Chesterfield v Poshies

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 16972
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby tonyp » 14 Mar 2017, 22:25

If we could be awarded 1/10th of a goal for every near miss we'd be winning.
Or even 1/20th.
Being happy never goes out of style.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15289
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby DaveLister » 14 Mar 2017, 22:34

F-T, 3-3. That's two points dropped, but at least the moaners who tell us CMS is a waste of time have been shut up, even if only for a little while.
Image

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 16972
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby tonyp » 14 Mar 2017, 22:39

Anybody good enough at mathematics to say whether we could still make the play offs? :roll:
Being happy never goes out of style.

Ceenitall
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby Ceenitall » 14 Mar 2017, 22:54

tonyp wrote:Anybody good enough at mathematics to say whether we could still make the play offs? :roll:


I am a mathematician.....No.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25014
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby bristleposh » 14 Mar 2017, 23:12

Ceenitall wrote:
tonyp wrote:Anybody good enough at mathematics to say whether we could still make the play offs? :roll:


I am a mathematician.....No.

My maths are not very good these days, but I think there's more chance of us playing Chesterfield next season.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13676
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby stuie » 15 Mar 2017, 00:44

what a load of b@ll@cks, not the game but the opinions on here based on what
Nice evening out meeting the usual suspects,This was a game we could and should have won
two teams who can not defend. However the excitement and expectation was there

yet again, Paul Taylor man of the match for me, CMS did good.

If every game this season had been as exciting as this, most of us would be happy

I even think Brian enjoyed the game
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Ceenitall
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby Ceenitall » 15 Mar 2017, 00:56

If you play to keep the opposition out and try to grab a goal, if you do keep them out one goal will give you 3 points. That is too simple for Mc Cann, he is of the opinion that if you score more you win. Playing against a diamond at our level is easy peasy, wide open and he fails to see it.
Were the defence given a game plan at Chesterfield? Grant hasn't got one to give them. It's a blessing there are but a few games remaining or it would be Cambridge United next season.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13676
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby stuie » 15 Mar 2017, 00:59

Ceenitall wrote:If you play to keep the opposition out and try to grab a goal, if you do keep them out one goal will give you 3 points. That is too simple for Mc Cann, he is of the opinion that if you score more you win. Playing against a diamond at our level is easy peasy, wide open and he fails to see it.
Were the defence given a game plan at Chesterfield? Grant hasn't got one to give them. It's a blessing there are but a few games remaining or it would be Cambridge United next season.


it could well be Cambridge United next season
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15289
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby DaveLister » 15 Mar 2017, 01:18

stuie wrote:what a load of b@ll@cks, not the game but the opinions on here based on what
Nice evening out meeting the usual suspects,This was a game we could and should have won
two teams who can not defend. However the excitement and expectation was there

yet again, Paul Taylor man of the match for me, CMS did good.

If every game this season had been as exciting as this, most of us would be happy

I even think Brian enjoyed the game


I'll trust the opinion of someone who actually attended, rather than the stay at home fans who follow the game on the radio (Yes, I was one , but I'm not talking about how badly we played).

So, cheers for having something positive to say Stuie :)
Image

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15834
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby poshnipper » 15 Mar 2017, 01:43

I concede that we possibly probably may or may not likely won't make the play offs this season.
But I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the season. Win draw or lose.
Tonight? I enjoyed a great time. Travelling with my buddies, meeting with buddies and really enjoying the match albeit we should have won.

Taylor was my Man of the Match tonight.

We should start Inman on Saturday but probably won't.

Roll on Saturday :comeon: :comeon:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 3598
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby Chompy » 15 Mar 2017, 02:12

Yup, we just keep getting unlucky.

Been that way for months now.

We just need a change of luck.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8641
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby Brianposh » 15 Mar 2017, 08:39

The most enjoyable game since early Season football wise. CMS was a giant as was Taylor in the first half. They changed their set up second half and closed up the midfield for 20 minutes, but we then come on strong again in the last 15 minutes.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15289
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby DaveLister » 15 Mar 2017, 09:47

poshnipper wrote:I concede that we possibly probably may or may not likely won't make the play offs this season.
But I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the season. Win draw or lose.
Tonight? I enjoyed a great time. Travelling with my buddies, meeting with buddies and really enjoying the match albeit we should have won.

Taylor was my Man of the Match tonight.

We should start Inman on Saturday but probably won't.

Roll on Saturday :comeon: :comeon:


That's what I want to read. Positive Posh :clap:
Image

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 3598
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby Chompy » 15 Mar 2017, 10:21

DaveLister wrote:
stuie wrote:what a load of b@ll@cks, not the game but the opinions on here based on what
Nice evening out meeting the usual suspects,This was a game we could and should have won
two teams who can not defend. However the excitement and expectation was there

yet again, Paul Taylor man of the match for me, CMS did good.

If every game this season had been as exciting as this, most of us would be happy

I even think Brian enjoyed the game


I'll trust the opinion of someone who actually attended, rather than the stay at home fans who follow the game on the radio (Yes, I was one , but I'm not talking about how badly we played).

So, cheers for having something positive to say Stuie :)


Perhaps you could point out the message where anyone was talking about how badly we played?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25014
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: Chesterfield v Poshies

Postby bristleposh » 15 Mar 2017, 10:51

May have been me Chompy, who you've probably got on ignore so won't see this anyway. I said McCann doesn't know what he's doing, which given that he only used one substitute when he could use three, when he took off our leading scorer when the problem was clearly in defence and or midfield strikes me as folly. Could, possibly should have brought on Grant for Baldwin and moved Bostwick back into the back four.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests