Poshies v Oxford

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Brianposh

Re: Poshies v Oxford

Postby Brianposh » 07 Mar 2017, 19:27

superposh80 wrote:It won't be Brian...

These loans deals last until the end of the season...So we would still be paying his wages until then.

As we are Dominic Ball

I know that ......of course.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ceenitall

Postby Ceenitall » 08 Mar 2017, 20:42

Ball....Another managerial foul up, after Ball's performances why was Baldwin elbowed in? The ball situation was brought about by abysmal managing.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 09 Mar 2017, 02:17

As well as Oxford-Oxford HT-FT, I'm backing away goals, 4+ 5+ and 6+.

Deep down you know I'll be posting the crow picture on Saturday evening, so get on now! Ease the pain.

john316z

Postby john316z » 09 Mar 2017, 09:46

Ceenitall wrote:Ball....Another managerial foul up, after Ball's performances why was Baldwin elbowed in? The ball situation was brought about by abysmal managing.

I suspect in part that this will be down to Baldwin being fit although hard on Ball that he was doing okay and Baldwin certainly hasn't been getting many MoM awards! Always a problem with loan players and I suspect Darragh is still trying to get Baldwin in the shop window. Although who would want him for Darragh's mega bucks is beyond me

Ceenitall

Postby Ceenitall » 09 Mar 2017, 11:11

john316z wrote:
Ceenitall wrote:Ball....Another managerial foul up, after Ball's performances why was Baldwin elbowed in? The ball situation was brought about by abysmal managing.

I suspect in part that this will be down to Baldwin being fit although hard on Ball that he was doing okay and Baldwin certainly hasn't been getting many MoM awards! Always a problem with loan players and I suspect Darragh is still trying to get Baldwin in the shop window. Although who would want him for Darragh's mega bucks is beyond me

So there we have it, supporters who hope to see football are in truth observing big business and, are coming to terms with this if gates are anything to go by.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 09 Mar 2017, 20:49

Grant has spoken...

Need a siege mentality. It's all about us. Lads have been bubbly in training this week.

But do they really want to play for him? We'll find in the coming weeks, now the pressure is off and contracts are close to being up for renewal.

john316z

Postby john316z » 09 Mar 2017, 23:16

Chompy wrote:Grant has spoken...

Need a siege mentality. It's all about us. Lads have been bubbly in training this week.

But do they really want to play for him? We'll find in the coming weeks, now the pressure is off and contracts are close to being up for renewal.

Awesome.... Another manager who is managing champions in training. Just what we need....

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 10 Mar 2017, 01:13

Chompy wrote:Grant has spoken...

The pressure might be off the players but I don't think it will be off McCann.
DMac and poshnipper* almost certainly think we can still get into the play-offs.
And a different kind of pressure will remain on McCann from some members of this message board.

*and me :wink:
Being happy never goes out of style.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 10 Mar 2017, 06:44

"Siege Mentality"....Lol.

Grant has clearly spent too much time working with Dangerous and Westley...No doubt this will bite us in the arse like " Fortress Abax" has.

McCann is almost like the last man standing...Whilst everyone else has packed up and gone home for the season...and 3 or 4 of ours hoping they'll be somewhere else come August

Come on lads....Only 10 erm Maunsel cup finals to go.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Mar 2017, 08:20

superposh80 wrote:"Siege Mentality"....Lol.

Grant has clearly spent too much time working with Dangerous and Westley...No doubt this will bite us in the arse like " Fortress Abax" has.

McCann is almost like the last man standing...Whilst everyone else has packed up and gone home for the season...and 3 or 4 of ours hoping they'll be somewhere else come August

I am confused somewhat.
Should Grant just give up like most of the fans?
Should he just say that things haven't gone as he wished and name the players he feels have let him down?
Should he advise supporters that there is barely a reason to come to the matches?

Quitters quit, he ain't one and whilst he and the club have made mistakes some of which seemed obvious much earlier in the season none of them were done just to piss us off even if that was the effect :lol:

john316z

Postby john316z » 10 Mar 2017, 08:59

Wycliffe wrote:
superposh80 wrote:"Siege Mentality"....Lol.

I am confused somewhat.
Should Grant just give up like most of the fans?
Should he just say that things haven't gone as he wished and name the players he feels have let him down?
Should he advise supporters that there is barely a reason to come to the matches?

Quitters quit, he ain't one and whilst he and the club have made mistakes some of which seemed obvious much earlier in the season none of them were done just to piss us off even if that was the effect :lol:

No we shouldn't quit but it does seem that he's dealing with the mistakes he has made. That's all part of the learning process, assuming they were his mistakes and not those of others higher up the food chain. Hopefully he'll learn from it and not be conned by his bosses to build his team around lower league punts assuming he gets that chance. My view those lower league punts are bigger punts now since our financial power is less than it was before

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 10 Mar 2017, 10:28

Joking...and Sarcasm...aside, he's saying the right things because he's got to and there's season tickets to sell.

He's made mistakes but so have the players and the reason we'll finish around mid table is that we just haven't been good enough...Especially at home.

Next season is a big season for McCann though...and let's hope the chairman doesn't come up with an "I'll quit if we don't get promoted" Twitter quote. There's enough pressure here as it is and that comment seems to have hung over us like a cloud this season

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 10 Mar 2017, 10:36

Mistakes aside, the season has not been helped by long term injuries to Anderson, Inman, Baldwin and Angol, had they have all been available and unaffected by injury I think we'd have had a good enough team.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 10 Mar 2017, 11:30

Does anyone out there still have faith in McCann?

stuie

Postby stuie » 10 Mar 2017, 12:37

Chompy wrote:Does anyone out there still have faith in McCann?

faith is the wrong word, I believe I am on record saying we should have gone for an experienced Manager, prior to Grants appointment

I am happy (not quite the right word) for him to have a crack at managing Posh next season
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Return to “The Posh”