Posh v Bradford City

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14386
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by stuie » 06 Sep 2017, 23:10

great positive posts, and mature debate :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 4723
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by superposh80 » 06 Sep 2017, 23:13

john316z wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 22:45
Chompy wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 22:37
Doughty continues to be under-rated for the work hes done thus far.

Grant is the clear frontrunner for POTS no question, but Doughty definitely top five material too, alongside Taylor, Gwion and Marriott.

And Maddison. And Taff.

Oops, that's seven.
Who'd have thought it after last season? What a transformation.... So far
Last season we had Bostwick and Forrester...

Bostwick was committed but he couldn't control the midfield like Grant does.

Forrester started last season OK....but fell apart after the Chelsea game....He's got it all to prove now.

Doughty is much more solid.

JohnC
Posts: 806
Joined: 31 May 2011, 21:48

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by JohnC » 07 Sep 2017, 22:08

I'm not sure we know if the ostensibly formidable teams will give us more trouble than the apparently weaker teams against which we've struggled in recent seasons. Most would have identified eventual winners Sheffield United and runners-up Bolton as powers in the division last season, but third-place Scunthorpe and fourth-place Fleetwood wouldn't have occasioned us too many pre-season jitters. Burton Albion didn't seemed much of a threat as their promotion season kicked off. We only took one point off eventually-relegated Coventry last season. MK Dons and Charlton seemed likely promotion contenders last season, but we finished ahead of both.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1012
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Sep 2017, 07:41

Ref Windy.
Has nobody else noticed that Junior is inevitably subbed not long after an hour most matches so almost regardless of the match situation there is no reason to believe that'll change on Saturday?
Grant, at the CTSF Legends evening last season explained at length the type of information the gizmo the players wear during a match give the fitness coaches and why although us experts often moan when a certain player is taken off there are very good reasons why.
Despite Junior shedding loads of weight there are presumably 'fitness'/stamina issues with the lad, bear in mind he's gone from part time to being a pro in a relatively short time so no criticism from me.

Overall, this game really will be a massive test as to how far in such a short time we have gone, big muscular side who have bought well with skillful players over the summer, even if we lose it does not mean we have not actually progressed as we most certainly have nor would a victory mean we are the guaranteed a successful season.

Can't wait.

superposh80
Posts: 4723
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by superposh80 » 08 Sep 2017, 08:13

...that'll be 60 mins for morias and 30 for miller then.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18056
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by tonyp » 08 Sep 2017, 08:17

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 07:41
Ref Windy.
Has nobody else noticed that Junior is inevitably subbed not long after an hour most matches so almost regardless of the match situation there is no reason to believe that'll change on Saturday?
I noticed
tonyp wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 22:48
We'll start with the same line-up. Miller will be on the bench.
He might be given a run if Morias gets too tired to carry on late in the game.
Being happy never goes out of style

Ceenitall
Posts: 1027
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by Ceenitall » 08 Sep 2017, 08:25

Has GM's fitness regime cured the Tuesday gloom? We shall have to wait for the answer. We do have some good back up this year, much better than any previous season.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15951
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by ashman » 08 Sep 2017, 09:32

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 07:41
Has nobody else noticed that Junior is inevitably subbed not long after an hour most matches so almost regardless of the match situation there is no reason to believe that'll change on Saturday?
Grant, at the CTSF Legends evening last season explained at length the type of information the gizmo the players wear during a match give the fitness coaches and why although us experts often moan when a certain player is taken off there are very good reasons why.
Yup. It has been well noted but can they actually read off how a player is doing during a match or do they have to wait until after the game and then download the data? Pretty impressive if they can!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 1012
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Sep 2017, 10:07

ashman wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 09:32
Wycliffe wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 07:41
Has nobody else noticed that Junior is inevitably subbed not long after an hour most matches so almost regardless of the match situation there is no reason to believe that'll change on Saturday?
Grant, at the CTSF Legends evening last season explained at length the type of information the gizmo the players wear during a match give the fitness coaches and why although us experts often moan when a certain player is taken off there are very good reasons why.
Yup. It has been well noted but can they actually read off how a player is doing during a match or do they have to wait until after the game and then download the data? Pretty impressive if they can!
During I am positive they said

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15951
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by ashman » 08 Sep 2017, 10:19

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 10:07
ashman wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 09:32
Wycliffe wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 07:41
Has nobody else noticed that Junior is inevitably subbed not long after an hour most matches so almost regardless of the match situation there is no reason to believe that'll change on Saturday?
Grant, at the CTSF Legends evening last season explained at length the type of information the gizmo the players wear during a match give the fitness coaches and why although us experts often moan when a certain player is taken off there are very good reasons why.
Yup. It has been well noted but can they actually read off how a player is doing during a match or do they have to wait until after the game and then download the data? Pretty impressive if they can!
During I am positive they said
That's awesome!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 982
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by DoubleRay » 08 Sep 2017, 12:41

Miller will soon be able to get his teeth stuck into a match. :) Miller chomping at the bit :) A biting performance by Miller :) An arresting performance by Miller :) Food for thought with Miller :) Miller chewing over his performance today :) A hungry Miller waiting for his first match. :)


I thought I would get the Swann like puns out of the way...now. :)

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15951
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by ashman » 08 Sep 2017, 12:55

DoubleRay wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 12:41
Miller will soon be able to get his teeth stuck into a match. :) Miller chomping at the bit :) A biting performance by Miller :) An arresting performance by Miller :) Food for thought with Miller :) Miller chewing over his performance today :) A hungry Miller waiting for his first match. :)

I thought I would get the Swann like puns out of the way...now. :)
Jack Marriott has already had his say on the matter too!

"It's great for the squad to have another striker chomping at the bit and ready to play his part.


..... and if he comes on and has a stinker, 'Teething troubles for Miller!' :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 4723
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by superposh80 » 08 Sep 2017, 14:44

...is anybody actually aware what body part (s) of this player Miller sunk his teeth into?

For those that don't know....it's a shocker!

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4318
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by Chompy » 08 Sep 2017, 15:03

tonyp wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 08:17
Wycliffe wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 07:41
Ref Windy.
Has nobody else noticed that Junior is inevitably subbed not long after an hour most matches so almost regardless of the match situation there is no reason to believe that'll change on Saturday?
I noticed
tonyp wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 22:48
We'll start with the same line-up. Miller will be on the bench.
He might be given a run if Morias gets too tired to carry on late in the game.
Still copying the opinions of others and passing them off as your own I see.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4318
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by Chompy » 08 Sep 2017, 15:05

superposh80 wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 14:44
...is anybody actually aware what body part (s) of this player Miller sunk his teeth into?

For those that don't know....it's a shocker!
Not heard. below the belt?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests