Tom Nichols

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Chompy

Tom Nichols

Postby Chompy » 26 Feb 2017, 01:17

2,325mins played (league), 9 goals, 5 assists.

He needs to improve on his shots on target ratio but otherwise he's just about on course for a 20-goal season (12 in all comps). Be great if he made it too.

Anyone who questions his ability or heckles him during games hasn't got the faintest idea what they're looking at.

He's only 23 and had some of the confidence knocked out of him by terrace morons, but his numbers are better than the likes of Kieren Agard and Ian Henderson, and on a par with the likes of Kevin Van Veen.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Re: Tom Nichols

Postby poshnipper » 26 Feb 2017, 09:34

:stupid:
Any 'fan' who heckles a player during a match hasn't got the faintest idea what supporting is about.
Time enough to vent your rage later.
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 26 Feb 2017, 12:08

i rate nichols.

he's an intelligent footballer, makes good runs and gets himself into good positions.he's no britt or cms (of old) but he's got a strikers eye for goal.

he's got two issues atm though....

confidence...or lack of it. if he misses a chance, he can go into his shell and hide, that leads to crowd unrest and he ends up being hauled off. he needs not to be afraid to miss and to toughen up mentally.

strike partner...or lack of one. angol is too weak. morias inexperienced taylor isn't a striker and cms too simular.

priority in the summer should be the right partner for nichols.

john316z

Postby john316z » 26 Feb 2017, 12:18

Good post.... It is a measure of our recent past that we expect so much from our strikers. That and the numpties who claim to be fans.... I suggest that most that boo an individual are the same snowflake keyboard terrorists on social media still at school :lol:

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 26 Feb 2017, 12:52

The right partner for TN would be McBurnie. Fingers crossed we get that one over the line in the summer. Guess CMS will stick round too in a Tyleresque role.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 26 Feb 2017, 13:39

Of the strikers we've had in the past two seasons he is far and away the best, I'm hoping that Stevens will come good and make a good partner for him
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 26 Feb 2017, 15:19

john316z wrote:Good post.... It is a measure of our recent past that we expect so much from our strikers. That and the numpties who claim to be fans.... I suggest that most that boo an individual are the same snowflake keyboard terrorists on social media still at school :lol:

So no-one is allowed an opinion if it doesn't agree with yours?

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 26 Feb 2017, 15:21

bristleposh wrote:Of the strikers we've had in the past two seasons he is far and away the best, I'm hoping that Stevens will come good and make a good partner for him

Nicholls is better than Washington? Is it April Fools Day already :D

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 26 Feb 2017, 15:25

HantsPosh wrote:
bristleposh wrote:Of the strikers we've had in the past two seasons he is far and away the best, I'm hoping that Stevens will come good and make a good partner for him

Nobody criticised Washington ever, his ability was exactly the same as Nicholls, and everybody thought originally that he was rubbish, to be honest I had forgotten him. My bad.
the one eyed man is King

john316z

Postby john316z » 26 Feb 2017, 19:15

HantsPosh wrote:
john316z wrote:Good post.... It is a measure of our recent past that we expect so much from our strikers. That and the numpties who claim to be fans.... I suggest that most that boo an individual are the same snowflake keyboard terrorists on social media still at school :lol:

So no-one is allowed an opinion if it doesn't agree with yours?

What have you been drinking my little snowflake? Commenting on fans booing individual players had nothing to do with differing opinions. Its down to respect and idiots..... Sorry if that offends you personally but depends on what topic you feel offended?

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 27 Feb 2017, 18:50

I don't agree with fans booing players, however nor do I agree with people being called idiots or numpties for having an opinion that differs to yours.

Kind regards, the snowflake!

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 27 Feb 2017, 22:37

bristleposh wrote:
HantsPosh wrote:

Nobody criticised Washington ever, his ability was exactly the same as Nicholls, and everybody thought originally that he was rubbish, to be honest I had forgotten him. My bad.

You are joking of course :lol:

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 27 Feb 2017, 23:09

bristleposh wrote:Nobody criticised Washington ever.

Pardon Nick? I spent half of my time defending him as fans all over the place called him everything under the sun. I fell out with at least two fans over him as they too insisted he was rubbish. I told them to wait and see.
He was sold, I think for approx. £2 and a half million, he is slowly settling in well at QPR. I wish dearly we had him back here for sure.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 27 Feb 2017, 23:28

I think I wrote that badly, it was meant to be sarcasm, the bit about nobody criticising Washington, my point was everyone thought he was crap, probably for the first six months or so. I like Brian thought he would come good and sure enough he did, good players get into the right get place, exactly like Nicholls does, it's not all about scoring, you have to get into the right place to miss chances, eventually they'll go in.
the one eyed man is King

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 27 Feb 2017, 23:37

Absolutely. :clap:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Return to “The Posh”