Posh v Shrewsbury

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tooposhforwords
Posts: 386
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by tooposhforwords » 22 Oct 2017, 15:47

Leo deserves the criticism. He’s played enough football and has shown to contribute little. Anderson was never anything great and now has a comfortable ride with the eleven.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16046
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by ashman » 24 Oct 2017, 14:47

Peterborough United v Shrewsbury Town

REFEREE: DAVID WEBB

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Ian Dudley and Sam Lewis

Fourth Official: Daniel Middleton
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1059
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by DoubleRay » 24 Oct 2017, 15:53

Ironically it's a Cat B game for a team top of the league so reduced prices. :D I'm not complaining.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1047
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Oct 2017, 19:26

We will win.
It's what POSH do when on a bad run :D
2-0
MM who turns up after a month off and JM
Awful crowd as quitters quit and despite being to of the league their away support is crap.

superposh80
Posts: 4841
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by superposh80 » 24 Oct 2017, 20:07

There's a school of thought that we could win this game...

Shrewsbury are not in the bottom two...aren't manager less...or on a bad run.

They are also due a defeat.

I'm not buying into it though.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14737
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by stuie » 24 Oct 2017, 21:28

superposh80 wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 20:07
There's a school of thought that we could win this game...

Shrewsbury are not in the bottom two...aren't manager less...or on a bad run.

They are also due a defeat.

I'm not buying into it though.
I am, :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 4841
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by superposh80 » 24 Oct 2017, 22:56

stuie wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 21:28
superposh80 wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 20:07
There's a school of thought that we could win this game...

Shrewsbury are not in the bottom two...aren't manager less...or on a bad run.

They are also due a defeat.

I'm not buying into it though.
I am, :comeon:
Thought you might do Stuie!

I'm sure there's another one on here that will as well.

Wait for it......

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18338
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by tonyp » 24 Oct 2017, 23:16

ashman wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 14:47
Peterborough United v Shrewsbury Town

REFEREE: DAVID WEBB

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Ian Dudley and Sam Lewis

Fourth Official: Daniel Middleton
David Webb has dished out 36 yellow cards in 15 games refereed this season so far. No reds yet.
Last season he handed out 119 yellows and only 3 reds in 45 games.
Anthony Grant should be safe.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18338
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by tonyp » 25 Oct 2017, 00:00

stuie wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 21:28
superposh80 wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 20:07
There's a school of thought that we could win this game...

Shrewsbury are not in the bottom two...aren't manager less...or on a bad run.

They are also due a defeat.

I'm not buying into it though.
I am, :comeon:
and
tonyp wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 00:26
Every team has to come a cropper sooner or later. This game could be Shrewsbury's turn.
It's a must win for McCann and a must win for most of us on this message board.
Wycliffe wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 19:26
We will win.
but
john316z wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 18:53
Another poor team to be beaten at the Abax. Shame it's always us!
pleasureboy60 wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 19:34
Comfortable win for the shrews, hopefully not another embarrassing loss for the boys in blue. 0-3
Still a few more to post their opinions.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14737
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by stuie » 25 Oct 2017, 10:49

superposh80 wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 22:56
stuie wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 21:28
superposh80 wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 20:07
There's a school of thought that we could win this game...

Shrewsbury are not in the bottom two...aren't manager less...or on a bad run.

They are also due a defeat.

I'm not buying into it though.
I am, :comeon:
Thought you might do Stuie!

I'm sure there's another one on here that will as well.

Wait for it......
Based on no other theory, than, Shrewsbury's winning streak has to end at some point, as does Posh's losing streak (Does it?)
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4453
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by Chompy » 25 Oct 2017, 10:56

If the roulette wheel comes red ten times on the bounce, then it has to be black next time doesn't it?

No, it doesn't. Especially if GM is spinning the ball.

This' 'due' stuff is nonsense.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18338
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by tonyp » 25 Oct 2017, 11:18

stuie wrote:
25 Oct 2017, 10:49
Shrewsbury's winning streak has to end at some point, as does Posh's losing streak (Does it?)
Correct again Stuie. Shrewsbury cannot go on not losing a game forever. Posh cannot go on not winning a game forever.
We've all witnessed strange results. There is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be the game where it all changes.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
JimboC1982
Posts: 664
Joined: 30 Sep 2005, 11:25
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by JimboC1982 » 25 Oct 2017, 11:19

superposh80 wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 18:12
I'll go first. ...

A big powerful strong and physical side, unbeaten and will remain so come 5pm next Saturday.

I can't see anything else than another home defeat here.

With another individual defensive error thrown in.
We always get beaten up by big physical sides

User avatar
JimboC1982
Posts: 664
Joined: 30 Sep 2005, 11:25
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by JimboC1982 » 25 Oct 2017, 11:23

tooposhforwords wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 15:47
Leo deserves the criticism. He’s played enough football and has shown to contribute little. Anderson was never anything great and now has a comfortable ride with the eleven.
We can't keep carrying players who are "young" or "have potential".....that young Woodburn lad at Liverpool is no where near the first team because he isn't ready yet. Some excellent ex Premier league players went out on loan to develop their game; think Beckham, Welbeck, Defoe, Lampard etc.

We need a win; or at the least a good competitive performance. No playing players out of position anymore.

As I know McCann loves a 352 and has to play youth I am going with:

Bond

Taff, Taylor, Hughes

Maddison, Grant, Lopez, Chettle, Edwards

Miller Marriott

superposh80
Posts: 4841
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Shrewsbury

Post by superposh80 » 25 Oct 2017, 11:32

JimboC1982 wrote:
25 Oct 2017, 11:19
superposh80 wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 18:12
I'll go first. ...

A big powerful strong and physical side, unbeaten and will remain so come 5pm next Saturday.

I can't see anything else than another home defeat here.

With another individual defensive error thrown in.
We always get beaten up by big physical sides
Correct.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests