This season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
superposh80
Posts: 5472
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 08 Feb 2018, 13:03

A good win won't set us up....because it will more than likely be followed up by a bad defeat.

As much as a bad defeat will be followed by a good win.

It's been happening like that most of the season...and I can't see much changing between now and May.

This team aren't capable of stringing a run of wins together...As much as a run of defeats.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15406
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 08 Feb 2018, 13:53

superposh80 wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 13:03
A good win won't set us up....because it will more than likely be followed up by a bad defeat.

As much as a bad defeat will be followed by a good win.

It's been happening like that most of the season...and I can't see much changing between now and May.

This team aren't capable of stringing a run of wins together...As much as a run of defeats.
my head agrees, however my heart is saying, with the addition of the new blood, maybe just maybe we can turn the corner, of course realising we have the same Manager :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 5472
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 08 Feb 2018, 16:34

stuie wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 13:53
superposh80 wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 13:03
A good win won't set us up....because it will more than likely be followed up by a bad defeat.

As much as a bad defeat will be followed by a good win.

It's been happening like that most of the season...and I can't see much changing between now and May.

This team aren't capable of stringing a run of wins together...As much as a run of defeats.
my head agrees, however my heart is saying, with the addition of the new blood, maybe just maybe we can turn the corner, of course realising we have the same Manager :comeon:
Head over heart every time Stuie.

Think what way you'd go if you were putting money on it.....

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15406
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 10 Feb 2018, 18:31

Grant says he looks at a 6 game series

will 6 points in 6 games is very poor (post Gillingham)
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z
Posts: 2083
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 10 Feb 2018, 19:05

stuie wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 18:31
Grant says he looks at a 6 game series

will 6 points in 6 games is very poor (post Gillingham)
Yup bottom half at best form. Some may say that's relegation form

superposh80
Posts: 5472
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 10 Feb 2018, 19:29

6 game series....lol

Next up we'll have his "mini league"

When he eventually utters his immortal..."I'm not giving up"....We'll know it's all over.

Although most of us know that already.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15406
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 10 Feb 2018, 20:13

superposh80 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 19:29
6 game series....lol

Next up we'll have his "mini league"

When he eventually utters his immortal..."I'm not giving up"....We'll know it's all over.

Although most of us know that already.
yup

I am just going to enjoy the games, on a game by game basis, with no expectations, hence not disappointed :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 5472
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 10 Feb 2018, 20:39

Yep....That's all we can do.

Absolutely zero chance of this mob ever putting a Plymouth style run together though.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15914
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: This season

Post by DaveLister » 10 Feb 2018, 21:16

Ceenitall wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:34
A lot depends on the Gillingham result, a good win will set up Posh, anything other will get the voices of doom ringing out.
So after today's draw at Gillingham, are we doomed?
Image

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15406
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 10 Feb 2018, 22:00

DaveLister wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 21:16
Ceenitall wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:34
A lot depends on the Gillingham result, a good win will set up Posh, anything other will get the voices of doom ringing out.
So after today's draw at Gillingham, are we doomed?
no, we just will not make the play offs ffs
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 5472
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 10 Feb 2018, 23:15

17 points dropped from winning positions in 7 games this season...

9 points in the last 10 minutes.

1 win in the last 8.

Just saying like...

john316z
Posts: 2083
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 11 Feb 2018, 00:15

DaveLister wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 21:16
Ceenitall wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:34
A lot depends on the Gillingham result, a good win will set up Posh, anything other will get the voices of doom ringing out.
So after today's draw at Gillingham, are we doomed?
No we're just bang average. On a good day!

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15406
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 11 Feb 2018, 09:38

superposh80 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 23:15
17 points dropped from winning positions in 7 games this season...

9 points in the last 10 minutes.

1 win in the last 8.

Just saying like...
gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 5472
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 11 Feb 2018, 09:52

for all i care....we could have 5 games in hand but this is never a play off/promotion team.

poor man..team..and game management. late goals conceded...it goes on.

we have talented individuals...but as a team, way too many issues to be anything other than bit part players in a poor league one.

i think mccann is fighting for his job here....

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5240
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: This season

Post by Chompy » 11 Feb 2018, 10:55

Certainly rumblings...

McCann doing a Marco Silva when asked about the Barnsley gig.

DMac's twitter comment.

Big week coming for GM.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests