No Ball

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

PoshCynic

Re: No Ball

Postby PoshCynic » 11 Mar 2017, 18:29

Sawtryposhman wrote:
pleasureboy60 wrote:The real story behind Ball's departure is because him and McGee are and always have been enemies. It all started when they played together for the Spurs youth team. To say they hate each others guts is putting it mildly!
Hence the real reason he has gone back to Rotherham.

Who told you that?? Dom and Luke are great pals and will remain friends after this. The real reason is the manager told Dom he was playing centre half on the Saturday which is his best position then decided to put him at right back. Dom questioned this and was told to go home. On the Sunday was told he was going back to Rotherham. Apparently a decision made by our chairman. Maybe he needs to start picking the team?? Pushing for play offs and send him back to Rotherham? Absolutely ridiculous decision considering the options we have!

Interesting, if true. Then again, Mr MacAnthony has always denied having any influence on team selections or playing matters.

john316z

Postby john316z » 11 Mar 2017, 18:33

The Messiah is only ever involved in the successful ones after all. Deluded ego and all that

Sawtryposhman

Postby Sawtryposhman » 11 Mar 2017, 18:55

PoshCynic wrote:
Sawtryposhman wrote:
pleasureboy60 wrote:The real story behind Ball's departure is because him and McGee are and always have been enemies. It all started when they played together for the Spurs youth team. To say they hate each others guts is putting it mildly!

Who told you that?? Dom and Luke are great pals and will remain friends after this. The real reason is the manager told Dom he was playing centre half on the Saturday which is his best position then decided to put him at right back. Dom questioned this and was told to go home. On the Sunday was told he was going back to Rotherham. Apparently a decision made by our chairman. Maybe he needs to start picking the team?? Pushing for play offs and send him back to Rotherham? Absolutely ridiculous decision considering the options we have!

Interesting, if true. Then again, Mr MacAnthony has always denied having any influence on team selections or playing matters.

I've known Dom and his family for years and he's a top lad and was gutted when he had to leave. Definitely the wrong decision but when the chairman is calling the shots....

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 11 Mar 2017, 18:56

Sod Dominic Ball at right back.

Let's play Harry Anderson there....

That should do the trick :roll:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 11 Mar 2017, 18:57

Sawtryposhman wrote:

Hello Daz :D

Sawtryposhman

Postby Sawtryposhman » 11 Mar 2017, 19:31

:D
superposh80 wrote:Sod Dominic Ball at right back.

Let's play Harry Anderson there....

That should do the trick :roll:

Absolutely :D

Sawtryposhman

Postby Sawtryposhman » 15 Mar 2017, 07:53

Not sure we would have conceded the amount of goals the past few weeks if Dom was at Centre half instead of Baldwin. Club shot them selves in the foot again!

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 15 Mar 2017, 09:31

a mistake dropping ball...as it is anthony grant.

the next mistake is only just around the corner.

but hey...it's grant's first season so we should expect it and let him get away with it.

he'll be brilliant next season.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 15 Mar 2017, 11:16

superposh80 wrote:a mistake dropping ball...as it is anthony grant.

the next mistake is only just around the corner.

but hey...it's grant's first season so we should expect it and let him get away with it.

he'll be brilliant next season.

You said it.
Come next season and he is brilliant I'm going to post that saying "There you are, Super told us he would be brilliant".
Of course, if it turns out that he isn't brilliant I won't embarrass you by posting it.
Being happy never goes out of style.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 15 Mar 2017, 11:39

....Like I won't embarras you by re-quoting your predictions.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 15 Mar 2017, 12:11

superposh80 wrote:....Like I won't embarras you by re-quoting your predictions.

Anybody who doubts my skill at predictions only has to look at the Prediction League table. :oops:
And I won't embarrass you by pointing out yet another spelling mistake. :)
Being happy never goes out of style.

mikeyposh

Postby mikeyposh » 15 Mar 2017, 12:22

I was sorry to see Ball go back as only other CH solution is Bostwick, as Baldwin always liable to errors!

Cannot fathom why Grant is not in midfield , as we get overrun by good sides there!

McCann is still learning sure, but some tactical and selection errors are plain basic!

I still feel we need an experienced manager and proven experienced striker to partner Nicholls!

We have the needed experience in midfield now with Grant!

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 15 Mar 2017, 12:40

i just don't get why grant isn't in the side.

we've been crying out for a player like him, he has a couple of really good games, makes one mistake at millwall...and is dropped.

poor from mccann.

stuie

Postby stuie » 15 Mar 2017, 15:00

superposh80 wrote:i just don't get why grant isn't in the side.

we've been crying out for a player like him, he has a couple of really good games, makes one mistake at millwall...and is dropped.

poor from mccann.

I too am surprised we do not play grant and Bossie together, I would
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Sawtryposhman

Postby Sawtryposhman » 15 Mar 2017, 16:22

Grant is an excellent player but with McCann it seems one mistake you are out the team never seems settled.

Return to “The Posh”