Posh v Pompey

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
john316z
Posts: 1634
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by john316z » 22 Nov 2017, 00:35

I'm still wondering what Doughty brings. Always seems to pass backwards, rarely putting in a challenge and makes Bostwick look like Usain Bolt. Any ideas what his strengths are?

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18338
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by tonyp » 22 Nov 2017, 07:19

tonyp wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 00:25
Brianposh wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 00:02
A much better display especially second half. Maddison my Man of the Match by a mile, followed by Grant. A good attitude, passing was terrible in first half, but much improved second. Now for a good display at Rochdale please.
Good to see you happy again Brian (after the Blackpool game).
I, too, thought we were better in the second half.
I would have given Grant MOM slightly ahead of Maddison but very close.
Is it right that Taylor misses the Rochdale game because of his yellow cards?
Alan Swann's Player Verdicts are here.
including-
Peterborough Telegraph reckons two more assists for Marcus Maddison made him the main man again in a vital 2-1 League One win.
Steven Taylor: What a consistently sound performer Posh signed in the summer. Usually unruffled and never once did the Portsmouth attacking players look likely to expose any weaknesses. Sponsors’ man-of-the-match which went down well with the rest of the Posh crowd
and
Gwion Edwards: Should have given Posh an early lead, but his mere presence gives the team an extra attacking dimension. Picked up a caution late on which will force him out of Saturday’s trip to Rochdale.
So I was wrong about Taylor. It is Edwards who misses the Rochdale game.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18338
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by tonyp » 22 Nov 2017, 07:27

tonyp wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 20:37
Ricky Miller on the bench.
I'm surprised that nobody seems to have commented on this.
Will he come on and score a couple of goals?
Well, I wasn't the only one who was surprised!
Alan Swann commented on it -
Striker Ricky Miller was a surprise inclusion in the Peterborough United matchday squad for tonight’s 2-1 win over Portsmouth at the ABAX Stadium (November 21). Miller is due in court tomorrow to answer charges of using threatening behaviour, assaulting a police officer and failing to provide a specimen of breath, and had been expected to stay away from the football club until the matter had been dealt with. He was an unused substitute tonight. Posh boss Grant McCann said: “Ricky remains one of our group and we will give him all the support he needs. There has been stuff going on people don’t need to know about, but we are determined to give him all the help we can. “He has been away from the club with his own fitness trainer who has been working with a programme we gave him. The plan was always going to be to bring him back to the club yesterday and take things from there.”
But he wasn't needed.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14737
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by stuie » 22 Nov 2017, 10:33

john316z wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 23:35
Great win tonight. Not a great game. 2 poorish teams but 3 points. Grant MOM by a few hundred country miles again
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14737
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by stuie » 22 Nov 2017, 10:35

bristleposh wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 23:45
How strange we are on page 5 dear old net with all their thousands of people have just gone on to page 4, how do you explain that one mr Wycliffe
dead easy, those on dot net were at the game
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14737
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by stuie » 22 Nov 2017, 10:35

Brianposh wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 00:02
A much better display especially second half. Maddison my Man of the Match by a mile, followed by Grant. A good attitude, passing was terrible in first half, but much improved second. Now for a good display at Rochdale please.
:comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14737
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by stuie » 22 Nov 2017, 10:38

Chompy wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 00:13
Conor looks an excellent find. He is now number one and Bondy will obv be on his way back to Reading in January.

Despite all the stick LDSL gets, you still get the feeling most in the crowd still want him to do well. The trickery on the right wing tonight and ball in that followed was sublime.

Two more assists for MM. His open play delivery is relatively so much better than his dead ball work though. He needs to spend more time on that imo.

Lloydy is a trier and you can't knock him for it but his first touch ain't great and time will show he's not quite up to L1 standard.

For those unable to read between the lines (mentioning no names) Miller was on the bench tonight purely as a show of support by the club. He was never going to come on with his court case being tomorrow. Get a grip!


As for tactics, bring back the diamond! We were so much better second half with a back four. GM needs to bin the 3-4-1-2.

Lowe far and away the pick of the Pompey players.
good report, thank you, I agree with your summary,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 4841
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by superposh80 » 22 Nov 2017, 11:12

stuie wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 10:35
bristleposh wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 23:45
How strange we are on page 5 dear old net with all their thousands of people have just gone on to page 4, how do you explain that one mr Wycliffe
dead easy, those on dot net were at the game
:lol:

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16046
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by ashman » 22 Nov 2017, 13:45

Portmouth's goal was offside. never mind!

https://www.theposh.com/iFollow/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1059
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by DoubleRay » 22 Nov 2017, 14:00

When you consider the fantastic support Pompey get, this was a very good win. Posh could only dream of that kind of bells and whistles support. They outsung Posh even when they were losing ! They love their club unlike a lot of the supporters here who not only expect us to play at a million miles per hour but to win every game against every single club and love deriding them when they don't.

superposh80
Posts: 4841
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by superposh80 » 22 Nov 2017, 14:07

So it was a very good win because we beat a team that brought 800 fans and a bell?

We just edged it against a team around the same level as us, that's all.

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1059
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by DoubleRay » 22 Nov 2017, 14:14

superposh80 wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 14:07
So it was a very good win because we beat a team that brought 800 fans and a bell?

We just edged it against a team around the same level as us, that's all.
It was a very good win. It stopped you moaning.....for the time being.
Last edited by DoubleRay on 22 Nov 2017, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

tooposhforwords
Posts: 386
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by tooposhforwords » 22 Nov 2017, 14:51

DoubleRay wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 14:00
When you consider the fantastic support Pompey get, this was a very good win. Posh could only dream of that kind of bells and whistles support. They outsung Posh even when they were losing ! They love their club unlike a lot of the supporters here who not only expect us to play at a million miles per hour but to win every game against every single club and love deriding them when they don't.
Portsmouth is a large city with a great history. Their football club has enjoyed a lot of success over many years, so they should have good support.
Last edited by tooposhforwords on 22 Nov 2017, 14:59, edited 3 times in total.

tooposhforwords
Posts: 386
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by tooposhforwords » 22 Nov 2017, 14:54

Total lolcomment.

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1059
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Pompey

Post by DoubleRay » 22 Nov 2017, 15:33

tooposhforwords wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 14:51
DoubleRay wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 14:00
When you consider the fantastic support Pompey get, this was a very good win. Posh could only dream of that kind of bells and whistles support. They outsung Posh even when they were losing ! They love their club unlike a lot of the supporters here who not only expect us to play at a million miles per hour but to win every game against every single club and love deriding them when they don't.
Portsmouth is a large city with a great history. Their football club has enjoyed a lot of success over many years, so they should have good support.
Portsmouth have a great history of being relegated.
Their population of around 200, 000 is not far off from our own (190,000). They regularly get home attendances of 20k in division one though despite
being below us in the table.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dunc and 7 guests