Message to Maddison

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

DoubleRay

Message to Maddison

Postby DoubleRay » 03 Mar 2017, 12:52

You can be great player. If you want a big money move at the end of the season, you need to get yourself noticed. The only way to do this is to score loads of goals from now on till the end of the season.. Do yourself and the club a favour and start hitting the target ! Be more selfish and stop putting in crosses for the midget forwards who can't score for toffee and grab the goals for yourself. Now come on, you can do it !

superposh80

Re: Message to Maddison

Postby superposh80 » 03 Mar 2017, 14:35

He's already got himself noticed...Other clubs are more than aware of what he is capable of.

His goals and assists alone have been the main reason why we've been competitive in this league for the past couple of years.

He's arrived...It's now time for the likes of Forrester and LDSL to come to the party.

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 03 Mar 2017, 14:53

His form has dipped though especially in the last couple of months or so.. He needs to up his game and if he his to keep taking corners that certainly needs to improve too. I want him to be the selfish and cocky sod he used to be because that's when he scored goals. It's like it's been drummed out of him by the coaches and the moany sections of crowd.

stuie

Postby stuie » 03 Mar 2017, 17:26

DoubleRay wrote:His form has dipped though especially in the last couple of months or so.. He needs to up his game and if he his to keep taking corners that certainly needs to improve too. I want him to be the selfish and cocky sod he used to be because that's when he scored goals. It's like it's been drummed out of him by the coaches and the moany sections of crowd.

I do think since CMS has come back, he passes to CMS too much, I guess in the hope CMS to get his 100th.

he just needs to mix it up a bit more, regards corners, it is so frustrating when the corner does not even make it past the first defender

anyhow, come on Posh, come on Marcus
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:17

DoubleRay wrote:His form has dipped though especially in the last couple of months or so.. It's like it's been drummed out of him by the coaches and the moany sections of crowd.

100% agree he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I saw the look on his face when he got booed when he was announced as Man of the Match against Southend.

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:34

HantsPosh wrote:
DoubleRay wrote:His form has dipped though especially in the last couple of months or so.. It's like it's been drummed out of him by the coaches and the moany sections of crowd.

100% agree he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I saw the look on his face when he got booed when he was announced as Man of the Match against Southend.

At times I feel quite ashamed and disappointed with some of our own fans. It is good and correct to have your own opinions, strong or otherwise, but there is a limit. Especially so for the best, most exciting player we have by a long way on the books.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:36

For such a wonderfully talented player, he lets himself down with his propensity to fall down if another player comes with it fifteen feet of him. Occasionally beating the first player from a corner might endear him to a few in the crowd. If he leaves which I would guess he probably wants to, a team at the bottom of the Championship or the top end of league one should be the height of his ambition, or Scotland.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

john316z

Postby john316z » 03 Mar 2017, 18:55

bristleposh wrote:For such a wonderfully talented player, he lets himself down with his propensity to fall down if another player comes with it fifteen feet of him. Occasionally beating the first player from a corner might endear him to a few in the crowd. If he leaves which I would guess he probably wants to, a team at the bottom of the Championship or the top end of league one should be the height of his ambition, or Scotland.

Some truth in there but your usual OTT comments. He's an exciting player on his day and one of our best under achievers. He has carried the team at times, possibly due to how inept some of players seem, but he'll be gone soon. He's definitely our marmite player though

john316z

Postby john316z » 03 Mar 2017, 18:55

Brianposh wrote:
HantsPosh wrote:

At times I feel quite ashamed and disappointed with some of our own fans. It is good and correct to have your own opinions, strong or otherwise, but there is a limit. Especially so for the best, most exciting player we have by a long way on the books.

Quite so Brian.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 03 Mar 2017, 19:05

For those of us who were at LR last Saturday and also at Millwall on Tuesday the enigma that is MM was on show for all.

V Rochdale he was a team player, he tracked back, he attacked superbly, he passed, he shot, he even beat the first man on his corners :|

On Tuesday he played like a 5 year old cry baby, barely beat an opposition player, gave the ball away way cheaply, had the crowd in his head after 5 minutes and was frankly pathetic in the true meaning of the word.
He did not beat the first man once from his corners, his free kicks were good yet when the ball was equally stationary he was too inept to take a decent corner.

The two examples, especially the second one show why Marcus is still at our club.
Nobody doubts his talent but any player who only shows that talent when he feels like it is barely worth sticking with.
There is no other club banging on the door to sign him, he is deluded if he thinks any decent club will any time soon as are those who fail to see any of his shortcomings most of whom seem to frequent this site.

I defy anyone to come on here and defend him when he plays like he did at Millwall and there is no need when he plays like last Saturday as his performance then speaks volumes.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 03 Apr 2017, 09:58

Funny how he seems to have found his form again with a transfer window on the horizon.

Much as I like him for his talent, I couldn't have him ever being involved in a promotion campaign with us and hope he gets his move in the summer.

It would be best all round if he does. Otherwise, we'll have the same again next season; good until January, then good from spring onwards. Meh in between.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 03 Apr 2017, 12:17

According to the Peterborough Telegraph Maddison is motivated by the criticism he gets.

And according to Sportinastorm Grant McCann hails Marcus Maddison as best player in League One
Being happy never goes out of style.

john316z

Postby john316z » 03 Apr 2017, 12:30

Chompy wrote:Funny how he seems to have found his form again with a transfer window on the horizon.

Much as I like him for his talent, I couldn't have him ever being involved in a promotion campaign with us and hope he gets his move in the summer.

It would be best all round if he does. Otherwise, we'll have the same again next season; good until January, then good from spring onwards. Meh in between.

The same could be said of Forrester. This is a modern day problem and one that I'd expect any manager should be able to get the best out of an individual despite the personal high and lows of the transfer window.

john316z

Postby john316z » 03 Apr 2017, 12:31

tonyp wrote:According to the Peterborough Telegraph Maddison is motivated by the criticism he gets.

And according to Sportinastorm Grant McCann hails Marcus Maddison as best player in League One

Sounds like he's high up the list for shipping out this summer, hence the early touting of his skills... I suspect similar comments will appear for Forrester, taf and Leo over coming weeks....

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 03 Apr 2017, 15:19

john316z wrote:
Chompy wrote:Funny how he seems to have found his form again with a transfer window on the horizon.

The same could be said of Forrester. This is a modern day problem and one that I'd expect any manager should be able to get the best out of an individual despite the personal high and lows of the transfer window.

Spot on John.

Our "Captain" has been acting and performing like an 8 year old since the Chelsea game.

Our policy of signings young hungry players is backfiring on us these days, when many of them are attempting to use the club as a stepping stone to better things....The January transfer window has been a disaster for us the past 3 seasons.

Return to “The Posh”