Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Posh v Oxford

Post by DaveLister » 30 Sep 2017, 17:39

Chompy wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 17:19
Oh dear.

Welcome to...last season. All over again.

Genuine promotion teams don't lose two on the spin v Oldham and Oxford.

They don't believe. Not really. That game was there to be put to bed in the first half but they were only really on it apart for the first 20mins, if that.

McCann makes the same mistakes with formations over and over again and seems to think we're Man City, switching set-ups and players every game.

Give any team in this league that sort of sniff and they'll pick you apart. It ws the Jack Payne show again, same as every time he comes to our place. Different gear that guy.

We don't have a player like that, one who can run the show. We did, but he went to Walsall.

Either way, we're back in our comfort zone. Tottle along in mid-table, score a hatful once in a while, give false hope. But never really believe.

PS, for Ricky Miller read Joe Gormley.
Is that 'Ricky Miller, natural goalscorer? "

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 30 Sep 2017, 17:44

That's the fella.

Ricky the natural scorer and Joe the goal.

Two great myths of our time.

Of course, he'll always be lauded by the ultra types, coz he bit another player {{edited by Nipper - offensive (even tho accurate) word deleted}} and got stuck in to the Cobblers fans.

God that Wobblers game feels like a lifetime ago now.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 30 Sep 2017, 18:04

I'm blaming McCann for this defeat. ...100%

He's tactically inept. He doesn't know what formation to play...Or when to play it...and he and his team are slowly getting found out.

We huffed and puffed through the first half with Grant controlling the midfield and possibly could have been 2 or 3 up...

Second half....Jack Payne ripped a confused looking Posh side apart.

As on Tuesday against another out of form team....We got what we deserved.

john316z

Post by john316z » 30 Sep 2017, 18:21

DaveLister wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 17:39
Chompy wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 17:19
Oh dear.

Welcome to...last season. All over again.

Genuine promotion teams don't lose two on the spin v Oldham and Oxford.

They don't believe. Not really. That game was there to be put to bed in the first half but they were only really on it apart for the first 20mins, if that.

McCann makes the same mistakes with formations over and over again and seems to think we're Man City, switching set-ups and players every game.

Give any team in this league that sort of sniff and they'll pick you apart. It ws the Jack Payne show again, same as every time he comes to our place. Different gear that guy.

We don't have a player like that, one who can run the show. We did, but he went to Walsall.

Either way, we're back in our comfort zone. Tottle along in mid-table, score a hatful once in a while, give false hope. But never really believe.

PS, for Ricky Miller read Joe Gormley.
Is that 'Ricky Miller, natural goalscorer? "
Only 2 leagues lower on that performance. Out of his depth for sure

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 30 Sep 2017, 21:03

Jack Baldwin can either play football, or he can defend. He can't do both. Given that his chosen profession is a central defender, the guy is an error waiting to happen. Gaby Zakuani couldn't play football, but at least you could rely on him to clear his lines.

john316z

Post by john316z » 30 Sep 2017, 21:26

DaveLister wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 21:03
Jack Baldwin can either play football, or he can defend. He can't do both. Given that his chosen profession is a central defender, the guy is an error waiting to happen. Gaby Zakuani couldn't play football, but at least you could rely on him to clear his lines.
Baldwin and Taff were horror stories today. Absolutely appalling both of them

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 30 Sep 2017, 21:42

For the third game on the trot we created little which surely isnt helped by MM camping out on the wing. Can someone correct me if I am wrong here but isnt he meant to be playing behind the front two and through the middle, the worry is thats the third very average game he's had on the trot.and worse is very quickly reverting back to his play acting best.
That said our defence was all over the place wasn't it, and the poor old skipper looks like a nervous wreck. We surely have to return to four at the back because playing three just isnt working, there were holes everywhere and Oxford almost walked through us and to the extent that they could have easily had another 2-3 goals, 5it bordered on the embarrassing watching them continually tearing us to shreds in the second half. I thought I was back at Oldham.
Fascinating to see what tactics we employ next game.as they sure as hell won't be the same as today

