Ricky Miller

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Chompy

Ricky Miller

Post by Chompy » 08 Nov 2017, 14:36

The football club wish to report that Ricky Miller is unavailable for training and team selection due to personal illness and related circumstances. We will be working with him and trying to help in every way that we can as a football club. The players’ welfare is paramount and the football club will not be adding to this statement at this time.

Sad scenes. Wish him well.

thediceman

Re: Ricky Miller

Post by thediceman » 08 Nov 2017, 15:35

I'm not sure he deserves any well wishes based on what is being reported.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Nov 2017, 16:18

Oooh, cancel that then.

Whether or not the club are attributing this to mentail illness, it's not the best work by them putting out that statement.

john316z

Post by john316z » 08 Nov 2017, 19:15

Really disappointing news this. I'm not yet convinced on his ability but does appear that his previous actions have followed him to Peterborough. A bizarre communication by the club given that the real reason (assuming true) was never likely to stay quite for long.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Nov 2017, 19:29

Sackable offence?

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Nov 2017, 19:33

i don't know him as such although I spoke with him at the kit unveiling and he seemed determined to make the most of this opportunity and seemed fully aware this was his big and probably last chance.
Obviously the ban ******* up his season start and he hasn't got going to say the least.
Silly thing is i actually feel let down by him and quite annoyed.

To those who feel vindicated in their doubts/hopes/expectations in him letting us,his family and himself down I am delighted for you.

Hopefully his court and club punishment will snap him out of whatever state of mind he's got into.

On a serious point he is probably in a bad place atm mentally and it is as has been said the club's responsibility to look after him.

Getting limited game time whilst Kanu gets on before you would be enough to drive (no pun intended) anyone to drink I would think.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Nov 2017, 19:36

Why are all your posts so aggressive Wycliffe?

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Nov 2017, 19:48

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 19:33
i don't know him as such although I spoke with him at the kit unveiling and he seemed determined to make the most of this opportunity and seemed fully aware this was his big and probably last chance.
Obviously the ban ******* up his season start and he hasn't got going to say the least.

To those who feel vindicated in their doubts/hopes/expectations in him letting us,his family and himself down I am delighted for you.

Hopefully his court and club punishment will snap him out of whatever state of mind he's got into.

On a serious point he is probably in a bad place atm mentally and it is as has been said the club's responsibility to look after him.

Getting limited game time whilst Kanu gets on before you would be enough to drive (no pun intended) anyone to drink I would think.
gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z

Post by john316z » 08 Nov 2017, 19:56

Wycliffe wrote:

Stupid thing to say about feeling vindicated.... Have you been at the sauce already? :wink: Despite what I think about his abilities, he's just appears to have been a bit of a k**b... I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong but he certainly isn't helping himself

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Nov 2017, 20:01

Chompy wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 16:18
Oooh, cancel that then.

Whether or not the club are attributing this to mentail illness, it's not the best work by them putting out that statement.
not sure what else the could or should the club say at the moment, certain aspect are public knowledge, others are not

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Nov 2017, 20:12

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... -1-8235401

obviously not looking good, however I will see how this progresses, court case etc, before making my opinion.

Did Tomlin not do something similar, and still came back to be a great Posh footballer

however

No way do I condone violence

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 08 Nov 2017, 20:29

He's got himself into it, he now has to work his way out or kiss a career goodbye. It's up to him.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Nov 2017, 20:35

I take it my earlier post was sub judice hence the deletion, apologies.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Nov 2017, 20:36

Ceenitall wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 20:29
He's got himself into it, he now has to work his way out or kiss a career goodbye. It's up to him.
I understand where you are coming from, and could possibly agree, but hey if only life was that simple

Just imagine there is a great footballer in there, that with a little help could fulfil his potential, and be a great asset to Posh

surely worth a punt

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Nov 2017, 20:53

john316z wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 19:56
Wycliffe wrote:

Stupid thing to say about feeling vindicated.... Have you been at the sauce already? :wink: Despite what I think about his abilities, he's just appears to have been a bit of a k**b... I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong but he certainly isn't helping himself
He was a knob for doing what he did and of course for missing training one day. How else has he appeared " to be a bit of a knob" ?
Not done well obviously but he's tried, not shown any stroppiness when subbed and been a popular part of the squad.

If you don't feel pleased to be proven right there are some who do.