Lee Angol loan?

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tonyp

Lee Angol loan?

Postby tonyp » 03 Mar 2017, 00:51

BBC Cambs talking to Grant McCann about Angol.
Could he be loaned out to a conference club?
Being happy never goes out of style.

Chompy

Re: Lee Angol loan?

Postby Chompy » 03 Mar 2017, 03:17

Body language never been great and seems to be going backwards. Ship him out and see what happens but surprised if he's still here next season.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 03 Mar 2017, 10:25

He's slow and lightweight...Doesn't have the physical attributes needed at this level...Yet...and epitomises the Men against Boys scenario that we find ourselves in many times during the season.

He...along with CMS...may well be sacrificed for the two strikers we badly need in the summer

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:14

Angol is a bit lightweight yes but I wouldn't say he's slow. He needs game time after his injury. I thought he did a good job last season under meddles. I'd get rid of plenty more before him. Nabi, Chettle, Morias & Binnom-Williams to name a few.

CMS is only on loan anyway so no sacrifice needed just don't renew the loan.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 03 Mar 2017, 18:58

CMS is on loan yes...but I wouldn't put it past the heirachy wanting him on a permanent. Hopefully it won't happen...This current trip down memory lane isn't working and isn't a long term option.

Can we afford to carry 2 inexperienced strikers in Angol and Morias? No imo...We need to go out and get a couple of forwards ready to hit the ground running next season.

john316z

Postby john316z » 03 Mar 2017, 22:55

superposh80 wrote:CMS is on loan yes...but I wouldn't put it past the heirachy wanting him on a permanent. Hopefully it won't happen...This current trip down memory lane isn't working and isn't a long term option.

Can we afford to carry 2 inexperienced strikers in Angol and Morias? No imo...We need to go out and get a couple of forwards ready to hit the ground running next season.

Even when CMS scoredo regularly he often needed a hateful of chances to score.... nowadays we create too few chances for his old ratio. So maybe a difficult one to compare. He had the likes of Boyd, to link and McCAnn creating chances. Nowadays he has Maddison and... well nobody else!

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 04 Mar 2017, 07:56

From what I've read on here and on the other message board I'd say that none of Angol, CMS or Samuelsen will be here or will be missed next season.
Samuelsen may as well not be here. And if CMS ever gets his 100th goal he may as well go as well.
Being happy never goes out of style.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 04 Mar 2017, 08:35

tonyp wrote:From what I've read on here and on the other message board I'd say that none of Angol, CMS or Samuelsen will be here or will be missed next season.
Samuelsen may as well not be here. And if CMS ever gets his 100th goal he may as well go as well.

CMS has contributed more energy wise than Lee has in 50 appearances.
Samuelson unfortunately was a good move until it happened and despite showing the odd flash of his undoubted skills he's not turned up.
Angol is i am afraid not a has been but will be imo a never was.
Seen the odd glimpse and there was perhaps some potential but he is recative, never proactive, couldn't head a list and frankly doesn't seem to give a monkeys.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 04 Mar 2017, 08:35

Wycliffe wrote:
tonyp wrote:From what I've read on here and on the other message board I'd say that none of Angol, CMS or Samuelsen will be here or will be missed next season.

CMS has contributed more energy wise than Lee has in 50 appearances.
Samuelson unfortunately was a good move until it happened and despite showing the odd flash of his undoubted skills he's not turned up.
Angol is i am afraid not a has been but will be imo a never was.
Seen the odd glimpse and there was perhaps some potential but he is recative, never proactive, couldn't head a list and frankly doesn't seem to give a monkeys.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 05 Mar 2017, 10:04

angol off to lincoln for the rest of the season...

the begining of the end for him possibly.

if he can't get a game up front for this team...there's not much hope for him really.

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 05 Mar 2017, 12:37

So much for the Angol/ Morias reconnection because like the Nichols/ CMS combination is productive isn't it. Perhaps it's time to give the yoof another go.
What happened to Deon Moore anyway? Now we are playing just for pride it wouldn't hurt to use him now.

john316z

Postby john316z » 05 Mar 2017, 12:42

At what point does the club need to rethink it's transfer policy? Yes our policy WAS successful but no longer it would seem to me. Yes we've hit the jackpot before, Gayle and Brittany, spring to mind but neither were big gambles and when Darraghs pockets were deeper. The policy of buying young and hungry, selling big seems pointless if all it dies is keeps you in the middle of L1. I know we can't keep up with some of the bigger clubs in L1 but there must be enough more experienced platers around that fit our wage structure with a blend of youth and experience. Or am I expecting too much and we're now at our level?

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 05 Mar 2017, 13:10

Finishing between 6th and mid table for the past 3 seasons would suggest we have found our level...Some may say that's a good return for a club with 5k gates.

The transfer policy needs tweaking...Yes we need strikers but we also need more team players and less individuals.

As for this season...It was dead in the water when we failed to bring in a good forward in January.

If it was ever really alive anyway.

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 05 Mar 2017, 13:25

New players for next Season will depend mainly on capital received in from the gate and the New Season Ticket sales. I am not expecting large amounts of cash to exchange hands.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

john316z

Postby john316z » 05 Mar 2017, 13:32

superposh80 wrote:Finishing between 6th and mid table for the past 3 seasons would suggest we have found our level...Some may say that's a good return for a club with 5k gates.

The transfer policy needs tweaking...Yes we need strikers but we also need more team players and less individuals.

As for this season...It was dead in the water when we failed to bring in a good forward in January.

If it was ever really alive anyway.

It's more the fact that clubs with lower gates than us are doing better (Scunthorpe and Fleetwood to name 2, possibly Rochdale) so it can be done. I mentioned forwards as they are the most obvious ones but overall we seem to have plateaud, which isn't a problem but for me it feels like we are underachieving. That is no doubt to do with our recent history

Return to “The Posh”