Season tickets

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tonyp

Season tickets

Postby tonyp » 01 Mar 2017, 22:39

According to the Posh twitter
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23PUFC&src=tyah
there is an announcement to be made tomorrow (Thursday 2nd March) at 6am.
"a joint collaboration between the PT and PUFC."
Why 6am? At least it is 4pm here so I'll be logging on.
General consensus seems to be that it's related to season tickets.
But being at 6am seems a bit odd.
Last edited by tonyp on 02 Mar 2017, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Being happy never goes out of style.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Re: For early risers

Postby poshnipper » 02 Mar 2017, 06:50

....... waiting
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 02 Mar 2017, 08:52

poshnipper wrote:....... waiting

Looks like it was season ticket news then.
PUBLISHED 05:30 2nd March 2017

Chairman Darragh MacAnthony has reduced the price of an adult season ticket for the 2017-2018 campaign.
Read more at http://www.theposh.com/news/article/201 ... riw5xkI.99

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 02 Mar 2017, 13:13

Posh must have the most complicated price structure of ticketing known to man. On top of all the structures that are age and early bird prices Posh are now introducing 3 prices for match day entry depending on when and what day you buy them and who you are etc.

john316z

Postby john316z » 02 Mar 2017, 13:57

Up to £28 to watch L1 football... We must have one of the most expensive tickets in L1 surely?

tonyp

Re: Season tickets

Postby tonyp » 02 Mar 2017, 22:53

On the other message board someone posted
I'd have liked to see more benefits added to the Season Ticket, even its all home friendlies FOC and the first game of the JPT/CheckaTrade/LDV Trophy.

Someone else replied with
Free friendlies is an excellent idea...a seat not covered in pigeon sh!t would also be a bonus

:lol: Well I thought it was funny anyway.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 03 Mar 2017, 10:57

What were the figures for over 60s for 2016/17 season in all parts of the ground.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

pleasureboy60

Postby pleasureboy60 » 03 Mar 2017, 14:07

I see our wonderful chairman has hit the pockets of the supporters who make up the biggest share of his loyal, but diminishing support.
Typical business man putting money before the loyalty of senior supporters.
Says it all about this club!
Here's one lifelong fan who wont be renewing.
I can think of much worthier causes to spend a hard earned £300 on.

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:27

This season it was actually cheaper to buy a 20 game Flexi Posh ticket then buy for each game than it was to buy ST so nice to see they've scrapped that.

Not sure we need Cat A & B though as Northampton aside what games really stand out as Cat A in League One?

Wonder how this will work with away fans as if they share a stand with home fans the league states that they must be given the same ticket pricing. Easiest solution I guess is to just give them the MotorPoint Stand and stop putting them in the Main Stand

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:39

HantsPosh wrote:This season it was actually cheaper to buy a 20 game Flexi Posh ticket then buy for each game than it was to buy ST so nice to see they've scrapped that.

Not sure we need Cat A & B though as Northampton aside what games really stand out as Cat A in League One?

Portsmouth and Plymouth could be coming up Millwall might not go up.
the one eyed man is King

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 03 Mar 2017, 18:56

Seems only one of the supporters group is actually going to get off their plump derrières and question the club I will share an email received from Bob after PISA sent an email with a substantial attachment which gave a massive cross section of views from PISA members about the new season ticket policy.

The reply from Bob shows that the idea is to level out the prices and benefits all over the stadium where hitherto there were numerous differences.
We are not saying they are right or not but we all i am sure appreciate the CEO of the club explaining the rationale behind the decision(s) made.

Hi Adi

Thank you for the email and the attached information and comments, the feed-back is much appreciated.

The over-riding strategy behind the 2017/18 Season Ticket pricing structure was to resolve the financial imbalance that has existed for some time between the various Stands and Categories.

Because we were not looking to raise the total revenue taken from ST sales, it was decided that we had the opportunity to address the aged percentage differences that existed throughout the current structure to make them fairer across the board for all supporters.

Inevitably, subject to these changes, a number of season ticket holders would be disappointed and we understand this, but the changes were instigated for the overall benefit of the total fan base.

I hope this goes someway to explaining the rationale behind the new pricing and gives a clearer picture.

Regards

Bob
Last edited by Wycliffe on 17 Mar 2017, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 03 Mar 2017, 19:48

Thank you for your input Adi, Still nobody has told me how much a season ticket was at this time last year, to listen to some of the old farts on Facebook it sounds like each is being asked to have a limb removed this season in order to attend matches. no doubt it's gone up but by how much?
the one eyed man is King

stuie

Postby stuie » 03 Mar 2017, 20:29

Wycliffe wrote:Seems only one of the supporters group is actually going to get of their plump derrières and question the club I will share an email received from Bob after PISA sent an email with a substantial attachment which gave a massive cross section of views from PISA members about the new season ticket policy.

The reply from Bob shows that the idea is to level out the prices and benefits all over the stadium where hitherto there were numerous differences.
We are not saying they are right or not but we all i am sure appreciate the CEO of the club explaining the rationale behind the decision(s) made.

Hi Adi

Thank you for the email and the attached information and comments, the feed-back is much appreciated.

The over-riding strategy behind the 2017/18 Season Ticket pricing structure was to resolve the financial imbalance that has existed for some time between the various Stands and Categories.

Because we were not looking to raise the total revenue taken from ST sales, it was decided that we had the opportunity to address the aged percentage differences that existed throughout the current structure to make them fairer across the board for all supporters.

Inevitably, subject to these changes, a number of season ticket holders would be disappointed and we understand this, but the changes were instigated for the overall benefit of the total fan base.

I hope this goes someway to explaining the rationale behind the new pricing and gives a clearer picture.

Regards

Bob

thanks for the update, god work from PISA again,

what other active supporters clubs are there, other than PISA
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

topcat87

Postby topcat87 » 03 Mar 2017, 21:20

bristleposh wrote:Thank you for your input Adi, Still nobody has told me how much a season ticket was at this time last year, to listen to some of the old farts on Facebook it sounds like each is being asked to have a limb removed this season in order to attend matches. no doubt it's gone up but by how much?

Actually my adult seat in the family stand was £425 last year and is £399 this year (early bird). 16 year old junior was £75 and is now £99. So last year for both was £500 and this year is £498! Will we renew? Of course we will. :comeon:

john316z

Postby john316z » 03 Mar 2017, 22:58

bristleposh wrote:Thank you for your input Adi, Still nobody has told me how much a season ticket was at this time last year, to listen to some of the old farts on Facebook it sounds like each is being asked to have a limb removed this season in order to attend matches. no doubt it's gone up but by how much?

That page should be miserable old gits of Peterborough. It sounds like the club is punishing them for being old. They should all probably regrow a pair....

Return to “The Posh”