Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by bristleposh » 16 Nov 2017, 10:03

Ceenitall wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 19:29

McCann is as much to blame as anybody, he assumed the match was in the bag and failed to sufficiently motivate his players..... as was evident on the pitch.
take a chill pill, we won, saver it, it may not happen often enough but when it does it needs to be enjoyed. As I said somewhere earlier it was a bit like watching Brazil playing in blue. Keeping possession, teasing the opposition with clever touches and encouraging fouls all over the field. Watching that made me think that O'Malley can't be far behind Bond in the pecking order, if we have to send our current number one back to Reading, I feel we have a more than adequate stand in.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 16 Nov 2017, 13:35

bristleposh wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 10:03
Ceenitall wrote:

McCann is as much to blame as anybody, he assumed the match was in the bag and failed to sufficiently motivate his players..... as was evident on the pitch.
take a chill pill, we won, saver it, it may not happen often enough but when it does it needs to be enjoyed. As I said somewhere earlier it was a bit like watching Brazil playing in blue. Keeping possession, teasing the opposition with clever touches and encouraging fouls all over the field. Watching that made me think that O'Malley can't be far behind Bond in the pecking order, if we have to send our current number one back to Reading, I feel we have a more than adequate stand in.
The well worked win at Tranmere certainly puts a new perspective on this season. However, the next Div one match is yet to be played....It is this that will cement our fortunes. Win that and we can share your hopes and dreams. Crystal balls never won a football match. Effort and skills like that at Tranmere will.

stuie

Post by stuie » 16 Nov 2017, 13:35

bristleposh wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 10:03
Ceenitall wrote:

:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 16 Nov 2017, 22:44

Ceenitall wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 13:35
The well worked win at Tranmere certainly puts a new perspective on this season. However, the next Div one match is yet to be played....It is this that will cement our fortunes. Win that and we can share your hopes and dreams. Crystal balls never won a football match. Effort and skills like that at Tranmere will.
If you hang your hat on one game (Blackpool) being the game to cement our fortunes then you obviously don't really understand the ups and downs of league football. We could lose or draw the next three or four games and still be able to have a say in the playoffs at least.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 16 Nov 2017, 22:49

tonyp wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 13:03
Back on topic-
The referee for tonight's game is Michael Salisbury.
He has handed out 34 yellows and only 1 red so far this season.
So, Maddison should be OK with his play acting and even Grant should be safe.
Despite our many misgivings about the aforementioned officials, Mr Salisbury and his team did a good job of officiating the game last night. The same could be said of the officials for the Checkatrade Trophy game against Cambridge on Tuesday. Things are bound to revert to type soon enough!! :shock:

ashman

Post by ashman » 16 Nov 2017, 22:51

Ceenitall wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 17:25
Kanu had the game at his mercy and bottled. I don't care who he's turned out for, he's not up to Posh standards.
Not yet, anyway. The lad shows a great deal of promise IMO and I think that Posh using him as they have been recently, has shown good management of a very young talent.

stuie

Post by stuie » 16 Nov 2017, 23:17

ashman wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 22:51
Ceenitall wrote:
Kanu had the game at his mercy and bottled. I don't care who he's turned out for, he's not up to Posh standards.
Not yet, anyway. The lad shows a great deal of promise IMO and I think that Posh using him as they have been recently, has shown good management of a very young talent.
:stupid: :comeon:

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 17 Nov 2017, 06:00

ashman wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 22:51
Ceenitall wrote:
He's missed a couple of good chances...and he's getting slaughtered for it.

If he's managed and coached properly....We could have a player here.

ashman

Post by ashman » 17 Nov 2017, 07:16

superposh80 wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 06:00
I'm afraid that that is the way that so many of our fans react towards any of our prospects. We are in agreement about the lad's abilities. Question. Would you a) continue to play him, ignoring the numpties, b) use him purely as a sub or c) send him out on loan?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Nov 2017, 09:22

ashman wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 07:16
superposh80 wrote:
I'm afraid that that is the way that so many of our fans react towards any of our prospects. We are in agreement about the lad's abilities. Question. Would you a) continue to play him, ignoring the numpties, b) use him purely as a sub or c) send him out on loan?
Surely that is for McCann to decide, judging by the way the club have dealt with the same situation with Newell, Anderson, and DaSilva we will continue with him and if those of you who know the player from close up we sound as though we have possibly another Gayle or Assombalonga on our hands.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Nov 2017, 11:25

ashman wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 07:16
superposh80 wrote:
combination of a and b for me