Posh v Oldham

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

superposh80

Re: Posh v Oldham

Postby superposh80 » 19 Mar 2017, 11:19

massive summer...and next season.

if we start how we're finishing we'll be in serious trouble. it'll all be down to mccann and who he brings in...6/7 new players minimum imo.

as for maddison...i'd like him to stay but if i was him, i'd want out. he'll never be appreciated here by many of our so called fans who are happy to spend their afternoon shouting obscenities at him or anyone else that isn't called tyler or mackail-smith.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 19 Mar 2017, 11:28

superposh80 wrote:massive summer...and next season.

if we start how we're finishing we'll be in serious trouble. it'll all be down to mccann and who he brings in...6/7 new players minimum imo.

as for maddison...i'd like him to stay but if i was him, i'd want out. he'll never be appreciated here by many of our so called fans who are happy to spend their afternoon shouting obscenities at him or anyone else that isn't called tyler or mackail-smith.

I'm still not sure that McCann has enough say in who he can bring in.
As for fans shouting obscenities we have already agreed that they are idiots. Maddison and the others who receive such terrible treatment are professional footballers and really should be able to put up with it.
Being happy never goes out of style.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 19 Mar 2017, 11:54

They shouldn't have to put up with it. Not from their own fans.

We're all ultimately guessing as to how much of a say GM has. But the rumours about DMac interfering in team affairs refuse to go away, and no smoke without fire and all that.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 19 Mar 2017, 13:12

First thing I'd do in the summer is relieve Forrester of his duties as captain.

He's no leader ....He cannot motivate or inspire his team on the pitch. His form has dropped to a level where he's lucky to even be in the side.

Talking of Darragh's influence, it's ironic how we have an Irish manager and captain. ....

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 19 Mar 2017, 14:05

Quite.

I'm wondering more and more if the whole thing is just blarney.

Offers, offers, turned down blah blah.

My prediction is the only sale we'll make in the summer will be Taff, as he's the only one a Championship team would want.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 19 Mar 2017, 15:35

Yes that's what we reckon.

Ironically, he'd be my choice to replace Forrester as captain ahead of Grant.

As for the likes of Forrester and LDSL....Never in a million years are any club going to pay the sort of figures for them that Darragh claims they're worth.

stuie

Postby stuie » 20 Mar 2017, 16:30

superposh80 wrote:Champagne football it wasn't...A poor game between 2 poor sides it certainly was.

Oldham are the biggest side I've seen at our place in years. They're organised...defensive..negative...Physical...and Cynical all rolled into one and at times we unsurprisingly couldn't cope with it all. It's not hard to see how we rolled over at their gaff a few weeks ago.

Taylor showed good skills first half but with no end product ...Maddison came on for him second half and helped save the game and CMS ran around a lot without any reward. Smith was OK first half but faded second. Bar those and Morias for his goal...nobody else really worth a mention.

It's a good job we were decent enough before Christmas...because had we played like we have since for the majority of the season, we would be heading for league 2...No doubt about it.

We have good individuals but as a team we're nowhere near good enough and unless we have a good transfer window in the summer I fear next season could be a long one...Especially under McCann who appears as lost with it all as his players.

Just got back from a weekend away in Dorset, thanks for the report Super
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Return to “The Posh”