Michael Doughty

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Michael Doughty

Post by ashman » 13 Dec 2017, 09:53

john316z wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 08:16
Nice goal today but I still don't see why he is getting picked ahead of Forrester? Anyone know? What I see is a player with occasionally good distribution, zero pace, absent when needed in midfield and gutless in a challenge? So am I blinkered or missing something? This was McCann's number 1 player he wanted in the summer after all
He gets picked because he is, at present, more consistent than Chrissy. In the last four or five games Forester has shown much greater improvement, but his mistake for Blackburn's goal was a real kick in the teeth. Some of his defending in the first half of that game was, at times, very susceptible.
All Posh fans would love to see Chris Forester back to his pre-Chelsea levels as, without a shadow of a doubt, he was maybe the best midfielder in the division. If he continues with this progress then it will be a no brainer as to who starts games.
I think that with 45 minutes at Rochdale, 90 mins against Charlton, 90mins against Woking in the first game, 90 mins against Southend and 70 mins against Blackburn, encompassing five games in just 14 days, has been plenty for any player coming back into form. His ghastly mistake in the Blackburn game was maybe a result of just too much, too soon.
In my opinion it was a very good shout by McCann, born out by Doughty's contributions to the game last night.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 13 Dec 2017, 10:46

ashman wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 09:53
john316z wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 08:16
Nice goal today but I still don't see why he is getting picked ahead of Forrester? Anyone know? What I see is a player with occasionally good distribution, zero pace, absent when needed in midfield and gutless in a challenge? So am I blinkered or missing something? This was McCann's number 1 player he wanted in the summer after all
He gets picked because he is, at present, more consistent than Chrissy. In the last four or five games Forester has shown much greater improvement, but his mistake for Blackburn's goal was a real kick in the teeth. Some of his defending in the first half of that game was, at times, very susceptible.
All Posh fans would love to see Chris Forester back to his pre-Chelsea levels as, without a shadow of a doubt, he was maybe the best midfielder in the division. If he continues with this progress then it will be a no brainer as to who starts games.
I think that with 45 minutes at Rochdale, 90 mins against Charlton, 90mins against Woking in the first game, 90 mins against Southend and 70 mins against Blackburn, encompassing five games in just 14 days, has been plenty for any player coming back into form. His ghastly mistake in the Blackburn game was maybe a result of just too much, too soon.
In my opinion it was a very good shout by McCann, born out by Doughty's contributions to the game last night.
gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z

Post by john316z » 23 Dec 2017, 21:40

Is Doughty really the best we have? Take Grant out of our midfield and it has got to be a real worry for McCann? If Forrester can get back to his best then maybe but I'd be worried if I was in charge

Doughty was poor today and still cannot really remember him putting in many challenges in recent games. Obviously he's got the benefit of goals in recent games. Anderson either needs a chance to rebuild out on loan or recognise the 2 bad injuries have had too great an impact

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 23 Dec 2017, 21:56

Grant carries the rest of the midfield...

As was evident when he went off.

Doughty has been disappointing but you don't spent 10 years at a championship club if you can't play.

Maybe we just aren't the club for him.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Dec 2017, 14:35

Played very well yesterday. Just mustn't be used as a holding midfielder.

stuie

Post by stuie » 27 Dec 2017, 15:14

Wycliffe wrote:
27 Dec 2017, 14:35
Played very well yesterday. Just mustn't be used as a holding midfielder.
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far