Posh v Gillingham

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bettingbill

Re: Posh v Gillingham

Post by bettingbill » 14 Oct 2017, 23:45

Miller is still yet to convince me to be fair, but how anyone can accuse him of lack of effort escapes me and bar a worldy from their giant it could have been a different result.
From where I sit just some of the problems, and has been for a few games is that defence is looking slower and more disjointed with each game that passes, but i suppose springing to their defence they are hardly getting much protection from the middle regardless of who GM puts there. Equally whoever plays up front are being almost starved of quality chances in these same games with long range efforts and especially free kicks seemingly our best chance of scoring and that doesn't bode well either.
Again if someone can tell me why the boss took Grant off and more explain to me what tactics we actually played because ( I think) I counted five six changes, and if it confused me what must it be doing for the boys playing?
I think GM needs to go back to tactical basics and decide how he wants to play and stick to it as inqould imagine not only the defeats but the absurd manner of the defeats must be really annoying to a certain Irishman not known for his patience!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Oct 2017, 23:59

DMac was/has been way more patient with Westley/McCann than either have merited.

As for Miller, I've never accused him of lack of effort. Just not being good enough. And I'm more convinced of that than ever.

Not sure why McCann's or Miller's stock is so high with Posh fans. Neither has done anything to deserve it.

According to Radio Cambs, we were going 3-4-1-2 pre-game (two opinions) and McCann is a 'highly promising manager who most fans wouldn't want to leave'. Ridiculous on both counts.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Oct 2017, 00:01

The note that McCann gave Baldwin to pass around the team....As Gillingham were scoring btw....Summed up the whole day and McCann's performance in the technical area....

Grant is over thinking this gig...and it's costing us.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 15 Oct 2017, 00:05

Would love to know what was on that note. Looked utterly ridiculous whatever it was.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Oct 2017, 07:18

It's almost like McCann is playing at being a football manager....

Mike Bassett is starting to spring to mind.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Oct 2017, 09:35

Alan Swann in the Peterborough Telegraph thinks that DMac will be more than frustrated!!
‘Frustrated’ surely doesn’t even begin to cover the feelings of the chairman and the fans
It was a shock not to see manager Grant McCann trembling in his shoes when he finally reached his post-match press debrief at 6.10pm (there had been a lot to discuss, obviously). Indeed he was remarkably calm, apologising to those whose deadlines had altered, before describing his boss’s mood as ‘frustrated’ which could well qualify as the understatement of the season so far.
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Oct 2017, 09:49

Gills Connect acknowledge that having a good manager is the answer.
Lovell changed formation that provided a team effort surpassing anything under the previous manager.
Caretaker boss Steve Lovell deserved this first victory and has galvenised the Gills into an attacking unit with defensive steel that hopefully will prove successful in moving up the table .

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 15 Oct 2017, 10:03

Yesterday's result had nothing to do with either Lovell or the team effort, it was 100% down to McCann and our team 'effort'.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... -1-8197615

^ spot on

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Oct 2017, 11:34

The silence is deafening from our 'learned' Posh fans this morning....Those that were predicting a wide margin victory to help us on our way to lifting the league one title.

Lol.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Oct 2017, 11:46

superposh80 wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 11:34
The silence is deafening from our 'learned' Posh fans this morning....Those that were predicting a wide margin victory to help us on our way to lifting the league one title.

Lol.
I think you'll find that a couple have been driven away by the constant bickering between Chompy and anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion, I'm one of the few with thick enough skin to put up with it.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 15 Oct 2017, 11:49

You're such a trooper bristle.

But you're right, a forum with zero traffic has become...a forum with zero traffic.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Oct 2017, 11:52

bristleposh wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 11:46
superposh80 wrote:

Lol.
I think you'll find that a couple have been driven away by the constant bickering between Chompy and anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion, I'm one of the few with thick enough skin to put up with it.
Still prepared to come on here and delete your posts though....

Happy about that?

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Oct 2017, 12:01

superposh80 wrote:

Lol.
Maybe they are disappointed with the game yesterday and don't want to come on here and moan and groan and say how clever they are for knowing it would turn out this way.

john316z

Post by john316z » 15 Oct 2017, 12:49

Hell this is miserable stuff and that's nothing to do with the football on the pitch. Playground stuff a lot of it. Blaming Chompy for it all is pretty poor given the forum has been mostly dead for years! I hear through unofficial sources that the note yesterday from McCann said "The manager has told me to tell you that we better score today or one of us is getting fired. My job as the manager's face is secure as he picked me. So grow some cajones as I haven't got any" or something like that

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Oct 2017, 13:36

superposh80 wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 11:52
bristleposh wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 11:46
superposh80 wrote:

Lol.
Still prepared to come on here and delete your posts though....

Happy about that?
Yes, most of the time it's deserved
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me