Posh v Oldham

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Chompy

Re: Posh v Oldham

Postby Chompy » 18 Mar 2017, 16:48

Oh no, what's happening?

We're losing at home?

Literally couldn't see this coming after our midweek revival, when we led twice and failed to beat a pub team. Guess that was just a false dawn then :(

Backers of Oldham-Oldham seem to be in a good position.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 18 Mar 2017, 17:53

Chompy wrote:Oh no, what's happening?

We're losing at home?

Literally couldn't see this coming after our midweek revival, when we led twice and failed to beat a pub team. Guess that was just a false dawn then :(

Backers of Oldham-Oldham seem to be in a good position.

Just woke up. I see we drew.
Good point that.
Being happy never goes out of style.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 18 Mar 2017, 18:11

Junior scores to claim a point for Posh.

Poshay

Postby Poshay » 18 Mar 2017, 19:08

DaveLister wrote:Junior scores to claim a point for Posh.

A header from the shortest man on the field.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 18 Mar 2017, 19:25

Poshay wrote:
DaveLister wrote:Junior scores to claim a point for Posh.

A header from the shortest man on the field.

The irony not lost on me. A man who is comparable to Erhun Oztumer in height performing like Joe Jordan.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 18 Mar 2017, 20:11

Champagne football it wasn't...A poor game between 2 poor sides it certainly was.

Oldham are the biggest side I've seen at our place in years. They're organised...defensive..negative...Physical...and Cynical all rolled into one and at times we unsurprisingly couldn't cope with it all. It's not hard to see how we rolled over at their gaff a few weeks ago.

Taylor showed good skills first half but with no end product ...Maddison came on for him second half and helped save the game and CMS ran around a lot without any reward. Smith was OK first half but faded second. Bar those and Morias for his goal...nobody else really worth a mention.

It's a good job we were decent enough before Christmas...because had we played like we have since for the majority of the season, we would be heading for league 2...No doubt about it.

We have good individuals but as a team we're nowhere near good enough and unless we have a good transfer window in the summer I fear next season could be a long one...Especially under McCann who appears as lost with it all as his players.
Last edited by superposh80 on 18 Mar 2017, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 18 Mar 2017, 21:36

Same **** different day. Nonsense substitutions from McCann yet again. 1-0 down at home so take off the only player likely to create anything albeit for Maddison who was very good in the 2nd half and should have come on for either the anonymous Inman or Forrester.

Then take off your top scorer for the painfully out of his depth Morias. One of the worst players I've seen at Posh and the club have a lot of balls to charge £399 for a Season Ticket to watch him next year!! Hope Taff missed the game through injury and wasn't dropped, after all calamity Baldwin can make mistake after mistake and keep his place.

I think we're starting to see why Anthony Grant has spent his entire career in Leagues 1 & 2.

I have the misfortune to have my ST seat in Block E of the Family Stand, a great view but it contains some of the most idiotic football fans I've ever encountered who were on top 'form' today.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 18 Mar 2017, 22:55

I took my laptop to bed and was quite cranky when I woke up sometime after 2:30am to find that I had missed most of the game.
Having read the comments on this and the other message board I'm now pleased that I didn't listen to Uncle Edwin (or whoever did the commentary on PoshPlayer).
I was surprised to see the (nearly) 40 year old goalkeeping coach named in the team. Apparently this was because McGee needed a rest. I'm hoping this wasn't a polite way of saying there had been another fallout behind the scenes.
Other than that it seems to me that it is "mathematically possible" that we could end up in the play offs or being relegated.
At the beginning of the season I thought we'd finish 13th. At the moment we are 12th and looking as though we are heading downwards.
The poor attendance of 4,222 included 332 Oldham fans. I don't know how many of the 3890 poshies were season ticket holders but obviously there couldn't have been too many others.
DMac really must be pulling his hair out.
I think that the people who are worrying about who the manager will be next season should start worrying about who the owner will be.
Being happy never goes out of style.

mikeyposh

Postby mikeyposh » 18 Mar 2017, 23:05

Comments very justified guys!

Just what are we watching ?

Struggled again and maybe we might just win again this season- don't hold your breath though!

Cannot fathom why Baldwin is in our team, and at least Grant added some aggression in the midfield that we have lacked!

Junior scores, would love to know his diet- he must be doing something right!

Seriously this team is a worry and the formation or lack of played each week

Hoping that a transformation of miraculous proportions is evident in the market during the close season!

But whatever we will still be there each week guys!! UTP

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 18 Mar 2017, 23:07

Normally on a bad day like today I get cheered up when England rugby win, that idea went out the window today too. I am convinced McCann hasn't got a clue what he is doing. I think I could manage those players better than he does.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 18 Mar 2017, 23:12

14 points from 15 games in 2017 should confirm to you that we are heading downwards Tony.

It's relegation form to go with our relegation standard performances

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 19 Mar 2017, 01:46

Again McCann gets an easy ride.

This group of players are capable of much better than they're showing.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 19 Mar 2017, 09:48

Fans happier to turn against Maddison and Nichols rather than the man who manages them.

The team don't appear to want to play for him...and anyone considering paying good money to see the last seven games should maybe think about that

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 19 Mar 2017, 10:31

superposh80 wrote:Fans happier to turn against Maddison and Nichols rather than the man who manages them.

The team don't appear to want to play for him...and anyone considering paying good money to see the last seven games should maybe think about that

Chompy wrote:Again McCann gets an easy ride.

This group of players are capable of much better than they're showing.

For a change I'm in total agreement with you, the Taylor issue is another problem, perhaps it is time for someone else to go, I know we can't aford to let him go but it seems despite all he has done for the club is now being ruined by his own ego.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 19 Mar 2017, 10:46

There's obviously going to be major changes on the payer front in the summer.

DMac has made comments on Twitter about no more young Prem players on loan, and obviously believes that adding older heads to his wonderful team has had a negative effect.

Next season's team will be based around a spine of Baldwin (captain), J.Anderson, Leo and Nichols. Probably supplemented by half a dozen young prospects from Macclesfield.

This will be perhaps the most important summer under DMac's ownership and I'm not hopeful tbh.

Maybe add Maddison to that mix. DMac's crush on his magic numbers shows no signs of letting up and, let's be honest, nobody in the leagues above really wants him. Do they?

Return to “The Posh”