Charlton v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16045
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by ashman » 29 Nov 2017, 17:07

superposh80 wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:52
Fair points Ashman....
But Grant needs to have a serious word with himself for the events of injury time last night.
He made the changes, that changed the game.
Agreed SP80 along with that poor referee. If Gwion's incident wasn't a penalty neither was their's. Both were penalties of course and if given it would have been a different game. Gabby was gutted that we didn't see the game out too. He's still a Posh fan. He turned up outside the OFS coach and chatted with us for a while. He only lives just round the corner apparently!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

footiefan
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Apr 2017, 20:16

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by footiefan » 29 Nov 2017, 19:05

ashman wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:46
dunc wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 15:45
If one has to bring on a forward-thinking player when trying to preserve a lead - please not a player who hasn't scored all season and is desperate to score at any cost!
Ricky Miller needs to put the Posh before his own advancement. His elevation to Posh saviour by fans has definitely not helped his cause and he seems to be believing all the hype sent his way. Maybe he needs to use his brain and achieve a few positive things before we start singing about him again! Not only has he missed six early season games, got himself arrested for all manner of demeanours but last night he tried to beat the keeper from 30 yards+ when we were hanging on at 2-1 with a couple of minutes to go. All he needed to do was take it into the corner and play for a corner or at least make the Charlton players tackle him. I hope that Grant McCann has a very serious word with this young man.
And if he had scored it, their goal would have been futile anyway. How you can blame a Striker for thinking and playing like a Striker is ludicrous. Talk about scapegoat!!

bettingbill
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by bettingbill » 29 Nov 2017, 19:42

ashman wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:46
dunc wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 15:45
If one has to bring on a forward-thinking player when trying to preserve a lead - please not a player who hasn't scored all season and is desperate to score at any cost!
Ricky Miller needs to put the Posh before his own advancement. His elevation to Posh saviour by fans has definitely not helped his cause and he seems to be believing all the hype sent his way. Maybe he needs to use his brain and achieve a few positive things before we start singing about him again! Not only has he missed six early season games, got himself arrested for all manner of demeanours but last night he tried to beat the keeper from 30 yards+ when we were hanging on at 2-1 with a couple of minutes to go. All he needed to do was take it into the corner and play for a corner or at least make the Charlton players tackle him. I hope that Grant McCann has a very serious word with this young man.
Thats is absolutely absurd you're seriously blaming Miller, even in part for throwing a two goal lead away in injury time?

I know its all about opinions but that is just plain daft, GM after a brilliant 90 minutes got his substitutions all wrong, in my opinion unless soneone was injured why change anything. Despite some scary moments, we really were well in charge approaching 90 mins.
So why then swap players positions about who had previously played better than we have for weeks, why bring on any forwards when winning 2-0 when surely if you are going to make changes an extra midfield player or CH would have been the logical thing to do. Maybe thats why I am not a manager though, because I just dont get it.
I equally dont get the continual berating of Leo, okay he's not my favourite player, but last night I thought he had a really decent game, yet some still want to have a pop at the lad....I dont get that either

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14700
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by stuie » 29 Nov 2017, 20:38

dunc wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 15:45
Making substitutions is a very good way of breaking play up - not time wasting.
Because refs will add time on (or are meant to do) at the end of the game.
In most cases fresh legs will benefit a team later in the game.
But firstly, why wait until they have scored and gained momentum?
And why bring two subs on at the same time in injury time?
Why not use all three sub opportunities ..... on separate occasions?
And if they are pressing us back and pounding our penalty area - why no fresh defender in place of a forward player?
If one has to bring on a forward-thinking player when trying to preserve a lead - please not a player who hasn't scored all season and is desperate to score at any cost!
spot on
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18325
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by tonyp » 29 Nov 2017, 22:14

superposh80 wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:52
Fair points Ashman....

But Grant needs to have a serious word with himself for the events of injury time last night.

He made the changes, that changed the game.
And that says it all very clearly.
People trying to blame the referee or players should stop and realise that Grant McCann was at fault for making the changes he made at the end of the game last night.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14700
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by stuie » 30 Nov 2017, 07:44

tonyp wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 22:14
superposh80 wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:52
Fair points Ashman....

But Grant needs to have a serious word with himself for the events of injury time last night.

He made the changes, that changed the game.
And that says it all very clearly.
People trying to blame the referee or players should stop and realise that Grant McCann was at fault for making the changes he made at the end of the game last night.
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16045
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by ashman » 30 Nov 2017, 10:17

tonyp wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 22:14
superposh80 wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:52
Fair points Ashman....

But Grant needs to have a serious word with himself for the events of injury time last night.

He made the changes, that changed the game.
And that says it all very clearly.
People trying to blame the referee or players should stop and realise that Grant McCann was at fault for making the changes he made at the end of the game last night.
It was nobody but Miller's fault that he chose to shoot from 30 yards instead of taking the ball into a safe place. That would have bought us those two precious minutes to see out the game. You can't blame McCann for that but you can blame Miller and his selfish attitude for his own advancement. I agree that Grant should have staggered his substitutions to use up more time.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4436
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by Chompy » 30 Nov 2017, 11:13

Who brought Gormley on? Instead of a defender?

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8885
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by Brianposh » 30 Nov 2017, 11:58

Chompy wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 11:13
Who brought Gormley on? Instead of a defender?
Nobody, Gormley has left the building. :roll:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ceenitall
Posts: 1068
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by Ceenitall » 30 Nov 2017, 12:04

You lot can say what you like....The fact will remain....Grant McCann's rookie, irresponsible and impulsive actions cost Posh two points at Charlton.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14700
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by stuie » 30 Nov 2017, 13:41

ashman wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:17
tonyp wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 22:14
superposh80 wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 16:52
Fair points Ashman....

But Grant needs to have a serious word with himself for the events of injury time last night.

He made the changes, that changed the game.
And that says it all very clearly.
People trying to blame the referee or players should stop and realise that Grant McCann was at fault for making the changes he made at the end of the game last night.
It was nobody but Miller's fault that he chose to shoot from 30 yards instead of taking the ball into a safe place. That would have bought us those two precious minutes to see out the game. You can't blame McCann for that but you can blame Miller and his selfish attitude for his own advancement. I agree that Grant should have staggered his substitutions to use up more time.
Depends what, if any instructions, the Manger gave Miller

did he say, go fill your boots, or did he say, we need to win this one, make sure we keep possession, or did he say nothing
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Ceenitall
Posts: 1068
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by Ceenitall » 30 Nov 2017, 15:20

Why bring on a striker when he had defenders available? Why bring on anyone at all? McCann is clearly at fault, not the referee...McCann all the way. He is not by any stretch of the imagination manager, he is DM's cheap choice.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4436
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by Chompy » 30 Nov 2017, 15:40

Ceenitall wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 15:20
Why bring on a striker when he had defenders available? Why bring on anyone at all? McCann is clearly at fault, not the referee...McCann all the way. He is not by any stretch of the imagination manager, he is DM's cheap choice.
Anyone would think you're not a fan?

bettingbill
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by bettingbill » 30 Nov 2017, 18:54

Ceenitall wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 12:04
You lot can say what you like....The fact will remain....Grant McCann's rookie, irresponsible and impulsive actions cost Posh two points at Charlton.
OMG speechless :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests