Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tooposhforwords
Posts: 379
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by tooposhforwords » 04 Oct 2017, 08:50

LDSL not a football player. A few pretty touches and tricks may impress the supporters for whom MOTD is their real Saturday match.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4321
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by Chompy » 04 Oct 2017, 13:49

If we fielded the team that played last night for an entire L1 campaign, they'd finish around 18th. Similar to Cobblers.

GM can say what he likes, there was very little quality on show, with Shaphard, Grant and Lloyd the only exceptions.

LDSL is now known as GTTM, aka Going Through The Motions.

dunc
Posts: 1828
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 01:40
Location: shropshire

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by dunc » 04 Oct 2017, 14:19

yeah I gave up on LDSL two games ago!
When I saw him at Oldham deliberately pull out of making a tackle.

I don't mind if someone doesn't have the strength or pace to do something - you at least want them to show willing and not just turn back from a situation

tooposhforwords
Posts: 379
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by tooposhforwords » 04 Oct 2017, 14:56

john316z wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 22:35
Ricky did better but probably the most embarrassing dive ever for his yellow card. I'm sure the usual ones on here that berate Maddison over similar antics will do the same to the Golden Boy
Miller still has the potential. He could do with less running and more thinking with where he can exploit the space. It would also help if Taff, Baldwin and Hughes played a simple ball forward (and let the midfield distribute) rather than a long ball anywhere.

bettingbill
Posts: 36
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by bettingbill » 04 Oct 2017, 15:01

Like you John thought it was a blatant dive last night, and a cringeful one at that, however after watching the highlights, I take it all back, as on camera it looks a nailed on penalty. More so in view if the fact that had he not gone down he would have had an open goal.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15953
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by ashman » 04 Oct 2017, 15:19

john316z wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 22:47
I didn't think much of Doughty tonight. Looks like he lacks bottle in a challenge but some cracking distribution. I'm still on the fence... O'Malley looks promising but currently has the distribution of Olejnik.
I assume that you went to sleep when O'Malley came out and collected a set piece. It was down to his instant distribution out wide to Ricky Miller who shot and Danny Lloyd followed up to score. He also made several good saves during the 90 mins. I would be quite happy to see him as our number one!
There is not a keeper who can keep it on the green bit all the time!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 4726
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by superposh80 » 04 Oct 2017, 15:33

O'Malley is the future number one and looks ready to step up when Bond's time is done....if not before.

I'm open minded on Miller....but if anything happens to Marriott, then I don't know where the goals are coming from atm.

McCann is...trying to. ....do a job of papering over the cracks.... We're 4th in the league, top of this Chuckitout league etc...

I still remain totally unconvinced by it all.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4321
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by Chompy » 04 Oct 2017, 15:40

Don't think it was a dive but don't think it was a stone-waller either.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15953
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by ashman » 04 Oct 2017, 18:19

Chompy wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 15:40
Don't think it was a dive but don't think it was a stone-waller either.
Just watched the extended highlights and I am sure that 9 times out of 10 that penalty would have been given. He got the ball under control, took the ball to the keeper's left and was upended by his outstretched leg. Pen for me!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 4726
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by superposh80 » 04 Oct 2017, 19:25

he's looking for it...like most forwards would in that position.

it's a penalty all day long though imo.

john316z
Posts: 1579
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by john316z » 05 Oct 2017, 08:25

ashman wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 15:19
john316z wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 22:47
I didn't think much of Doughty tonight. Looks like he lacks bottle in a challenge but some cracking distribution. I'm still on the fence... O'Malley looks promising but currently has the distribution of Olejnik.
I assume that you went to sleep when O'Malley came out and collected a set piece. It was down to his instant distribution out wide to Ricky Miller who shot and Danny Lloyd followed up to score. He also made several good saves during the 90 mins. I would be quite happy to see him as our number one!
There is not a keeper who can keep it on the green bit all the time!
Jeez Grandad... probably best to lay off the Sanatogen.... Generally his distribution wasn't great. I didn't comment on his overall goalkeeping skills but he made some excellent saves. I good moment doesn't always overcome more bad ones. Otherwise Leo would have been MOM for his penalty at the end. Absolutuely superb penalty but he was awful the rest of the game. He looks like we're going to destroy him by playing him constantly. The Cat looks a great find but still needs to work on his distribution as he managed to find touch with ease on Tuesday :roll:

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15953
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by ashman » 05 Oct 2017, 18:16

john316z wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 08:25
ashman wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 15:19
john316z wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 22:47
I didn't think much of Doughty tonight. Looks like he lacks bottle in a challenge but some cracking distribution. I'm still on the fence... O'Malley looks promising but currently has the distribution of Olejnik.
I assume that you went to sleep when O'Malley came out and collected a set piece. It was down to his instant distribution out wide to Ricky Miller who shot and Danny Lloyd followed up to score. He also made several good saves during the 90 mins. I would be quite happy to see him as our number one!
There is not a keeper who can keep it on the green bit all the time!
Jeez Grandad... probably best to lay off the Sanatogen.... Generally his distribution wasn't great. I didn't comment on his overall goalkeeping skills but he made some excellent saves. I good moment doesn't always overcome more bad ones. Otherwise Leo would have been MOM for his penalty at the end. Absolutuely superb penalty but he was awful the rest of the game. He looks like we're going to destroy him by playing him constantly. The Cat looks a great find but still needs to work on his distribution as he managed to find touch with ease on Tuesday :roll:
A player's contribution is always a topic for debate. However there is no need for the Grandad and Sanatogen remarks.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tooposhforwords
Posts: 379
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by tooposhforwords » 05 Oct 2017, 18:38

A player's contribution is always a topic for debate. However there is no need for the Grandad and Sanatogen remarks.
It might be a good idea to delete them,

Before you forget.

tooposhforwords
Posts: 379
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by tooposhforwords » 05 Oct 2017, 18:41

Pen for me!
Ironically, this quote was pre-senility.

AndoverPoshFan
Posts: 238
Joined: 05 Aug 2006, 21:42
Location: Andover

Re: Posh v Northampton (Checkatrade)

Post by AndoverPoshFan » 05 Oct 2017, 19:41

Why is it fans have a go at the players who play for us. Always moaning and groaning and now this time its for ldsl. Let's give the lad encouragement instead of slating him. The people who see him train daily obviously have faith in him so why shouldn't we. Just give the lad a chance.

UTP

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chompy and 12 guests