Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Ceenitall

Re: Rochdale v Posh

Post by Ceenitall » 25 Nov 2017, 18:40

superposh80 wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 18:31
Ceenitall wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 18:26
Lopez right back behind a diamond? On yer bike McCann.
Oh come on....

He's got to find a place for him somewhere.
:mrgreen:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 25 Nov 2017, 18:57

I await comments by Ashman, Nipper, Brian, Stuie and the like since they were there before forming any opinion.

But even Adi has just said on Facebook that maybe it's time to replace McCann. But as Adi says, with who?

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 25 Nov 2017, 19:03

DaveLister wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 18:57
I await comments by Ashman, Nipper, Brian, Stuie and the like since they were there before forming any opinion.

But even Adi has just said on Facebook that maybe it's time to replace McCann. But as Adi says, with who?
A manager.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Nov 2017, 19:16

If we lose next Sunday I think his time is nigh
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 25 Nov 2017, 19:22

Woking must be rubbing their hands together. This game has cup shock written all over it.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 25 Nov 2017, 20:09

pleasureboy60 wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 19:22
Woking must be rubbing their hands together. This game has cup shock written all over it.
Given our current form, would us losing at Woking be a shock?

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Nov 2017, 21:00

bristleposh wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 19:16
Losing on Sunday won't affect our league position. Losing on Tuesday night will.
Being happy never goes out of style

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 25 Nov 2017, 21:10

tonyp wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 21:00
bristleposh wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 19:16
Losing on Sunday won't affect our league position. Losing on Tuesday night will.
Given todays' showing I can't see any points coming our way. GM is always harping on about what his team are going to do but, has no answer for poor displays that fail to match his optimistic and hopeful rhetoric. Today it was 'We should have had a penalty' That is poor, very poor.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Nov 2017, 22:22

McCann speaks like the naive manager that he is.

Our failure to beat struggling sides shows a lack of Man. ..and game...management, as well as attitude.

According to radio cambs/.net...This Rochdale side had only scored 3 goals between them all season....Yet they strolled to a 2-0 victory.

If we're good at one thing...it's playing struggling teams back into form.

"Can we play you every week"...Sing the bottom four.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Nov 2017, 22:52

DaveLister wrote:

Well, Alan Swann isn't waiting to see what "Ashman, Nipper, Brian, Stuie and the like" have to say
Player Verdicts
Peterborough United delivered one of their worst performances of an inconsistent League One season at Rochdale today (November 25).
Being happy never goes out of style

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Nov 2017, 23:07

Maybe Ashman and co will tell us it was all a bad dream...and we really won 3-0 :P

dunc

Post by dunc » 26 Nov 2017, 01:32

There has been some poor performances this season - but that was the worst display I have seen this season!
We lacked any cohesion or team understanding.
There could have been any 3 of 7 or 8 substitutions at half time.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 26 Nov 2017, 01:36

DaveLister wrote:

Gary Bowyer, Paul Tisdale, Steve Evans. Any of those would be fine ta.

They're all currently in a job though.

Simon Grayson? Craig Bellamy? Nigel Adkins?

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 26 Nov 2017, 06:28

dunc wrote:There could have been any 3 of 7 or 8 substitutions at half time.
That's not allowed Dunc :wink:
Sadly even with the 3 that we made, it didn't help.
Anthony Grant MoM by a hundred country miles. "We've got Stephen Taylor", thank goodness for that!
urnm and it was blimmin' freezing.
And it was a great hispitality pre-match.
Oh yes and one more positive from yesterday .... we're more than likely able to look forward to the best chippie in the league next season as well.
Oh and we didn't lose Duncan :D
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 26 Nov 2017, 08:45

DaveLister wrote:

tbf I think I said it was difficult to argue with the clamour.
That is by far the most negative I have been with Grant.

Nothing seen on that pitch yesterday with the exception of Grant and Tayles that makes me think he is going to be helped out soon. :(

O'Malley, didn't have a lot to do and I am told the free kick may have taken a deflection but even if so he'll know he should have done better.

Leo Leo Leo.
At times the lad glides over the grass and there was one classic example yesterday which everyone who was there will recognise that sums the lad up.
He won the ball in his RB position and with consummate ease went by 5 or 6 players in a mazy 50 yard run, he got to deep in Rochdale territory, looked up, saw POSH players in and around the box and then somehow with time on his side put the ball over the stand
How does a manager, any manager or coach sort this lad who overall played ok yesterday but time and time again chose the wrong option especially to MM's displeasure.

Tayles. Class.

Baldwin, defended as a centre half should overall and didn't try any over ambitious passes. However we have lost a goal we should not have and he's not matching the quality of his partner in the middle.

Hughes. Gives everything, going forward he tries his very best with mixed results. First came from his side and without seeing it again I would say he should have done better.

Anderson. Deservedly subbed at h/t. Started ok as the team did for 15 minutes but was then awful.

Doughty. Poor beyond belief.

Grant. MoM. Did what he does and did it well. Must be incredibly frustrated.

Lloyd. As Doughty.

MM.Disappointing and if he'd just gone down after being blocked in the box he may have got a pen although I didn't think so watching it at the time, however he seemed to trip himself up then do a swallow dive. His set pieces were, and they is no other word for it pathetic. His old trait of having a go at other players resurfaced which was an unedifying sight especially angry at Leo (who if I am honest deserved it) who had a go back.

Marriott. Not at the races although not set up for any chances.

Subs.

Kanu. Woeful.
Miller. As above.

Forrester. I actually thought he did ok or at least less bad than the others who were subbed.