Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Wycliffe

Re: Posh 3 v Wigan 2

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Sep 2017, 09:26

tonyp wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 05:53
Wigan manager Paul Cook says
Peterborough have done a lap of honour to their supporters at the end of the game, I’ve never seen that before in a league game when a team’s won and that’s what it’s like to beat Wigan. Good luck to Peterborough, they’re a good side, they’ve got good players, I’ve got no problem with that but they’ve only won a league game and it’s a long season for everyone. That’s the nature of the game we’re in, we’re a big scalp, everybody wants to beat us and celebrate beating us and it’s something our lads need to learn to manage situations like that.
:lol: :clap2:
I was surprised that McCann and the team did a lap of honour. But it was a big win and we're back in second position. So, good on them.
I bet Wycliffe, Brian, Nipper, Ashman and TopCat watched and cheered. Anybody else?
ffs Tony, don't believe the whingeing moaning scouse pillock who is still smarting about wembley and losing to ten men!
Fact is this team applaud the fans on all 4 sides after EVERY game win, lose or draw. Something Jack Baldwin ensures happens whether he is playing or not. The only difference yesterday was that seemingly everyone stayed on to applaud back except for the incredible morons who left early! :roll:

As for "That's what it is like to beat Wigan". They deserve a lack of respect for being so arrogant.

superposh80

Re: Poshies v Wigan

Post by superposh80 » 24 Sep 2017, 09:29

the lap of honour was...apparently...done as a thank you for the support rather than the fact we beat the best team in the league.

i left...and always do...on the final whistle.

i have a train to catch.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Sep 2017, 11:54

I was glad they did it and hope they keep doing it. The likes of Paul Cook can stfu.

Times like this are to be enjoyed. Yesterday was just fantastic. As was pointed out in the FL paper this morning, you'd do well to see a better game all season. Free-flowing football, countless chances, a vocal crowd and late drama.

God knows we've had some garbage to put up with in recent seasons, which we should never forget now the corner has finally been turned.

Graham Westley...
Jack Payne, captain...
Joe Gormley...
SIMON GILLETT!
Dave Robertson...
Ten left-backs in one season, including Marcus Maddison...

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Sep 2017, 14:10

superposh80 wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 09:29
the lap of honour was...apparently...done as a thank you for the support rather than the fact we beat the best team in the league.

i left...and always do...on the final whistle.

i have a train to catch.
you miss the same thing every match then win lose or draw

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Sep 2017, 15:02

ashman wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 16:44
Chompy wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 13:56
Myself, Ashman and Jimbo have all gone for the same line-up. Incred scenes.

Of course I was in first and the other pair just copied mine, but that's by the by.
Wrong. Jimbo has gone for Forester in front of Doughty. My team and your team do correlate however!
tonyp wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 00:36
McCann might consider starting with Forrester instead of Anthony Grant but that would mean that when he (Grant) comes on and gets his yellow card it would be too late to take him off.
And that's exactly what happened.
Being happy never goes out of style

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Sep 2017, 15:08

We all realise you're a genius tony, you don't need to trumpet it.

stuie

Post by stuie » 24 Sep 2017, 15:18

DoubleRay wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 18:37
The best game of the season for me. Wigan bossed it first half but Posh always play better when facing London Road and it was guts and determination that won it. Junior deserved his two goals and you can see he loves it. Ref was bemused by it all but we came good in the end. Disappointing attendance though.
Smug dog deserves an appearance especially after the moronic Wigan chants of "your Sh*t". but Marriott sent them packing with tail between their legs.
_20170923_183437.JPG
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 24 Sep 2017, 15:23

tonyp wrote:
Peterborough have done a lap of honour to their supporters at the end of the game, I’ve never seen that before in a league game when a team’s won and that’s what it’s like to beat Wigan. Good luck to Peterborough, they’re a good side, they’ve got good players, I’ve got no problem with that but they’ve only won a league game and it’s a long season for everyone. That’s the nature of the game we’re in, we’re a big scalp, everybody wants to beat us and celebrate beating us and it’s something our lads need to learn to manage situations like that.
I was surprised that McCann and the team did a lap of honour. But it was a big win and we're back in second position. So, good on them.
I bet Wycliffe, Brian, Nipper, Ashman and TopCat watched and cheered. Anybody else?
yep, I was there, it just felt so good, the celebration was yes about beating Wigan, but it was more than that, a great fight back in the second half, spirit, atmosphere shown by team and fans
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Sep 2017, 17:14

A great game of proper football. Thoroughly enjoyed.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Sep 2017, 17:41

stuie wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 15:23
tonyp wrote:
yep, I was there, it just felt so good, the celebration was yes about beating Wigan, but it was more than that, a great fight back in the second half, spirit, atmosphere shown by team and fans
and 1000th league win :clap:

john316z

Post by john316z » 24 Sep 2017, 17:44

Wycliffe wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 09:26
The only difference yesterday was that seemingly everyone stayed on to applaud back except for the incredible morons who left early! :roll:
Foolish to leave early, remember Cardiff after all. Morons is a bit over the top. Some people have more going on their lives that what happens in and around London Road! #soberpretendafan

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 24 Sep 2017, 18:09

john316z wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 17:44
Wycliffe wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 09:26
The only difference yesterday was that seemingly everyone stayed on to applaud back except for the incredible morons who left early! :roll:

Foolish to leave early, remember Cardiff after all. Morons is a bit over the top. Some people have more going on their lives that what happens in and around London Road! #soberpretendafan
I agree 're morons john; nonetheless, remember Cardiff at London Road when Cooper was manager :D

Wycliffe

Re: Peterborough 3-2 Wigan MATCH REPORT

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Sep 2017, 07:00

This generally transpires with just one substitution, this time with Gwion Edwards being culled just before half-time for Baldwin. This was for tactical variation as Posh had conceded a fortuitous two deflection effort from Jacobs approximately ten minutes prior.

Well that is ******** for a start. Gwion was injured not culled and the ball hit tayles alone

.Posh performed a lap-of-honour

Er no they didn't or at least not because we beat the mighty Wigan despite what their manager claims.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 25 Sep 2017, 09:09

[ ] worth its own thread.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 25 Sep 2017, 10:32

Wigan failed on the field, they should not have another go with words but take their defeat like men and keep an eye on the league table. Posh want the silverware.