Re: Poshies v Oxford

Postby Narrowboat Dave » 11 Mar 2017, 17:47

And Leo is sent off.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 11 Mar 2017, 17:48

tonyp wrote:
Chompy wrote:Someone had to start it!

We now have ten cup finals left. Eleven wins should see us reach the top six.

The striker with no confidence has left on loan to a non-league giant, leaving the one with no confidence, the one straining for his 100th goal and playing with no confidence, and Junior.

We haven't beaten 11 men since 2009.

Oxford-Oxford HT-FT at a touch over 3-1 looks the bet to me.

Crowd of 4,000 odd, most of whom will be there out of a weird sense of duty rather than anything else, and who won't really be bothered. Flat atmosphere, early goal for the away side, and we'll all be home in time for the A-Team.

In my opinion (and not to be taken too seriously)-
Stuie might post a :stupid:
Nipper might tell us that it's still mathematically possible for us to make the play offs.
Super will definitely agree with you and might add a few negative points of his own.
Bristle will probably say something like "Yes but"
Ashman and Brian will ignore it, so might DaveLister and everybody else.
As for me, I agree that if we win our remaining games we should make the top six.
I agree about the strikers. I've been saying we need a striker for yonks.
I agree that the crowd will be between 4000 and 5000. But I believe that the poshies among them will be fans who follow through thick and thin and most of them will be cheering the Posh on to a win.
I think that if you back Oxford-Oxford HT-FT at a touch over 3-1 you will do your dough.
Attachments
crows.jpg
crows.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 445 times

Narrowboat Dave

Postby Narrowboat Dave » 11 Mar 2017, 17:52

2-1 and Craig has his century.

Well done, Craig. True legend.

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 11 Mar 2017, 18:24

Narrowboat Dave wrote:2-0 down.

Will GMc be here next season?

Ought not to be.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 11 Mar 2017, 21:08

PoshCynic wrote:

Ought not to be.

Nothing to do with you :roll:

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 11 Mar 2017, 21:16

We were decent for the first 20 minutes...Then they scored and we fell apart.

We had our moments in the second half but they looked far more dangerous and overall a much better side and deserved winners.

Taylor our best player by a country mile...Bostwick and CMS can hold their heads up but the rest were well off the pace.

As a team we lack leadership and confidence. Forrester was woeful all afternoon...He's no captain that's for sure...LDSL was nothing short of embarrassing.

Felt a bit for Nichols...He was pulled after missing a CMS cross probably to avoid getting stick from the crowd

Hughes at left back is poor...but I felt sorry for Harry Anderson, totally out of his depth at right back and a crazy decision by McCann to put him in that situation. Bostwick to right back and Anthony Grant in front of the back four was surely the way to go...although we'd of still lost.

I'll be surprised if we finish in the top half...We are a team in regression and we look more like a relegation outfit than anything else.

stuie

Postby stuie » 11 Mar 2017, 21:17

Wycliffe wrote:

missed the commentary today, any true fans want to post there thoughts, good or bad
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 11 Mar 2017, 21:49

stuie wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

missed the commentary today, any true fans want to post there thoughts, good or bad

Posh awful first half apart from creating a good chance for Leo, and Taylor being the best player in a blue shirt. Terrible defending on a corner for the goal.

Second half and McGee produced a fine save to keep us in it before Forrester brought the best from Eastwood in the Oxford goal. Eastwood matched that with blocks to thwart CMS twice and Bostwick and Nicholls also missed good chances, before Eastwood made a fine low stop from Taylor.

They made it 2-0 after Posh fell asleep at a throw in before Leo was sent off for a second booking, but CMS scored from an impossible angle, but replays may show he was trying to cross for Junior.

On our second 45 minutes we deserved a point, but we could easily have been 3-0 down at half time, so we've got little compliant really.

stuie

Postby stuie » 11 Mar 2017, 21:53

superposh80 wrote:We were decent for the first 20 minutes...Then they scored and we fell apart.

We had our moments in the second half but they looked far more dangerous and overall a much better side and deserved winners.

Taylor our best player by a country mile...Bostwick and CMS can hold their heads up but the rest were well off the pace.

As a team we lack leadership and confidence. Forrester was woeful all afternoon...He's no captain that's for sure...LDSL was nothing short of embarrassing.

Felt a bit for Nichols...He was pulled after missing a CMS cross probably to avoid getting stick from the crowd

Hughes at left back is poor...but I felt sorry for Harry Anderson, totally out of his depth at right back and a crazy decision by McCann to put him in that situation. Bostwick to right back and Anthony Grant in front of the back four was surely the way to go...although we'd of still lost.

I'll be surprised if we finish in the top half...We are a team in regression and we look more like a relegation outfit than anything else.

thanks fotr your honest report Buddy

stuie

Postby stuie » 11 Mar 2017, 21:54

DaveLister wrote:
stuie wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

Posh awful first half apart from creating a good chance for Leo, and Taylor being the best player in a blue shirt. Terrible defending on a corner for the goal.

Second half and McGee produced a fine save to keep us in it before Forrester brought the best from Eastwood in the Oxford goal. Eastwood matched that with blocks to thwart CMS twice and Bostwick and Nicholls also missed good chances, before Eastwood made a fine low stop from Taylor.

They made it 2-0 after Posh fell asleep at a throw in before Leo was sent off for a second booking, but CMS scored from an impossible angle, but replays may show he was trying to cross for Junior.

On our second 45 minutes we deserved a point, but we could easily have been 3-0 down at half time, so we've got little compliant really.

again, thanks for an honest report

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 11 Mar 2017, 22:29

superposh80 wrote:We were decent for the first 20 minutes...Then they scored and we fell apart.

That's much the same as Uncle Edwin and his offsider saw it.
But they might have said "we'd have still lost".
Being happy never goes out of style.

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 11 Mar 2017, 22:34

Wycliffe wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:

Ought not to be.

If there was a symbol for a raspberry, I'd use it in reply to your posting. :lol: :wink:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 12 Mar 2017, 00:20

Cross or shot, doesn't matter. Was so pleased for CMS getting his 100th goal. And a big HaHa to those who couldn't be bothered to stay and missed it.

Apart from a few highlights, was happy to see the end of the other 90'. Very disappointing.

Though it's good to see us all agreeing ..... Paul Taylor, Man of the Match by a mile.
:comeon: :comeon:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 12 Mar 2017, 00:56

Chompy wrote:As well as Oxford-Oxford HT-FT, I'm backing away goals, 4+ 5+ and 6+.

Deep down you know I'll be posting the crow picture on Saturday evening, so get on now! Ease the pain.

ImageImage
Being happy never goes out of style.

Poshay

Postby Poshay » 12 Mar 2017, 08:46

poshnipper wrote:Cross or shot, doesn't matter. Was so pleased for CMS getting his 100th goal. And a big HaHa to those who couldn't be bothered to stay and missed it.

Apart from a few highlights, was happy to see the end of the other 90'. Very disappointing.

Though it's good to see us all agreeing ..... Paul Taylor, Man of the Match by a mile.
:comeon: :comeon:

A very disappointing 90 indeed , the depths to which Posh have sunk being epitomised when Morias waddled onto the pitch.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

Return to “The Posh”