Emergent Football Strategy (making it up as you go)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

ortonposh

Emergent Football Strategy (making it up as you go)

Postby ortonposh » 22 Apr 2017, 00:54

It seems to me that GMC doesn't have a clear idea of his best players and this means he doesn't know what our 'way of playing actually is' - I think he is experimenting every week. Freestone and Borg have a couple of good performances (playing in 'dead rubbers', hence why they were selected) and suddenly they are 'in focus' for next year. If the playing team were a product, e.g. like the iPhone, we are up to version 27 in a single season.

As for the weekly round up of why players aren't fit, the excuses are feeble, flu, slight knock, stomach bug, felt his hamstring, this week we don't want to risk taffozoli, why not he's about to have the summer off...next we'll have Zico virus as an excuse for not selecting a player...all this is masking an unclear vision of his best players and without understanding what way you're going to set your team up you are going to keep 'churning' the players...On top of that you have the chairman sticking his oar in on team selection. It fine DMAC saying its up to GMC to pick the team but while indirect pressure is being applied it makes GMC position difficult. This is also the reason strong mangers won't come to PUFC as they won't be able to work with meddling owners.

Lee Angol comes back from Injury during an experimental striker phase (Nicolls not scoring for several games), Lee never got a real run after returning and suddenly CMS, Nicolls and Morias are flavour of the month. I suspect Lee Angol will be sold which will be a mistake of epic proportions IMO.

I welcome the encouragement and success of Freestone and Borg, but in the new season these 'boys' are going to get murdered by real pro's.

Coming back to the strategy I really don't see it on the pitch...watching POSH play is like watching 12 year olds play, the way the team drift into a 'swarm' with no real use of the pitch to create space or purpose in their forward play, the midfield has been non existent all season...I can't help myself...LDSL hasn't any positional sense whatsoever and i don't see any improvement, this lad may have talent but it isn't showing on the pitch and i can only blame the coaching staff who don't seem to guide this young man who may well do well but i don't think it will be under our coaching staff.

Well that's my rant over for this season. Enjoy the summer.

:comeon:

bristleposh

Re: Emergent Football Strategy (making it up as you go)

Postby bristleposh » 22 Apr 2017, 08:35

Some very good points in there, it makes me wonder why the rest of us haven't noticed the constant swapping around of the team and the lack of leadership, oh wait...
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 22 Apr 2017, 10:11

Great opening post.

Makes me chuckle when DMac retweets stuff about how blessed the fans are to have an open, honest chairman. It's all smoke and mirrors and I only take notice of what happens on the pitch now and what actual business we do.

If we have another summer of bringing in players for the future, Ricky Miller types etc, then forget it.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 22 Apr 2017, 10:16

Chompy wrote:Great opening post.

Makes me chuckle when DMac retweets stuff about how blessed the fans are to have an open, honest chairman. It's all smoke and mirrors and I only take notice of what happens on the pitch now and what actual business we do.

If we have another summer of bringing in players for the future, Ricky Miller types etc, then forget it.

He's 28!

Too young?

I won't try and change your mind about the chairman as it is set and fair enough.
I have fall outs with him regularly but (and I have no evidence) I doubt many fans can email their clubs chairman with points without feeling the need to go on a public forum.
To that degree he is open but I too don't like his squabbling on twitter.
Nobody is perfect but nobody as owner would be worse.

ortonposh

Postby ortonposh » 22 Apr 2017, 10:31

What's his email address, I can't get him to comment on a simple question I've now asked twice and given he loves to be 'open and honest' I can't figure out why he doesn't answer me?

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 22 Apr 2017, 11:24

Wycliffe wrote:
Chompy wrote:Great opening post.

He's 28!

Too young?

I won't try and change your mind about the chairman as it is set and fair enough.
I have fall outs with him regularly but (and I have no evidence) I doubt many fans can email their clubs chairman with points without feeling the need to go on a public forum.
To that degree he is open but I too don't like his squabbling on twitter.
Nobody is perfect but nobody as owner would be worse.

You see the comma after 'players for the future'? Well it's there for a reason.

I'm ultimately a Darragh fan but I do think he's lost his way lately.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Apr 2017, 16:10

ortonposh wrote:What's his email address, I can't get him to comment on a simple question I've now asked twice and given he loves to be 'open and honest' I can't figure out why he doesn't answer me?

try looking on the offal website, I'm sure it is there somewhere, but if it doesn't get an answer on twitter I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 23 Apr 2017, 16:02

ortonposh wrote:What's his email address, I can't get him to comment on a simple question I've now asked twice and given he loves to be 'open and honest' I can't figure out why he doesn't answer me?

darragh@darraghmacanthony.com

ortonposh

Postby ortonposh » 24 Apr 2017, 11:12

thanks Wycliffe!

fat gibbo

Postby fat gibbo » 25 Apr 2017, 20:33

I keep reading that Ricky Miller is too old at 28. His scoring record is remarkable, especially as many of his goals were snapped up from half-chances. How long is it since we had a sharpshooter like that? At 28 he could offer us probably four or five productive seasons. Forget sell-ons, if Ricky can shoot us to promotion we will reap the financial rewards.

Return to “The Posh”