Posh v Blackpool

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Re: Posh v Blackpool

Post by stuie » 19 Nov 2017, 16:44

pleasureboy60 wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 18:08
Its ok to beat the likes of national league ten men Tranmere and div 2 Cambxxxx Utd, but the league is our priority and we are slipping down fast now. Once again a very under par performance from some of our players. Worrying that we havn't got enough strength in depth and when players are regularly under performing, theres no one good enough to bring on as replacements.
gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 19 Nov 2017, 16:45

Chenza wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 18:24
Just on the slippery slope
unfortunately, the statistics this season agree

stuie

Post by stuie » 19 Nov 2017, 16:46

Brianposh wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 19:13
Utter rubbish. Not a proper shot on goal in 94 minutes.
I wouldn't say utter rubbish, but disappointing, if I had made the 300 mile round trip just for the 90 minutes on the field, it would not have been worth it

stuie

Post by stuie » 19 Nov 2017, 16:48

superposh80 wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 21:41
We should have got something out of that game today....but our lack of quality up front has cost us.

3 or 4 times second half both Maddison and Edwards whipped quality crosses across their six yard box....but no one reacted quick enough to take the chance.

Our decision to go into the season with 4 inexperienced strikers at this level is coming back to bite us now. Marriott needs an experienced target man alongside him.

Grant MOM for me....and even he was below par.

Another disappointing day.
:stupid: spot on

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 19 Nov 2017, 17:02

Morias, CMS (certainly Nicholls! lol) and now Lloyd would all struggle to score league goals in this team- at the moment. Kanu doesn't seem quite up to the task yet, tho am.sure he will in time, and Miller despite his record breaking season last year obviously has issues to overcome and even if he did it's no guarantee he would either, so yes it is suddenly very worrying.
Yes Maddison is whipping in some great crosses and to a lesser degree Edwards, and you could argue players should be getting on the end of at least some of them, but surely a player of his class and eye for a pass, along with the boss and the rest of the midfield should realise they ideally need balls to their feet, in between the centre halves or at worse into the channels where their pace can be utilised to best affect.
Even Marriot who has the led the line superbly since the off, now looks tired and I hate saying this dispirited.
His prolific run of goals that almost single handidly got us to the top of the league have dried up since the middle, end of September which coincidentally or not is when our form really deserted us so I refuse to blame the lad.
Lloyd is a winger who without any alternatives is being played in the middle but as yet like Kanu and Miller hasn't scored a league goal either and with games coming thick and fast it could get even worse before it gets better

john316z

Post by john316z » 19 Nov 2017, 17:36

It all points to joker decisions made by jokers playing at Football Manager... Look at Grant and Taylor as examples of what experience adds to our side but esteemed Irishmen are too stubborn to change "the policy". I can't imagine many of us are looking forward to the scrap that is beckoning through till May before Darragh does what he always does and replaces another poor manager choice

stuie

Post by stuie » 19 Nov 2017, 17:40

john316z wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 17:36
It all points to joker decisions made by jokers playing at Football Manager... Look at Grant and Taylor as examples of what experience adds to our side but esteemed Irishmen are too stubborn to change "the policy". I can't imagine many of us are looking forward to the scrap that is beckoning through till May before Darragh does what he always does and replaces another poor manager choice
well they have changed their policy by appointing Grant and Taylor, surely if this is deemed a success, they will thinking of building on this success, and consider in January to buy an older striker

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 19 Nov 2017, 17:42

bettingbill wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 17:02
Morias, CMS (certainly Nicholls! lol) and now Lloyd would all struggle to score league goals in this team- at the moment. Kanu doesn't seem quite up to the task yet, tho am.sure he will in time, and Miller despite his record breaking season last year obviously has issues to overcome and even if he did it's no guarantee he would either, so yes it is suddenly very worrying.
Yes Maddison is whipping in some great crosses and to a lesser degree Edwards, and you could argue players should be getting on the end of at least some of them, but surely a player of his class and eye for a pass, along with the boss and the rest of the midfield should realise they ideally need balls to their feet, in between the centre halves or at worse into the channels where their pace can be utilised to best affect.
Even Marriot who has the led the line superbly since the off, now looks tired and I hate saying this dispirited.
His prolific run of goals that almost single handidly got us to the top of the league have dried up since the middle, end of September which coincidentally or not is when our form really deserted us so I refuse to blame the lad.
Lloyd is a winger who without any alternatives is being played in the middle but as yet like Kanu and Miller hasn't scored a league goal either and with games coming thick and fast it could get even worse before it gets better
Indeed it could...

We have tough games against the likes of Pompey...Charlton...Blackburn...Fleetwood. Not to mention a very tricky cup tie at Woking.

Not sure if McCann can get through it.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 19 Nov 2017, 21:02

We must have lost, everyone's reaching for the prozac.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 19 Nov 2017, 22:12

superposh80 wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 17:42
We have tough games against the likes of Pompey...Charlton...Blackburn...Fleetwood. Not to mention a very tricky cup tie at Woking.

Not sure if McCann can get through it.
Not sure if you can get through it either.
If we win all (or even most) of them at least McCann will be happy.
Being happy never goes out of style

stuie

Post by stuie » 19 Nov 2017, 22:13

DaveLister wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 21:02
We must have lost, everyone's reaching for the prozac.
yes, but no

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 20 Nov 2017, 02:03

We're on fumes up front until Junior returns - not even Lister would disagree with that - and the ongoing hor$esh!t experiment of playing wing-backs when we don't own any wing-backs continues apace.

As for Doyle, can't see it SP. There's no potential sell-on value and L1 is as high as he's able to cut it. He did it once before, then struggled in the Championship. No way he'll be of any use to us if we return to the promised land.

If I was DMac I'd have been on the blower to Mick already to see what chance if any. Kieffer looked near unplayable when Rotherham came to our place and I backed him for L1 top scorer as a result. Now it looks like he's going back to Ipswich in January to screw me over.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 20 Nov 2017, 08:16

stuie wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 16:46
Brianposh wrote:
I wouldn't say utter rubbish, but disappointing, if I had made the 300 mile round trip just for the 90 minutes on the field, it would not have been worth it
We certainly 'aint good enough stuie. We are moving steadily into real trouble. :(
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 20 Nov 2017, 09:26

Brianposh wrote:
20 Nov 2017, 08:16
stuie wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 16:46
Brianposh wrote:
We certainly 'aint good enough stuie. We are moving steadily into real trouble. :(
We're all doomed :P

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 20 Nov 2017, 11:47

Chompy wrote:
20 Nov 2017, 02:03
We're on fumes up front until Junior returns - not even Lister would disagree with that - and the ongoing hor$esh!t experiment of playing wing-backs when we don't own any wing-backs continues apace.

As for Doyle, can't see it SP. There's no potential sell-on value and L1 is as high as he's able to cut it. He did it once before, then struggled in the Championship. No way he'll be of any use to us if we return to the promised land.

If I was DMac I'd have been on the blower to Mick already to see what chance if any. Kieffer looked near unplayable when Rotherham came to our place and I backed him for L1 top scorer as a result. Now it looks like he's going back to Ipswich in January to screw me over.
no sell on value for doyle...but we wouldn't get much for the likes of grant and taylor either and how many of this current mob would cut it in the chamnpionship anyway?

if darragh's still dreaming of promotion come january...he's going to have to dig deep for at least one good striker, rather than sign another for the future from boreham wood.

who knows, we may even need a goalscorer to get us out of trouble.....