Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Posh v Southend

Post by stuie » 01 Dec 2017, 20:32

Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Re: Posh v Southend

Post by tonyp » 01 Dec 2017, 23:31

And it's for UK based people as well as for overseas people.
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Dec 2017, 08:28

tonyp wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 23:31
Ridiculous :roll:

I know it is more difficult to do in this country as we are so small but in America a 'local' TV station can not show a live game (American Football) until a certain % of tickets have been sold for those who make the effort to go to a game when possible.
I don't know if that's still the case but certainly was a number of years ago.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 02 Dec 2017, 08:40

Wycliffe wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 08:28
tonyp wrote:

I know it is more difficult to do in this country as we are so small but in America a 'local' TV station can not show a live game (American Football) until a certain % of tickets have been sold for those who make the effort to go to a game when possible.
Some years ago the Test match cricket was not shown in the city where it was being played unless it was a sellout.
That's gone by the board now. It's all down to the power of TV money.

stuie

Post by stuie » 02 Dec 2017, 10:49

Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

for me it is great it is on

getting live streams of Posh games, would not prevent me having a 10 match season ticket, and stop me from going to as many away games as possible, it just fills the gaps in between those games

there are a few others outside the PE postcode, this would apply to

HOWEVER

I think it is great that ifollow is available outside the UK, I think showing it within the UK can and will be detrimental to gates, and therefore not a good idea

now having to postpone taking mrs stuie out on Tuesday evening, I guess a bunch of flowers and dinner out on Wednesday will sort it

john316z

Post by john316z » 02 Dec 2017, 11:12

stuie wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 10:49
Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

getting live streams of Posh games, would not prevent me having a 10 match season ticket, and stop me from going to as many away games as possible, it just fills the gaps in between those games

HOWEVER

I think it is great that ifollow is available outside the UK, I think showing it within the UK can and will be detrimental to gates, and therefore not a good idea

now having to postpone taking mrs stuie out on Tuesday evening, I guess a bunch of flowers and dinner out on Wednesday will sort it
Isn't it in Wednesday?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 02 Dec 2017, 11:25

It is indeed on Wednesday.

Looks like Mrs Stuie is getting a night out at Fortress ABAX.

For Sir and Madam, I would recommend swerving the chilli dog. Which is not a chill dog, rather a hot dog with flecks of chilli in it. On a dry bun.

stuie

Post by stuie » 02 Dec 2017, 11:28

john316z wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 11:12
stuie wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 10:49
Wycliffe wrote:

HOWEVER

Isn't it in Wednesday?
Cheers John

stuie

Post by stuie » 02 Dec 2017, 11:31

Chompy wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 11:25
It is indeed on Wednesday.

Looks like Mrs Stuie is getting a night out at Fortress ABAX.

For Sir and Madam, I would recommend swerving the chilli dog. Which is not a chill dog, rather a hot dog with flecks of chilli in it. On a dry bun.
panic over, night out with mrs stuie, on Tuesday, ifollow on Wednesday phew

I only took mrs stuie to one posh match, she never wants to go again

however if she dies before me, her request is to have her ashes scattered at London rd

she says at least I will come and visit her once a month :D

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Dec 2017, 18:55

stuie wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 11:31

however if she dies before me, her request is to have her ashes scattered at London rd

she says at least I will come and visit her once a month :D
:clap: :clap2: :clap2:
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Dec 2017, 19:23

Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

I think that this steaming lark is likely to come back and bite small clubs on the backside. Unless you are living outside the UK or your postcode shows you as living a certain good distance from the ground from where the game is being played then it is only likely to encourage lazy fans not to go and support their club vocally and financially. If it is an away game however, no gate receipts come to Posh (unless it is an FA Cup game) but showing home games is a definite no no unless you are an overseas or distant fan. Home games being streamed to Peterborough and surrounding areas is very counter productive.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 02 Dec 2017, 19:24

ashman wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 19:23
Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

I think that this steaming lark is likely to come back and bite small clubs on the backside. Unless you are living outside the UK or your postcode shows you as living a certain good distance from the ground from where the game is being played then it is only likely to encourage lazy fans not to go and support their club vocally and financially. If it is an away game however, no gate receipts come to Posh (unless it is an FA Cup game) but showing home games is a definite no no unless you are an overseas or distant fan. Home games being streamed to Peterborough and surrounding areas is very counter productive.
gpwm

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Dec 2017, 21:02

ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

Absolutely
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 03 Dec 2017, 11:56

ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

Absolutely. gpwm.

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 03 Dec 2017, 12:05

ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:

Fully Agree.