Ricky Miller

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Re: Ricky Miller

Post by stuie » 09 Nov 2017, 16:13

john316z wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 14:20
I'm amazed at the blase attitude to the drink driving offence on here, especially if as it appears to be in the morning. But then again watching football smashed up on the sauce then it shouldn't be that surprising after all?
I do not condone drink driving, it is wrong, I do not see any message on here, I am sure you will show me, if there is, where anybody is blasé attitude to drink driving

there is a massive big difference between having a drink and drink driving

those that know me, we only over do the sauce when travelling by train
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Nov 2017, 19:05

john316z wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 14:20
I'm amazed at the blase attitude to the drink driving offence on here, especially if as it appears to be in the morning. But then again watching football smashed up on the sauce then it shouldn't be that surprising after all?
Behave.....nobody goes out to get smashed up on the sauce. Brian rarely has more than one pint, ashman, nipper, and myself rarely more than three (in recent years).
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Nov 2017, 19:11

bristleposh wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 19:05
Behave.....nobody goes out to get smashed up on the sauce. Brian rarely has more than one pint, ashman, nipper, and myself rarely more than three (in recent years).
Nipper no longer ever has three pints. We don't get the time to have :shock: more than a couple before a match. The most she has consumed on a match day is two pints. I can't even persuade her to have that extra half! I can't vouch for bristle though! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 09 Nov 2017, 20:01

john316z wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 14:19
Wycliffe wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 20:53
How else has he appeared " to be a bit of a knob" ?
I was referring to his previous.... Kno b biting incident last season and the reported previous taxi driver incident although he was found not guilty of that. It does imply that he's likely to do things again
What knob biting? I know his ban was for biting but whats with this knobby thing don't remember reading any of that? :D

He refused a blood test though, so he is guilty of DD end of regardless, and I agree with Bristleposh its the DD that is the worry as of course it can be a killer whereas shoving someone, even a copper can't, which is why I to feel DD is the issue. Unfortunately too many people even now drink and drive, and these people risk causing all sorts of carnage, and yes though a big fine looms, prison? Rightly or wrongly, not a chance
Will he play for us again?
If the club are supporting him quite probably, but this is surely last chance saloon, in fact he must have one foot already out of it's door and clearly if drink sends him OTT as his splattered record suggests is the case, then if he wants to move on, not just at Posh or in football but more importantly in life generally, he has to stop drinking, and like all people with similar illnesses, not just now, next month or even next year, but like for ever

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Nov 2017, 23:47

bettingbill wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 20:01
He refused a blood test though, so he is guilty of DD end of regardless, and I agree with Bristleposh its the DD that is the worry as of course it can be a killer whereas shoving someone, even a copper can't, which is why I to feel DD is the issue.
He has been charged with assaulting a police officer. He is also charged with using threatening behaviour and failure to provide a specimen of breath.

I don't know how lenient your courts are. If it happened here and he is found guilty he would get a custodial sentence.
Being happy never goes out of style

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Nov 2017, 06:25

I doubt the club will decide on what line to take until after Monday.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Nov 2017, 16:26

DoubleRay wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 13:15
Chompy wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 10:38
This idea that footballers are role models is japes. Never in doubt someone would wheel it out here though. Just a cliche that belongs to yesteryear.
Of course footballers are role models. All kids that play football at school or in the backyard yearn to be the next pro player. Nothing wrong with that but I know you are just baiting.
Not bait at all.

It's a ridiculous go-to line in these situations.

Parents are role models to their kids. Footballers are footballers and that''s it. Kids love football and couldn't give two hoots if a player gets up to something he shouldn't. It's utter nonsense.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 10 Nov 2017, 17:20

Chompy wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 16:26
DoubleRay wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 13:15
Chompy wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 10:38
This idea that footballers are role models is japes. Never in doubt someone would wheel it out here though. Just a cliche that belongs to yesteryear.
Of course footballers are role models. All kids that play football at school or in the backyard yearn to be the next pro player. Nothing wrong with that but I know you are just baiting.
Not bait at all.

It's a ridiculous go-to line in these situations.

Parents are role models to their kids. Footballers are footballers and that''s it. Kids love football and couldn't give two hoots if a player gets up to something he shouldn't. It's utter nonsense.
Ah yes, but a role model doesn't have to necessarily lead by a good example. There are a lot of dysfunctional kids and parents.A footballer with a bad attitude might be attractive behaviour to some kids as not.

My point is, the ideology that role models is antiquated terminology is incorrect. It's as much relevant today in all its guises and peer pressure as ever it was.

That's why there is not as much respect from certain people for the Police compared to 50+ years ago. Ricky is an example.

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 10 Nov 2017, 17:37

Kevin Keegan was my role model when I was a kid not some Posh squad player who hardly got a game.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 10 Nov 2017, 17:43

thediceman wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 17:37
Kevin Keegan was my role model when I was a kid not some Posh squad player who hardly got a game.
If you read through the thread I never said Ricky was a role model. Chompy brought up the subject that role models belonged to yesteryear.
You did at least have a role model. I didn't like Kevs perm though.

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 10 Nov 2017, 17:54

DoubleRay wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 17:43
thediceman wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 17:37
If you read through the thread I never said Ricky was a role model. Chompy brought up the subject that role models belonged to yesteryear.
You did at least have a role model. I didn't like Kevs perm though.
Just reread my post to see where I said you said Ricky was a role model.......................nope can't find it. :roll:

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 11 Nov 2017, 22:03

Chompy why would David Beckham not be a role model? The guy was a very talented footballer and is now also extremely successful with his non football related career. He’s very popular and liked by most people, a father to 4 kids and has been married to the same girl for 20 years. How would you not want to employ someone with that level of sustained success at whatever they turn their hand to? Surely an example of what anyone can achieve if they work hard enough no matter what their background.

stuie

Post by stuie » 12 Nov 2017, 11:07

HantsPosh wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 22:03
Chompy why would David Beckham not be a role model? The guy was a very talented footballer and is now also extremely successful with his non football related career. He’s very popular and liked by most people, a father to 4 kids and has been married to the same girl for 20 years. How would you not want to employ someone with that level of sustained success at whatever they turn their hand to? Surely an example of what anyone can achieve if they work hard enough no matter what their background.
I have a great respect for David Beckham, I absolutely was totally annoyed with him, when he got sent of in that world cup gained. He came back from this, from being booed by the footballing nation, to be admired and respected

I do not regard him as thick

He is a great family man that has done well for himself
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z

Post by john316z » 12 Nov 2017, 17:44

HantsPosh wrote:
This is probably the most sensible post EVER on here....

john316z

Post by john316z » 12 Nov 2017, 17:48

superposh80 wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 17:42
stuie wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 11:07
HantsPosh wrote:
I have a great respect for David Beckham, I absolutely was totally annoyed with him, when he got sent of in that world cup gained. He came back from this, from being booed by the footballing nation, to be admired and respected

I do not regard him as thick

He is a great family man that has done well for himself
what building site do you reckon he'd be labouring on if he couldn't play football then stuie?
Is that relevant? After all he could play football.... A superb player in his era, family focused rather than the more recent crop who are lead by their nether regions.... easier to knock than give credit. The English way after all