tonyp

Re: Ricky Miller ban

Post by tonyp » 18 Aug 2017, 01:15

Chompy wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 23:51
Yes tony, we know.
:lol: :clap2:
Thanks chompy. You don't know at all.
That is the first time I've seen the rules quoted on here. And it was for everyone's benefit. Not just yours.
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 Oct 2017, 19:51

Miller looked 2 leagues out of his depth yesterday. Pretty poor all in all and makes Junior look like a bigger miss than anyone else first thought. Must admit that that I first thought he was marking time till Miller was available but he looks pretty poor and another in a long line of useless punts we've taken... Hope I'm wrong

footiefan

Post by footiefan » 01 Oct 2017, 20:03

The whole Team looked 2 leagues below standard yesterday, also hope I'm wrong!! :comeon:

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Oct 2017, 22:13

john316z wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 19:51
Miller looked 2 leagues out of his depth yesterday. Pretty poor all in all and makes Junior look like a bigger miss than anyone else first thought. Must admit that that I first thought he was marking time till Miller was available but he looks pretty poor and another in a long line of useless punts we've taken... Hope I'm wrong
Get shot of him. He has played ONE full 90 minute game and failed to make a huge impression! Dear me, some of the comments about the lad are really so sad. The whole team played badly in the second half (it happens to the best of teams) and Ricky Miller is suddenly the spawn of Satan! Laughable! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Oct 2017, 07:30

ashman wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 22:13
john316z wrote:
Get shot of him. He has played ONE full 90 minute game and failed to make a huge impression! Dear me, some of the comments about the lad are really so sad. The whole team played badly in the second half (it happens to the best of teams) and Ricky Miller is suddenly the spawn of Satan! Laughable! :roll:
Well said mate.
The lad is trying too hard and ironically the 3 or 4 shots he's really caught well would probably gone in had they been scuffed.
I do agree he's not cottoned on that the majority of centre halves in this league won't be bullied so instead of trying to fight them he needs to get away from his marker(s) .
Doesn't help when, as has happened for years we choose to play the ball in the air to our relatively small centre forwards, when Barnett was here though we played some lovely balls into the channels which were equally wasted on him :lol:

Ricky'll get there don't worry.
You may quit John, he won't.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 02 Oct 2017, 08:59

Wycliffe wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 07:30
ashman wrote:
john316z wrote:
Well said mate.
The lad is trying too hard and ironically the 3 or 4 shots he's really caught well would probably gone in had they been scuffed.
I do agree he's not cottoned on that the majority of centre halves in this league won't be bullied so instead of trying to fight them he needs to get away from his marker(s) .
Doesn't help when, as has happened for years we choose to play the ball in the air to our relatively small centre forwards, when Barnett was here though we played some lovely balls into the channels which were equally wasted on him :lol:

Good post, Ade.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 02 Oct 2017, 09:35

Miller did have a poor game for sure....

No worse than the likes of Anderson Baldwin Tafazolli and LDSL who all had shockers.

Not forgetting Grant McCann...His 'performance' was woeful.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 02 Oct 2017, 10:49

If GM fancied Miller at all he'd have come on when Junior went down.

The fact he didn't spoke louder than any opinions anyone else may have.

As for trying too hard, are you really telling me he put the same amount of effort into pressing and hassling the keeper as Junior or Marriott?

john316z

Post by john316z » 02 Oct 2017, 11:35

Usual over reaction from the pensioners again. Merely stating I'm not yet convinced and the step up looks huge. FACT: With Junior out long term he NEEDS to step up fast. Can't carry another striker indefinitely. Admittedly only 1 full game but McCann doesn't seem keen...

john316z

Post by john316z » 02 Oct 2017, 11:36

Wycliffe wrote:
ashman wrote:
john316z wrote:
Well said mate.

Quit what?

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 03 Oct 2017, 06:46

john316z wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 11:36
Wycliffe wrote:
ashman wrote:

Well said mate.

Quit what?
On him