Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Re: Posh have suffered from....

Post by poshnipper » 05 Dec 2017, 12:51

Ceenitall wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 11:01
We have a manager who says "We need to do" but doesn't know how to. Never mind what the super salesman says, the "gaffer" is sub standard.
I would love to see you argue your case face-to-face with the "super salesman". :D
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 05 Dec 2017, 14:00

poshnipper wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 12:51
Ceenitall wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 11:01
We have a manager who says "We need to do" but doesn't know how to. Never mind what the super salesman says, the "gaffer" is sub standard.
I would love to see you argue your case face-to-face with the "super salesman". :D
He's got a "Gaffer" on the cheap, no I would not argue with him, I'll stick to relaying my comments on here.

john316z

Post by john316z » 05 Dec 2017, 15:31

superposh80 wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 11:05
john316z wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:14
I'm amazed that we are still in with a good shout of the play offs given how we poor we've been so far. Apart from the initial games. That said we need strengthening if out manager can't motivate and manage the current squad. No guarantees that he can do the same with anyone new coming in. No side I can remember got promoted with 1 striker and lack of creativity
I wouldn't say it's a 'Good Shout' John...

I'd say it's highly unlikely.

We may only be six points off a play off spot...but that's only because we won our first four games. Our form since is more bottom six.
I meant more in relation to how close in points, which is down to our start. I don't think we have a hope. I was more interested in how poor L1 is that we are close given how poor we've been. You're right we have the form dip post January to come. Heaven help us all!

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 05 Dec 2017, 19:19

The next 3 or 4 games could see McCann secure in his job or on his bike.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 05 Dec 2017, 19:30

Ceenitall wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 19:19
The next 3 or 4 games could see McCann secure in his job or on his bike.
I don't think he'll be going anywhere any time soon.

He's Darragh's baby...and the chairman will hold onto him for as long as he possibly can.

Two managers were sacked...He kept his job as an assistant.

An assistant was sacked...He kept his job as a manager.

Tells you all you need to know....Nothing sticks.

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 05 Dec 2017, 21:31

I think people are putting to much stock, and hope in Juniors return. Coincidentally or otherwise first five six games apart not only have we have stopped scoring, but we have stopped creating as well.
Even Jack's goals, and thank God for those, have been largely scrambles and snap shots and whilst obviously subjective, watching us doesn't give me the confidence to believe juniors return will see anything but the same.
Neither Miller, Lloyd or Kanu have got a league goal between them, but apart from a couple of one on ones from the latter I dont really remember them squandering many either.
Though I dont think he has a future here, more so after DM's periscope comments last night, can't agree with chompy about Miller, you simply don't smash someone's record like Vardy's if you haven't got talent more accurately perhaps, and the above hasn't helped any of the three above, we just haven't seen it yet.
On that basis we need at least one possibly two forwards in January, and one surely has to be a lump if only to get on the end of MM's deliveries into the box.
As DM said last night, we also need the midfield to start chipping in not just with some creation but much needed goals as well and lastly we have to stop cocking up at the back as its costing us point after point and can we really blame the manager for those?
All this of course is if GM stays, if the next three games go belly up, it could eaailt mean a new manager who may well of course have a completely different set of ideas, its why we all love football isn't it?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 05 Dec 2017, 22:19

Top post bill.

Re: Miller, he's had his chance at league level in the past and failed, and his overall dickishness has cost him any chance he may have had this time. Talent has never been much of a factor since he joined us.

He's now got a month to prove himself but there can't be any Poshies left who believe he'll turn it round can there?

He'll be sold to L2 in January and I won't be shedding any tears over it.