Poshies v Blackburn

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Poshies v Blackburn

Post by Brianposh » 09 Dec 2017, 19:07

An excellent game of football throughout..........apart from the first 5 minutes of the game and the first 15 minutes of the second. Best football otherwise played this Season and we deserved to win it. If both teams had played the whole game,... that was as good as I have ever seen in League 1.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 09 Dec 2017, 19:52

Brianposh wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 19:07
An excellent game of football throughout..........apart from the first 5 minutes of the game and the first 15 minutes of the second. Best football otherwise played this Season and we deserved to win it. If both teams had played the whole game,... that was as good as I have ever seen in League 1.
No...We didn't deserve to win it, not at all.

You don't give away possession like we do and deserve to win games.

awd

Post by awd » 09 Dec 2017, 23:26

Thought Blackburn were the best team I've seen at the Abax since we left the Championship. Light years ahead of us and probably should be. Tbh they only played for 15 mins at full pelt and we couldn't live with it. Ref dreadful - couldn't wait to book Baldwin after 3 mins. Posh, hmmm, average I think - not bad to watch today, but away off a promotion side, as Blackburn demonstrated.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2017, 00:02

awd wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 23:26
Thought Blackburn were the best team I've seen at the Abax since we left the Championship. Light years ahead of us and probably should be. Tbh they only played for 15 mins at full pelt and we couldn't live with it. Ref dreadful - couldn't wait to book Baldwin after 3 mins. Posh, hmmm, average I think - not bad to watch today, but away off a promotion side, as Blackburn demonstrated.
Funny how according to the commentary the Blackburn fans thought he was awful too.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 10 Dec 2017, 00:50

We just about held our own first half...but once they went up a gear, the game was over 15 minutes into the second...I felt sure they could have scored more should they needed too and they cruised through the rest of the game.

Same old problems for Posh I'm afraid...We give the ball away too cheaply, too many individual errors. ...and the lack of quality in the final third is costing us as much as anything, we're desperate for a decent front man.

Our league form..and stats...is woeful. 4 wins from 17, had we not had that little run in August, we'd be in trouble.

We really need to start learning to win again...and soon.

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 10 Dec 2017, 00:52

Brianposh wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 19:07
I agree I though Posh were excellent in the first half and Forrester was having a very good game until he got mugged for one of their goals. An awful offside decision against Maddison prior to their 3rd goal even a Blackburn fan sitting near me said he was well onside.If Marcus had stuck that away when he was one on one with their keeper and it would have been very different.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Dec 2017, 03:14

No complaints about either of Baldwin's yellows. He is no right-back.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 10 Dec 2017, 09:37

OMG did that hurt?
Not because we lost (again) but in how we lost. The first ten minutes we were all over the place, and though we took the lead it was so against the run of play and that seemed to knock the stuffing out of them. But second half they were simpl different class. Yet again the defence went AWOL from a dead ball for the first, for the aecond Forrester facing his own goal with few options should have buried the ball into the stands and the poxy third goal came from us having the ball down by the Blackburn corner flag!!!
God knows how many points we have now given away through our own screw ups but its bordering on the embarrassing.

Anderson was again poor yesterday, but it didn't help being up against Dak, was it their number 23 who I have to say, and by miles, was the best midfield player I have seen all season and was everything our midfield aren't.

Where do we go from here is anyone's guess. Lose midweek and I rather think the club may be holding a press conference soon to introduce our new manager, as even allowing for their undoubted class, at times yesterday we were again spectularly shambloic and disorganised. Surely DM isn't going to suffer this for much longer?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 10 Dec 2017, 10:54

anderson shouldn't be anywhere near this team...he's unfit, not interested and woefully out of form. i'm begining to wonder if he's just blagging it following those knee injuries...i don't ever see him getting back to the level he showed for a short while before the first one.

i've defended baldwin in the past..but i can't anymore. mistake after mistake but he's still picked every week. he's captain because he's got a barbeque and is good with kids apparently.

i fear that those that have performed...the likes of taylor grant and marriott are in danger of burn out, they have been basically running the defence midfield and frontline on their own.

forget the cup form...the league form is woeful, we can't win away and we rarely win at home but let's crack on with mccann because he does what he's told.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2017, 11:01

superposh80 wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 10:54
anderson shouldn't be anywhere near this team...he's unfit, not interested and woefully out of form. i'm begining to wonder if he's just blagging it following those knee injuries...i don't ever see him getting back to the level he showed for a short while before the first one.

i've defended baldwin in the past..but i can't anymore. mistake after mistake but he's still picked every week. he's captain because he's got a barbeque and is good with kids apparently.

i fear that those that have performed...the likes of taylor grant and marriott are in danger of burn out, they have been basically running the defence midfield and frontline on their own.

forget the cup form...the league form is woeful, we can't win away and we rarely win at home but let's crack on with mccann because he does what he's told.
I can't see anything to criticise in that post whatsoever. If I were being pedantic capital letters for surnames, but as I have a habit of doing that sometimes I'll be last to criticise that.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

john316z

Post by john316z » 10 Dec 2017, 11:39

superposh80 wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 10:54
.he's unfit, not interested
He's not match fit and we are expecting too much of him in my opinion. I don't buy the not interested bit at all - consider how many positions he's played recently. He would benefit from a loan spell elsewhere though to see if the great form he had before his last injury is still there or whether 2 terrible injuries so close together is too much. The fact he's playing says more about our poor transfer policy that he can get a game over inept strikers

john316z

Post by john316z » 10 Dec 2017, 11:42

Chompy wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 03:14
No complaints about either of Baldwin's yellows. He is no right-back.
Trouble is our calamitous captain is 3rd choice of our centre backs and as 3 at the back doesn't work he has to play at RB. The way he was so easily turned and booked so early should have set alarm bells ringing.... I lost chance how many times he was caught cold, gave the ball a way and out of position yesterday. He's got to play somewhere maybe up front ahead of Miller will be next???

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 10 Dec 2017, 12:24

Some interesting and thoughtful posts here. It boils down to.....'Even the starry eyed juvenile supporter would know Posh need a Manager'. If it is essential to get game time into JA.....why against Blackburn of all teams? Baldwin should feature in the January sales.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Dec 2017, 12:48

Ceenitall wrote:
10 Dec 2017, 12:24
'Even the starry eyed juvenile supporter would know Posh need a Manager'.
And who is going to find this Manager?
DMac has shown that he's not up to the job. And/or he is prepared to give McCann more time
Until someone comes up with a name who would be prepared to work for/with BF and DMac we might all have to hope McCann learns from his mistakes and performs better when he gets better players in his squad in January.

I do realise that this is an extremely difficult subject. And that some people on here are only able to moan and groan but not come up with sensible suggestions.
So, I don't expect many replies.
Being happy never goes out of style

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 10 Dec 2017, 13:24

And who is going to find this Manager?....

Though the fact remains it is not the supporter's problem. The owner states he wants success, is he sincere....does he mean it? If he does then he needs a manager, one who will not put up with his interference. (and that is where the problem lies)