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 30 Sep 2017, 22:41

LDSL and Anderson need to stay out of the 11. I’d hope for injuries but that would mean having to play football.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 30 Sep 2017, 23:22

A disgraceful performance. Only Grant and Marriot should be paid, the rest deserve no wage packet this week. Unbelievably poor football.
Baldwin, Hughes and Taff are not footballers on that display. Mc.Cann IS responsible of course.
Last edited by Brianposh on 30 Sep 2017, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 30 Sep 2017, 23:44

GM is loosing the plot, he is not as invincible as he thinks he is, he has work to do. Defenders cannot be haring up the wings and defend as well....too much on their minds. Today was the second disaster on the trot of the season, if GM does not get a grip it will continue. How can it not?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 Oct 2017, 00:07

Some great points on here tonight.

Don't think anyone would disagree with any of them.

Anderson's lack of desire for a youngster who's been on the sidelines for ages and just signed a new contract was mind-blowing. He needs to pull his finger out big time.

Same comment LDSL. I'm still to see what all the fuss is about and his career is going forwards about as quickly as Martin Samuelson's at the moment. Not all promising youngsters kick on. If he doesn't get his ar$e in gear quick, he'll be dropping out of the league, never mind heading for the Premier League.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 01 Oct 2017, 08:24

McCann is over complicating things....He needs to take a look at himself before he goes running to press conferences slaughtering his players.

This wing back system is quite frankly pathetic and needs to be binned...We have been saying the same as everyone else...We don't have the players to play to it. Our 'wing backs' are really full backs or midfielders and are lost in this position.

The second half yesterday will go down as McCann's worst 45 minutes as Posh manager for me....He was clueless as what to do tactically.

Let's come out and blame the players though...That should deflect anything away from him.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Oct 2017, 08:57

Chompy wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 00:07
Some great points on here tonight.

Don't think anyone would disagree with any of them.

Anderson's lack of desire for a youngster who's been on the sidelines for ages and just signed a new contract was mind-blowing. He needs to pull his finger out big time.

Same comment LDSL. I'm still to see what all the fuss is about and his career is going forwards about as quickly as Martin Samuelson's at the moment. Not all promising youngsters kick on. If he doesn't get his ar$e in gear quick, he'll be dropping out of the league, never mind heading for the Premier League.
Error imo on McCann's part to drop Shepherd for Leo. Many people have commented elsewhere on Leo being made to look a bad player by playing out of position, but if he doesn't play at right back he wouldn't get in this team.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Oct 2017, 09:50

superposh80 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 08:24
McCann is over complicating things....He needs to take a look at himself before he goes running to press conferences slaughtering his players.

This wing back system is quite frankly pathetic and needs to be binned...We have been saying the same as everyone else...We don't have the players to play to it. Our 'wing backs' are really full backs or midfielders and are lost in this position.

The second half yesterday will go down as McCann's worst 45 minutes as Posh manager for me....He was clueless as what to do tactically.

Let's come out and blame the players though...That should deflect anything away from him.
This is McCann's first managerial job. I thought that most of us gave him until Christmas to prove himself.
It's still early days. I think that we will probably continue the way we have been going. Win some. Lose some.
I don't see this as a promotion season.
Nevertheless-
:comeon:
Being happy never goes out of style

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 Oct 2017, 09:52

Darragh's insistence on playing two up front all the time, and McCann's insistence on sticking with three at the back as our go-to system is about to send us tumbling down the league.

I've never been as hurt by a Posh performance as I was yesterday. They've spent two months building us up and then...that. Actually feel depressed.

Please go 4-3-3 for the forseeable. LDSL can compete with Grant, Forrester, Doughty, Anderson and Chettle for the three midfield spots. AKA in position. FFSFFSFFSFFS.