tonyp

Re: Poshies v Wigan

Post by tonyp » 23 Sep 2017, 16:40

3-2 Marriott!! :clap: :clap:
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Sep 2017, 17:07

What a wonderful result, I actually enjoyed listening to it today.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 23 Sep 2017, 17:38

Oh me oh my, that was something a bit special.

What a group this is. Coming from behind against undoubtedly the best team in the league and going again after being pegged back. Stuck it right in their eye!

That sort of togetherness will take us a long way.

Ref was hopeless but was carrying a clown assistant to be fair, who we basically bulled into giving us every decision second half. Think we got the better of Sarginson's guesses too overall.

Shephard is looking a real find. Calm head and way beyond his years.

Captain Jack made his usual blunder but was magnificent otherwise.

As for Radio Cambs, thinking that Gwion coming off was tactical? In the 42nd minute? Are you kidding me!?

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 23 Sep 2017, 18:37

The best game of the season for me. Wigan bossed it first half but Posh always play better when facing London Road and it was guts and determination that won it. Junior deserved his two goals and you can see he loves it. Ref was bemused by it all but we came good in the end. Disappointing attendance though.
Smug dog deserves an appearance especially after the moronic Wigan chants of "your Sh*t". but Marriott sent them packing with tail between their legs.
_20170923_183437.JPG
_20170923_183437.JPG (12.71 KiB) Viewed 409 times

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 23 Sep 2017, 19:21

A great day for the club...I thought a win today could define our season and hopefully it will.

They outplayed us first half, arrogant at times....We did show them too much respect though and I thought McCann's call to drop Grant was the wrong one as they over ran us in midfield.

Morias's goal setting the tone for the second half and I thought for effort alone, we just deserved it. Good to see Marriott back on the score sheet as I thought his confidence was starting to wane.

Morias MOM for his two strikes....but Taylor outstanding again. He's different class at this level and I doubt there's a better centre back in league one than him.

Oldham away on a Tuesday night will be a different ball game....but I'll enjoy these 3 points and worry about that tomorrow!

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Sep 2017, 19:46

Chompy wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 17:38
1) Ref was hopeless but was carrying a clown assistant to be fair, who we basically bulled into giving us every decision second half. Think we got the better of Sarginson's guesses too overall.
2) Shephard is looking a real find. Calm head and way beyond his years.
3) Captain Jack made his usual blunder but was magnificent otherwise.
4) As for Radio Cambs, thinking that Gwion coming off was tactical? In the 42nd minute? Are you kidding me!?
Totally agree with all four of your above comments Chompy. Gwion has a slight groin strain according to McCann. Wasn't it a similar problem that kept him out for the majority of last season? Bullying that linesman in the second half was quite funny - but, hellfire, didn't he deserve it after his showing in the first half? :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Posh 3 v Wigan 2

Post by tonyp » 23 Sep 2017, 22:04

Let's Hang On seem to think that Wigan should have won!!
Wigan Athletic’s failure to convert a multitude of first-half chances proved crucial in the second-half as they slipped to a narrow 3-2 defeat at Peterborough United.

Latics went into the interval 1-0 up but it could so easily have been five or six as they dominated the home team from the kick-off.
I didn't listen to the first half.
Anybody agree with Let's Hang On? I doubt it.

tonyp

Re: Posh v Wigan

Post by tonyp » 23 Sep 2017, 22:11

tonyp wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 22:35
The away figures for those games were
Plymouth 1303 Posh (Poshies 6319)
Rotherham 1038 (Poshies 5317)
Bradford 960 (Poshies 6101)
MK Dons 369 (Poshies 6096)
Wigan are supposed to be bring around 600.
Can we get 7000 poshies there for this game?
Well there were 559 Wigan. (Poshies 5736), Very disappointing. Surely this win will bring back a few more fans for our next home game.
Nobody was posting on here during the game (except for me) so I presume you were all at London Road. Where was everybody else?

tonyp

Posh 3 v Wigan 2

Post by tonyp » 23 Sep 2017, 22:24

superposh80 wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 19:21
A great day for the club...I thought a win today could define our season and hopefully it will.
Me too.
As I said Wigan will be vying with us for an automatic place if we continue to play then way we did in the second half yesterday.
:comeon:

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 23 Sep 2017, 23:54

Good shout saying the 6-4 favourites for the league will be vying for an automatic place.

Let's Hang On have a case tbf. We were lucky to still be in it at half-time and they clearly missed Morsy. Also they had a midweek grind v ten-behind-the-ball Wobblers in the week and it may have caught up with them a bit second half.

Still wouldn't want to detract from our efforts all the same.

tonyp

Posh 3 v Wigan 2

Post by tonyp » 24 Sep 2017, 05:53

Wigan manager Paul Cook says
Peterborough have done a lap of honour to their supporters at the end of the game, I’ve never seen that before in a league game when a team’s won and that’s what it’s like to beat Wigan. Good luck to Peterborough, they’re a good side, they’ve got good players, I’ve got no problem with that but they’ve only won a league game and it’s a long season for everyone. That’s the nature of the game we’re in, we’re a big scalp, everybody wants to beat us and celebrate beating us and it’s something our lads need to learn to manage situations like that.
:lol: :clap2:
I was surprised that McCann and the team did a lap of honour. But it was a big win and we're back in second position. So, good on them.
I bet Wycliffe, Brian, Nipper, Ashman and TopCat watched and cheered. Anybody else?

ashman

Re: Posh 3 v Wigan 2

Post by ashman » 24 Sep 2017, 09:20

tonyp wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 22:04
Let's Hang On seem to think that Wigan should have won!!
Wigan Athletic’s failure to convert a multitude of first-half chances proved crucial in the second-half as they slipped to a narrow 3-2 defeat at Peterborough United.

Latics went into the interval 1-0 up but it could so easily have been five or six as they dominated the home team from the kick-off.
I didn't listen to the first half.
Anybody agree with Let's Hang On? I doubt it.
I couldn't give a 'monkeys' about what 'Let's Hang On' thought about the game. I agree that Wigan had the better of the first half and should have scored more but we should have had a hatful too in the second half. It's a game of two halves don't forget! Sour grapes I reckon.

ashman

Re: Posh 3 v Wigan 2

Post by ashman » 24 Sep 2017, 09:24

tonyp wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 05:53
Wigan manager Paul Cook says
Peterborough have done a lap of honour to their supporters at the end of the game, I’ve never seen that before in a league game when a team’s won and that’s what it’s like to beat Wigan. Good luck to Peterborough, they’re a good side, they’ve got good players, I’ve got no problem with that but they’ve only won a league game and it’s a long season for everyone. That’s the nature of the game we’re in, we’re a big scalp, everybody wants to beat us and celebrate beating us and it’s something our lads need to learn to manage situations like that.
:lol: :clap2:
I was surprised that McCann and the team did a lap of honour. But it was a big win and we're back in second position. So, good on them.
I bet Wycliffe, Brian, Nipper, Ashman and TopCat watched and cheered. Anybody else?
Nipper didn't because she was in Turkey (cold Turkey for her, bless her! :wink: ) but many, many did watch and cheer. We do anyway whenever Posh play - good or bad the team always gets applause from us, even if at times it can be a little less than the enthusiastic the way it was carried out yesterday! :lol: