Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18324
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by tonyp » 14 Nov 2017, 03:50

Liverpool Echo
Tranmere Rovers FC boss Micky Mellon hails his side's self-belief ahead of Peterborough FA Cup replay.
“They’re good players who are full of self-belief,” he said.

“With that self-belief comes confidence, and with getting results it makes everybody happy.

“We now move on to Peterborough.

“We’re going to try and win that and do again what the game asks us.

“We know it’s going to be a difficult game, but it’s one we’re very much looking forward to.”

The game on Wednesday presents Tranmere with a chance to book their place in the FA Cup second round.
Shame they'll have to cancel the booking.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18324
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by tonyp » 14 Nov 2017, 08:21

And from the Tranmere Official site -
Peterborough looked nervous against Rovers for much of the home tie. They sat back which suggests concern around the pace of Motley-Henry, James Norwood and Gerry McDonagh. With the crowd behind them, this could be a big step on the road back to the League with a confidence-building victory in the magical FA Cup.
:lol:
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1053
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by DoubleRay » 14 Nov 2017, 12:51

Playing Lloyd from the start might be an improvement. He looks to have cemented a place and a lot more useful than Kanu will ever seem to be.
Leo remains the enigma that he is but no doubt will start for the cameras. I can't remember the last time we played on a Wednesday but it might suit us.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16044
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by ashman » 14 Nov 2017, 12:58

DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:51
Playing Lloyd from the start might be an improvement. He looks to have cemented a place and a lot more useful than Kanu will ever seem to be.
Leo remains the enigma that he is but no doubt will start for the cameras. I can't remember the last time we played on a Wednesday but it might suit us.
It can't be worse than our Tuesday evening kickoff form!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14694
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by stuie » 14 Nov 2017, 14:35

ashman wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:58
DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:51
Playing Lloyd from the start might be an improvement. He looks to have cemented a place and a lot more useful than Kanu will ever seem to be.
Leo remains the enigma that he is but no doubt will start for the cameras. I can't remember the last time we played on a Wednesday but it might suit us.
It can't be worse than our Tuesday evening kickoff form!
yep, but sitting here on a Tuesday afternoon, me feels like it should be today
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 4834
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by superposh80 » 14 Nov 2017, 16:54

ashman wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:58
DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:51
Playing Lloyd from the start might be an improvement. He looks to have cemented a place and a lot more useful than Kanu will ever seem to be.
Leo remains the enigma that he is but no doubt will start for the cameras. I can't remember the last time we played on a Wednesday but it might suit us.
It can't be worse than our Tuesday evening kickoff form!
Why on earth would a cold Wednesday night on Merseyside...and it could be a long one at that...suit us better, when we've just played at Wimbledon on Sunday and play Blackpool at home on Saturday?

No...me neither.

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1053
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by DoubleRay » 14 Nov 2017, 17:40

superposh80 wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 16:54
ashman wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:58
DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:51
Playing Lloyd from the start might be an improvement. He looks to have cemented a place and a lot more useful than Kanu will ever seem to be.
Leo remains the enigma that he is but no doubt will start for the cameras. I can't remember the last time we played on a Wednesday but it might suit us.
It can't be worse than our Tuesday evening kickoff form!
Why on earth would a cold Wednesday night on Merseyside...and it could be a long one at that...suit us better, when we've just played at Wimbledon on Sunday and play Blackpool at home on Saturday?

No...me neither.
Durrr, because we did play Sunday.. it won't be that cold either, about 10° which isn't so bad. Crikey some people have to analyse everything. :lol:

superposh80
Posts: 4834
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by superposh80 » 14 Nov 2017, 18:20

...And we've got to play Saturday.

You know as well as I do that if we don't beat Blackpool, McCann will be rolling out the excuse about the Sunday game and the long trip back from Tranmere.

It doesn't suit us at all.

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1053
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by DoubleRay » 14 Nov 2017, 18:34

superposh80 wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 18:20
...And we've got to play Saturday.

You know as well as I do that if we don't beat Blackpool, McCann will be rolling out the excuse about the Sunday game and the long trip back from Tranmere.

It doesn't suit us at all.
Well we have to play it sometime. When would you propose we play it? They would only be training otherwise so fitness shouldn't be an issue.

superposh80
Posts: 4834
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by superposh80 » 14 Nov 2017, 18:42

Training on a Wednesday night?

This is one game we could have done without...and it doesn't suit us or matter whenever we play it.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4429
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by Chompy » 14 Nov 2017, 20:05

DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:51
Playing Lloyd from the start might be an improvement. He looks to have cemented a place and a lot more useful than Kanu will ever seem to be.
Leo remains the enigma that he is but no doubt will start for the cameras. I can't remember the last time we played on a Wednesday but it might suit us.
Kid's 17. Might be a touch soon to assume he's already peaked.

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1053
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by DoubleRay » 14 Nov 2017, 20:51

Re: superposh80
Posh have to play midweek games same as all clubs. It's no good saying we could do without it or being a doom and gloom merchant. They train during the weekdays as you know. Besides it might all come good.

Re: chompy
I hope Kanu does come good. Yes he's 17 but doesn't look like he is cutting the mustard in the first team as yet. He will (and is) getting his chance though. We'll see.

Ceenitall
Posts: 1068
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by Ceenitall » 14 Nov 2017, 21:06

Windy and Junior are out somebody has to step up!

superposh80
Posts: 4834
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by superposh80 » 14 Nov 2017, 21:17

DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 20:51
Re: superposh80
Posh have to play midweek games same as all clubs. It's no good saying we could do without it or being a doom and gloom merchant. They train during the weekdays as you know. Besides it might all come good.
I'm aware of that.

My point is...This Replay is a game we don't need.

We should have put this tie to bed at home

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8885
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Posh v Tranmere Rovers FA Cup

Post by Brianposh » 14 Nov 2017, 21:56

superposh80 wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 21:17
DoubleRay wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 20:51
Re: superposh80
Posh have to play midweek games same as all clubs. It's no good saying we could do without it or being a doom and gloom merchant. They train during the weekdays as you know. Besides it might all come good.
I'm aware of that.

My point is...This Replay is a game we don't need.

We should have put this tie to bed at home
We would have done if we had not played total rubbish.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests