Posh have suffered from....

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Ceenitall

Posh have suffered from....

Post by Ceenitall » 04 Dec 2017, 12:07

The loss of Junior, GM cannot fairly be blamed for that so, you experts tell us what we need from the January window in addition to the return of him.

bristleposh

Re: Posh have suffered from....

Post by bristleposh » 04 Dec 2017, 14:52

Of course it is, from the evidence seen at Woking we need to say farewell to the manager stop playing Leo just for the sake of it, sign Ward from Woking as a direct replacement for Maddison, I think a midfield dynamo to play alongside Grant may be beneficial and play Forrester in the number ten role. go 4-4-2 without Baldwin on the bench, the temptation to bring him on for a winger is too irresistable for our current manager. Talking of which Anthony Limbrick of Woking would not be a bad shout for our next manager, surely not out of our price range and had a superb grounding in the job.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 04 Dec 2017, 15:54

bristleposh wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 14:52
Of course it is, from the evidence seen at Woking we need to say farewell to the manager stop playing Leo just for the sake of it, sign Ward from Woking as a direct replacement for Maddison, I think a midfield dynamo to play alongside Grant may be beneficial and play Forrester in the number ten role. go 4-4-2 without Baldwin on the bench, the temptation to bring him on for a winger is too irresistable for our current manager. Talking of which Anthony Limbrick of Woking would not be a bad shout for our next manager, surely not out of our price range and had a superb grounding in the job.
Oh how I laughed at that. :lol:
Everyone thinks they are an expert.
Last edited by DoubleRay on 04 Dec 2017, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Dec 2017, 19:40

Back on topic, DMac seems to be building up to a quiet window.

"Squad good enough with minor adjustments" etc.

We need two wing backs, a creative midfielder, possibly a replacement for MM and another striker.

We won't get any of them of course, as LDSL can play all those positions...

I'd try and land Mohamed Eisa or Kieffer Moore, but we'll probably end up with another Gormley. Junior will be like a new signing, but we still need a third, as Miller and Kanu aren't up to the grade yet (the former never will be, the latter will be in time).

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 04 Dec 2017, 20:31

Buying more players with McCann still in charge?

Lol.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Dec 2017, 20:55

DoubleRay wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 15:54
bristleposh wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 14:52
Oh how I laughed at that. :lol:
Everyone thinks they are an expert.
I may not be an expert, but would have known enough had I been in the dug out to take Leo off and replace him with one of those useless ball boys who stood in our corner of the ground not looking interested. To bring on Baldwn after we'd just conceded, master stroke had shutting the barn door after the horse had bolted if he wanted Gwion off so badly surely we had better options on the bench than Calamity
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 04 Dec 2017, 23:22

If we are to have a good second half of the season then a quiet window won't be good enough.

Two wing back..Two strikers...Dynamic in midfield and a replacement for MM should he go.

I've been saying all season that we've only got half a team...and those are the few positions that need filling

john316z

Post by john316z » 05 Dec 2017, 10:14

I'm amazed that we are still in with a good shout of the play offs given how we poor we've been so far. Apart from the initial games. That said we need strengthening if out manager can't motivate and manage the current squad. No guarantees that he can do the same with anyone new coming in. No side I can remember got promoted with 1 striker and lack of creativity

stuie

Post by stuie » 05 Dec 2017, 10:20

john316z wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:14
I'm amazed that we are still in with a good shout of the play offs given how we poor we've been so far. Apart from the initial games. That said we need strengthening if out manager can't motivate and manage the current squad. No guarantees that he can do the same with anyone new coming in. No side I can remember got promoted with 1 striker and lack of creativity
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 05 Dec 2017, 10:21

stuie wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:20
john316z wrote:
Being happy never goes out of style

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 05 Dec 2017, 11:01

We have a manager who says "We need to do" but doesn't know how to. Never mind what the super salesman says, the "gaffer" is sub standard.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 05 Dec 2017, 11:05

john316z wrote:
I wouldn't say it's a 'Good Shout' John...

I'd say it's highly unlikely.

We may only be six points off a play off spot...but that's only because we won our first four games. Our form since is more bottom six.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 05 Dec 2017, 11:25

At the moment it's highly unlikely.
After the January imports, who knows?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 05 Dec 2017, 11:33

It's worth remembering we've fallen apart the last 2 seasons following the January transfer window.

I should trust the heirachy to make the right calls this time around...but I don't.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 05 Dec 2017, 11:44

superposh80 wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 11:33
It's worth remembering we've fallen apart the last 2 seasons following the January transfer window.

I should trust the heirachy to make the right calls this time around...but I don't.
So, it's not all Grant McCann's fault then?
At least part of the fault must lie at the door of DMac.

Dmac has said he will be buying this January.