Posh v Gillingham

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Posh v Gillingham

Post by superposh80 » 14 Oct 2017, 18:32

superposh80 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 11:13
A team hopelessly out of form....Just sacked their manager.

You know how it works
....And there you have it.

More fool me for not taking my own advice....and the 11/2

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2017, 18:42

From my seat in Bristol the thing that hit home is how slow our defence is, perhaps Taylor could do with a rest along with calamity, perhaps Taff and Cartwright should be entrusted, couldn't do worse. Maybe Danger Mouse couldn't be worse than Dusty.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 14 Oct 2017, 18:43

tooposhforwords wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 17:14
DaveLister wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 17:09
Yeesh. Junior can't get fit again soon enough.
Yes because one player is the answer to these performances. If you don’t watch the matches you shouldn’t bother speculating.
Yes, because Miller has filled juniors boots so well.

I was in the motorpoint today, don't tell me which matches I go to.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Oct 2017, 18:46

bristleposh wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 18:42
From my seat in Bristol the thing that hit home is how slow our defence is, perhaps Taylor could do with a rest along with calamity, perhaps Taff and Cartwright should be entrusted, couldn't do worse. Maybe Danger Mouse couldn't be worse than Dusty.
You want to put a kid in central defence in our current form?

Couldn't make this up, you really couldn't.

Maybe we've found McCann's poshforum username?

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 14 Oct 2017, 18:48

DaveLister wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 18:43
tooposhforwords wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 17:14
DaveLister wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 17:09
Yeesh. Junior can't get fit again soon enough.
Yes because one player is the answer to these performances. If you don’t watch the matches you shouldn’t bother speculating.
Yes, because Miller has filled juniors boots so well.

I was in the motorpoint today, don't tell me which matches I go to.
Did your minder forget to wake you during the game?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Oct 2017, 18:49

Defence is fine, it's the midfield that's the problem.

After today's inspired substitution of Granty, we were left with the player that used to be Chris Forrester, the new darling of the family stand LDSL, an out-of-form Maddison and a non-leaguer who's had about 10mins game time in L1 football.

I even found the name Adil Nabi popping into my head. That's how bad it was.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 14 Oct 2017, 20:11

Chompy wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 18:49

After today's inspired substitution of Granty, we were left with the player that used to be Chris Forrester, the new darling of the family stand LDSL, an out-of-form Maddison and a non-leaguer who's had about 10mins game time in L1 football.

Can't disagree with that.. Quite why Grant was taken off I don't know, other than Edwards and Marriott you could have almost taken anyone off apart from those three and we'd have improved.

Not a fan of dropping Taffazoli and keeping Baldwin on the pitch either, although got to be pointed out that Edwards did come in from some hammer today and wasn't offered a great deal of protection from the referee.

All that being said, Grant was on the pitch when their goalscorer was given the freedom of the midfield to have a pop from 30 odd yards for the goal. Noone closed the guy down at all.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Oct 2017, 20:47

DaveLister wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 20:11
Chompy wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 18:49

Can't disagree with that.. Quite why Grant was taken off I don't know, other than Edwards and Marriott you could have almost taken anyone off apart from those three and we'd have improved.

Not a fan of dropping Taffazoli and keeping Baldwin on the pitch either, although got to be pointed out that Edwards did come in from some hammer today and wasn't offered a great deal of protection from the referee.

All that being said, Grant was on the pitch when their goalscorer was given the freedom of the midfield to have a pop from 30 odd yards for the goal. Noone closed the guy down at all.

iirc he skipped past MM as if he wasn't there.
Which he wasn't 90% of the match

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2017, 21:11

Chompy wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 18:46
bristleposh wrote:

It might actually change the form, or doesn't that compute. The defence that shipped three against a poor Oldham, four against the hardly prolific Oxford and a goal for the first time in 400 odd minutes away from home for a team with the wonderful Zak in defence who was passed his sell by date when he went to Wobblers. Just keep thinking you are the only person with a valid opinion, and take the pith out of anyone who dares to have a different opinion from yourself. I'm not saying I'm right, I just think it can't be any worse.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Oct 2017, 21:49

bristleposh wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 21:11
Chompy wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 18:46
bristleposh wrote:

It might actually change the form, or doesn't that compute. The defence that shipped three against a poor Oldham, four against the hardly prolific Oxford and a goal for the first time in 400 odd minutes away from home for a team with the wonderful Zak in defence who was passed his sell by date when he went to Wobblers. Just keep thinking you are the only person with a valid opinion, and take the pith out of anyone who dares to have a different opinion from yourself. I'm not saying I'm right, I just think it can't be any worse.
I've been ignoring chompy's posts for a while now and the board has seemed a much better place.
But when they get quoted by other people I have read bits.
Your post here bristle sums it up well.
Why couldn't chompy have said something like " I really don't think that putting a kid in central defence would work.
But, we are all entitled to an opinion and we'll see what McCann does"
Instead of that rubbish he actually posted.
Being happy never goes out of style

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Oct 2017, 22:27

lol

john316z

Post by john316z » 14 Oct 2017, 22:40

Dear stick up for your chums despite the obvious..... Never mind everyone wants to see us in L2. We might win a game.... But as we always do badly against the poor teams.... Ah there's the flaw in that plan! Jogging on....

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2017, 22:48

john316z wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 22:40
Dear stick up for your chums despite the obvious..... Never mind everyone wants to see us in L2. We might win a game.... But as we always do badly against the poor teams.... Ah there's the flaw in that plan! Jogging on....
You what?

john316z

Post by john316z » 14 Oct 2017, 23:12

bristleposh wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 22:48
john316z wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 22:40
You what?
Don't disturb me I'm jogging on

stuie

Post by stuie » 14 Oct 2017, 23:15

The plan today seemed to be lets go out and play goo d football today at the start, unfortunately we never scored in this first period, after that we never got going. and we let Gillingham into the game. IMO it is was our forward midfield and lack of strike force that let us down, I thought Kanu was good, Edwards very good, Maddison went missing. all the pre season hype about Miller, yet to perform. Gave up chasing balls far to easy. Unfortunately I put the responsibility with the Manager. I would say, line a good Manager up, e.g. Steve Evans.
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far