Luke McGee

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

AndoverPoshFan

Luke McGee

Post by AndoverPoshFan » 23 Sep 2017, 20:31

I thought we lost out when he signed for pompey. Really happy with Bond in goal. He has made some excellent saves and is a true gentleman (met him in the services after the Bristol game).

Loving this season great signings UTP

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Re: Luke McGee

Post by poshnipper » 24 Sep 2017, 05:05

Luke McGee wouldn't have done anything to enhance the clearly evident team spirit that we've got this season. I'm glad we didn't keep him.
And it ain't often that you'll hear me say that :oops:
:comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Sep 2017, 05:32

poshnipper wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 05:05
Luke McGee wouldn't have done anything to enhance the clearly evident team spirit that we've got this season. I'm glad we didn't keep him.
Well said nipper.
It's just a shame that we may soon be going through the same rigmarole of wondering whether we can renew the loan as we did with McGee.
:comeon:
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Sep 2017, 09:14

poshnipper wrote:
McGee was a totally different kind of character to Bond. Towards the end of his tenure, some of us in the LRE began to really dislike him, mainly due to the way he chastised some of his defence when ever a mistake (team game mistake) was made. The way he flew at Leo once is particularly memorable and the language he used was appalling! As you say Nipper, that sort of 'blame everybody but yourself' attitude just doesn't have a place in the structure of the Posh this year.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 24 Sep 2017, 09:25

ashman wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 09:14
poshnipper wrote:
McGee was a totally different kind of character to Bond. Towards the end of his tenure, some of us in the LRE began to really dislike him, mainly due to the way he chastised some of his defence when ever a mistake (team game mistake) was made. The way he flew at Leo once is particularly memorable and the language he used was appalling! As you say Nipper, that sort of 'blame everybody but yourself' attitude just doesn't have a place in the structure of the Posh this year.
this is football though ashman...not a church service.

swearing and having a go at your team mates is all part of the game...what goes on the pitch, stays on the pitch.

as far as mcgee is concerned...the majority of posh fans wanted him back in the summer.

bond is doing well...whether he stays on beyond january though remains to be seen.

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Sep 2017, 09:31

superposh80 wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 09:25
ashman wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 09:14
poshnipper wrote:
this is football though ashman...not a church service.

swearing and having a go at your team mates is all part of the game...what goes on the pitch, stays on the pitch.

as far as mcgee is concerned...the majority of posh fans wanted him back in the summer.

bond is doing well...whether he stays on beyond january though remains to be seen.
... and a good percentage of football is down to attitude. The attitude and application this year is far superior to last year and as Nipper said, 'Luke McGee wouldn't have done anything to enhance the clearly evident team spirit that we've got this season.'
This also spills out from the fans towards the team and the positivity from the terraces this season has been wonderful to see and hear. There is a rumour that even the Family Stand' actually joined in with the singing yesterday! :lol: :clap2: :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Sep 2017, 10:36

For the sake of team spirit I am pleased Mc.Gee is not here this Season.........plus he was very, very expensive.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Sep 2017, 10:43

Good stuff.

It would have been interesting to see how we'd have done with McGee instead of Bond this season but we'll never know of course.

Bond himself has had a couple of moments with Gwion in the past week, but it's all par for the course.

Either way, I saw enogh from O'Malley in his limited game time to not have to sweat what happens in January. Bond will have to take a pay cut if he's to come on a permanent though. Short-term at least.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 24 Sep 2017, 11:27

O'Malley has been signed as a potential number one...He may well get his chance if Bond goes back in January.

McGee may well have been a bit of the...big I am...last season in a team full of boys...

It would have been different this time around with Steven Taylor in defence.