Blackburn couldn't cope with him. I reckon Marcus is far more of a team player than he used to be. Some fantastic distribution. Vision way ahead of most on that pitch. Even put in a shift to help the defence. One determined sprint back in the first half when Jack was caught out of position.
I genuinely don't think we are far off being a decent team. We cannot carry passengers like Jermaine though. He looks lost and so slow. Sorry for him with his injury history but he looks a long way off being a real player at this level. Not having a fit right back is clearly worrying. Junior's return can't come soon enough but I am not convinced we have sufficient talent up front. The January window will surely be interesting.
My support of this club goes back to the early 70s so I find much of what I read on this site to reveal unrealistic expectations. We have enjoyed unprecedented success in the Darragh era and have unearthed some incredible talent. We have no divine right to expect success every year. Let's face it we are a small club even at this level. I don't go along with those who want McCann out. He will know he has made mistakes. What manager hasn't? His players have let him down and cost us numerous points. The season isn' t dead and even when the realisation dawns that we are some way off a promotion set up we can look to get things right for next season. In the long term picture of this club we are not in a bad position. Too many high expectations out there from fans who have come on board in the last 10 years.
Keep it Posh!

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 10 Dec 2017, 21:06

I don't like criticizing players unduly but I must admit that Anderson was a snowflake in this game. There is no way that he is 100% fit.
I would like to know how Chettle got injured because he hasn't even played as he? I think that if the Woking game gets called off it might help somewhat.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 11 Dec 2017, 08:13

boro til I die wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 20:22
My support of this club goes back to the early 70s so I find much of what I read on this site to reveal unrealistic expectations. We have enjoyed unprecedented success in the Darragh era and have unearthed some incredible talent. We have no divine right to expect success every year. Let's face it we are a small club even at this level. I don't go along with those who want McCann out. He will know he has made mistakes. What manager hasn't? His players have let him down and cost us numerous points. The season isn' t dead and even when the realisation dawns that we are some way off a promotion set up we can look to get things right for next season. In the long term picture of this club we are not in a bad position. Too many high expectations out there from fans who have come on board in the last 10 years.
Keep it Posh!
:stupid: Some people think we are Man City.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 11 Dec 2017, 09:22

I think it was very much the right thing to give a minutes applause for Andy Mills on Saturday, but I think it should have been done before the match or at half time, as I believe that it affects the players concentration, doing it during the game. I'm not saying this was the reason that we were so dozy at the start of the 2nd half, but I really don't think it helped.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 11 Dec 2017, 10:33

Steamy Nin wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 09:22
I think it was very much the right thing to give a minutes applause for Andy Mills on Saturday, but I think it should have been done before the match or at half time, as I believe that it affects the players concentration, doing it during the game. I'm not saying this was the reason that we were so dozy at the start of the 2nd half, but I really don't think it helped.
Made no difference imo. ...

Blackburn came out second half and just turned it up a notch...then switched it off again. Had they needed another goal or two, I'm convinced they would have got them.

As for us being 'dozy' and making individual mistakes...That happens every week these days, so that minute's applause shouldn't be used as an excuse.