Grant McCann

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13676
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Grant McCann

Postby stuie » 14 Mar 2017, 10:48

tonyp wrote:Furthermore of the 17 people who entered Poshay’s League Position predicting game for 2013/14, 7 said that Posh would finish top, 6 second, 3 playoffs (including Poshay who correctly predicted we would finish 6th) and one (whiteg) in a lowly 8th. (I don't remember that either. I looked it up.)


qed

I stand to be corrected but each season since that a majority of posters, including you good self, have predicted a lower finishing position for Posh, season on season
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 16972
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Grant McCann

Postby tonyp » 14 Mar 2017, 12:22

stuie wrote:
tonyp wrote:Furthermore of the 17 people who entered Poshay’s League Position predicting game for 2013/14, 7 said that Posh would finish top, 6 second, 3 playoffs (including Poshay who correctly predicted we would finish 6th) and one (whiteg) in a lowly 8th. (I don't remember that either. I looked it up.)


qed

I stand to be corrected but each season since that a majority of posters, including you good self, have predicted a lower finishing position for Posh, season on season

You could well be right, Stuie. But it really doesn't mean that we predicted that straight after the Palace game.
Interestingly enough though I think that for this season I was the one who predicted the lowest finish for the Posh (13th). I'm already worried about that being right.
Being happy never goes out of style.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8641
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Grant McCann

Postby Brianposh » 14 Mar 2017, 13:11

Blow the results, more importantly the standard of football and entertainment value has been rubbish 95% of the Season so far. :x
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13676
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Grant McCann

Postby stuie » 14 Mar 2017, 13:48

:comeon:
Brianposh wrote:Blow the results, more importantly the standard of football and entertainment value has been rubbish 95% of the Season so far. :x

yup, lets hope we are in for a nice surprise tonight
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

john316z
Posts: 1255
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann

Postby john316z » 14 Mar 2017, 18:56

tonyp wrote:Interestingly enough though I think that for this season I was the one who predicted the lowest finish for the Posh (13th). I'm already worried about that being right.

That may be optimistic Tony :shock:

Ileyout
Posts: 68
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 14:58

Re: Grant McCann

Postby Ileyout » 14 Mar 2017, 23:16

I see that Donny Rovers are 6 points clear in League 2, they must have a damn good manager. I reckon they will get promoted next season as well.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15289
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Grant McCann

Postby DaveLister » 15 Mar 2017, 01:14

Ileyout wrote:I see that Donny Rovers are 6 points clear in League 2, they must have a damn good manager. I reckon they will get promoted next season as well.

Fergie proved with us that he's a good league one and two manager. I'll remind you that he got us relegated twice from the championship and had a lot to do with Preston going down too. He's yesterdays man, that's all.
Image

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8641
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Grant McCann

Postby Brianposh » 15 Mar 2017, 08:30

Much better, especially the first half and the last 15 minutes. CMS was a revelation and Forrester actually at times looked again like a footballer. We had a game total of 21 shots, albeit only 7 on target but we did enjoy some exciting football at times. May it continue. Disappointing Posh fan following, but good to see you stuie once again. Apart from the first 20 minutes of the second half a very enjoyable evening and here is hoping better things to come in our last 8 games.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ileyout
Posts: 68
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 14:58

Re: Grant McCann

Postby Ileyout » 15 Mar 2017, 09:38

DaveLister wrote:
Ileyout wrote:I see that Donny Rovers are 6 points clear in League 2, they must have a damn good manager. I reckon they will get promoted next season as well.

Fergie proved with us that he's a good league one and two manager. I'll remind you that he got us relegated twice from the championship and had a lot to do with Preston going down too. He's yesterdays man, that's all.


It is harsh to say he got us relegated in that last season in the Championship. The objective for that season was to stay up and the target was to achieve 50 points plus. To fail in an objective by meeting a target is very hard and takes time to recover from. Relegation that season was a bitter blow to all us but Fergie felt it more than anyone and we should have stood by him. It was obvious it was going to take a couple of seasons to get his mojo back but after that we would have been moving forwards again. As it is, 3 seasons have gone by and we are still going backwards. I would very much welcome his return.

superposh80
Posts: 4304
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Grant McCann

Postby superposh80 » 15 Mar 2017, 11:05

You serious?

Ferguson wanted to quit straight after the Palace game...It was Darragh that talked him out of it and convinced him to stay.

He should have let him go. His time was done at Posh and he spent the next two seasons slowly taking us backwards.

He's the last person we should be 'Welcoming back'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 16972
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Grant McCann

Postby tonyp » 15 Mar 2017, 11:46

If Fergie is any good he'll take Doncaster to the Championship.
Regardless of that, I doubt if he would ever come back to Posh.
Being happy never goes out of style.

Ileyout
Posts: 68
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 14:58

Re: Grant McCann

Postby Ileyout » 15 Mar 2017, 12:39

superposh80 wrote:You serious?

Ferguson wanted to quit straight after the Palace game...It was Darragh that talked him out of it and convinced him to stay.

He should have let him go. His time was done at Posh and he spent the next two seasons slowly taking us backwards.

He's the last person we should be 'Welcoming back'


Very serious, even in the season after the gut wrenching experience at Palace, we still got a Wembley win and Mickey Mouse or otherwise, it is the most significant piece of silverware we have ever won. Furthermore that season went all the way to the playoff's rather than fizzling out by mid Feb.

superposh80
Posts: 4304
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Grant McCann

Postby superposh80 » 15 Mar 2017, 12:43

yeah....because of one player.

regardless of how we did that season, we were in decline.

had ferguson stayed much past the mk game the following season...we would have been close to the drop.

move on from him.

john316z
Posts: 1255
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann

Postby john316z » 15 Mar 2017, 20:28

Ileyout wrote:
DaveLister wrote:
Ileyout wrote:I see that Donny Rovers are 6 points clear in League 2, they must have a damn good manager. I reckon they will get promoted next season as well.

Fergie proved with us that he's a good league one and two manager. I'll remind you that he got us relegated twice from the championship and had a lot to do with Preston going down too. He's yesterdays man, that's all.


It is harsh to say he got us relegated in that last season in the Championship. The objective for that season was to stay up and the target was to achieve 50 points plus. To fail in an objective by meeting a target is very hard and takes time to recover from. Relegation that season was a bitter blow to all us but Fergie felt it more than anyone and we should have stood by him. It was obvious it was going to take a couple of seasons to get his mojo back but after that we would have been moving forwards again. As it is, 3 seasons have gone by and we are still going backwards. I would very much welcome his return.

he still managed a relegated team. that much cannot be disputed. His job was to keep us up, yes it was abnormal to get 54 points and get relegated but he had to get more points than 3 other teams. In that he failed. Moving on the last 3 seasons has shown us that our flirtation with the Championship was us punching way above our weight.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13676
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Grant McCann

Postby stuie » 15 Mar 2017, 20:39

Brianposh wrote:Much better, especially the first half and the last 15 minutes. CMS was a revelation and Forrester actually at times looked again like a footballer. We had a game total of 21 shots, albeit only 7 on target but we did enjoy some exciting football at times. May it continue. Disappointing Posh fan following, but good to see you stuie once again. Apart from the first 20 minutes of the second half a very enjoyable evening and here is hoping better things to come in our last 8 games.


good to see you too Buddy, enjoyable evening all round, most entertaining game I have been to this season, and possibly last
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests