This season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
superposh80
Posts: 5534
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 04 Mar 2018, 09:10

Love your optimism Stuie...

Bristol Rovers at home will be the 'easiest ' of those games.

Bury away will be the toughest.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 04 Mar 2018, 10:19

superposh80 wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 09:10
Love your optimism Stuie...

Bristol Rovers at home will be the 'easiest ' of those games.

Bury away will be the toughest.
:stupid: Except that I think Bury will be easiest and Bristol Rovers a tough one.

I love Stuie's optimism.
Being happy never goes out of style

superposh80
Posts: 5534
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 04 Mar 2018, 10:40

Bristol Rovers are a bang average league one side with a poor away record...No threat to us or a play off spot.

Bury are fighting for survival....It's always a tough game for us up there.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 04 Mar 2018, 11:14

superposh80 wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 10:40
Bristol Rovers are a bang average league one side with a poor away record...No threat to us or a play off spot.

Bury are fighting for survival....It's always a tough game for us up there.
Time will tell.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: This season

Post by Chompy » 04 Mar 2018, 11:25

I think we either streak into the play-offs with a major run of results, or don't make it at all.

Charlton is our new biggest game of the season. Not least because they're our main rival for top six but also to see if we're going to get any short-term new manager bounce.

Steamy Nin
Posts: 63
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: This season

Post by Steamy Nin » 04 Mar 2018, 11:36

We need 74 points to make the play off's and we currently have 50, so 24 more needed from 12 games. 7 wins and 3 draws will do the job.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 04 Mar 2018, 11:52

Steamy Nin wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:36
We need 74 points to make the play off's and we currently have 50, so 24 more needed from 12 games. 7 wins and 3 draws will do the job.
:clap2: :clap2:
But..
You mean we're going to lose 2 matches? Steve Evans will be cranky!
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z
Posts: 2131
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 04 Mar 2018, 11:54

Chompy wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:25
I think we either streak into the play-offs with a major run of results, or don't make it at all.

Charlton is our new biggest game of the season. Not least because they're our main rival for top six but also to see if we're going to get any short-term new manager bounce.
Isn't that a myth? :wink:

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 04 Mar 2018, 12:10

Chompy wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:25
I think we either streak into the play-offs with a major run of results, or don't make it at all.
I think we'll either get into the play-offs or we won't get into the play-offs.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: This season

Post by Chompy » 04 Mar 2018, 12:17

john316z wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:54
Chompy wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:25
I think we either streak into the play-offs with a major run of results, or don't make it at all.

Charlton is our new biggest game of the season. Not least because they're our main rival for top six but also to see if we're going to get any short-term new manager bounce.
Isn't that a myth? :wink:
It is.

But a winning run under a new manager is attributed new manager bounce, while continuing to lose under the new gaffer is conveniently swept under the carpet.

If we happen to go on a win spree under Evans, though, it's will 100% be down to new manager bounce.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 04 Mar 2018, 12:21

Chompy wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 12:17
continuing to lose under the new gaffer is conveniently swept under the carpet.
Believe me that wouldn't happen here.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: This season

Post by Chompy » 04 Mar 2018, 12:22

Wasn't talking about us.

john316z
Posts: 2131
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 04 Mar 2018, 13:04

Chompy wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 12:17
john316z wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:54
Chompy wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:25
I think we either streak into the play-offs with a major run of results, or don't make it at all.

Charlton is our new biggest game of the season. Not least because they're our main rival for top six but also to see if we're going to get any short-term new manager bounce.
Isn't that a myth? :wink:
It is.

But a winning run under a new manager is attributed new manager bounce, while continuing to lose under the new gaffer is conveniently swept under the carpet.

If we happen to go on a win spree under Evans, though, it's will 100% be down to new manager bounce.
We'll all be bouncing if we start winning. Even the Evans haters! UTP

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 07 Mar 2018, 00:06

Wouldn't it be nice (obviously) if we know we're in the top six before we travel to Portsmouth on May 5th?
Bristle is expecting Portsmouth to be a serious contender for sixth spot. We definitely don't want the final game to be the decider.
I'm predicting we'll beat Fleetwood on April 28th to clinch the spot.
I've been wrong once already this year so I can't be wrong again.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: This season

Post by Chompy » 08 Mar 2018, 11:35

We need a good March for sure, because we then have away trips to Rotherham, Plymouth, Blackburn and Pompey. Eeeeek!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests