Posh v Blackpool

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Claude Rains

Re: Posh v Blackpool

Post by Claude Rains » 20 Nov 2017, 12:17

It's the lack of running from midfield that is killing us. We know that Doughty is very slow but Anderson's lack of movement is embarrassing. He has lost so much after two years of injury that I doubt he will ever be the player he was becoming before his first injury.

Changing formation at least four times in a match doesn't help. LDSL didn't know whether he was coming or going in the first half. If it wasn't for Anthony Grant we wouldn't have had a midfield.

Marriott is going through his inevitable dry spell but Lloyd didn't look any nearer to being a League One striker than Ricky Miller. Lloyd has a second touch which tends to be his last if he isn't facing lower league defenders.

Nonetheless, Grant McCann has a lot to answer for from Saturday. If those were his tactics I dread to think what his notes look like.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 20 Nov 2017, 12:49

It's probably money down the pan in truth, as we should have enough qualty, but there's still a bit of 50-1 around about us getting relegation.

Since the (flatteringly) good start, we've been in relegation form for sure, although don't tell Grant obv or he'll have a hissy fit.

Claude Rains

Post by Claude Rains » 20 Nov 2017, 12:54

Chompy wrote:
20 Nov 2017, 12:49
It's probably money down the pan in truth, as we should have enough qualty, but there's still a bit of 50-1 around about us getting relegation.

Since the (flatteringly) good start, we've been in relegation form for sure, although don't tell Grant obv or he'll have a hissy fit.
Who has is at 50s?

I am in a Relegation Jolly syndicate. Don't want to go down obviously but we will forget about it with a blinding few days if we do.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 20 Nov 2017, 13:15

According to Grant we were on this fantastic 5 game unbeaten run, which included...

Southend. Cambridge. Tranmere and erm...Tranmere.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 20 Nov 2017, 13:19

50-1 is with VCBet, so not a proper bookmaker. You might get a fiver on a clean account though.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 20 Nov 2017, 14:45

Chompy wrote:
20 Nov 2017, 02:03
We're on fumes up front until Junior returns - not even Lister would disagree with that - and the ongoing hor$esh!t experiment of playing wing-backs when we don't own any wing-backs continues apace.

As for Doyle, can't see it SP. There's no potential sell-on value and L1 is as high as he's able to cut it. He did it once before, then struggled in the Championship. No way he'll be of any use to us if we return to the promised land.

If I was DMac I'd have been on the blower to Mick already to see what chance if any. Kieffer looked near unplayable when Rotherham came to our place and I backed him for L1 top scorer as a result. Now it looks like he's going back to Ipswich in January to screw me over.
I did say previously that it was no coincidence that the wheels started to fall off our campaign when Junior got injured. He and Marriott showed the signs of a potent partnership as early as Plymouth at home.

As for the wing backs comment, I concur. It's continually frustrating that McCann continues with this while Hughes & Shepherd are the best bet for conventional full backs; instead we persist with wing backs when we don't have any.

This does though enable us to employ Baldwin, Taylor and Taffazolli as a back three which also doesn't work.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 21 Nov 2017, 11:15

That was Blackpool's first clean sheet in 2 months.

stuie

Post by stuie » 21 Nov 2017, 11:29

superposh80 wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 11:15
That was Blackpool's first clean sheet in 2 months.
:oops: hey ho
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far