Millwall v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 657
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby DoubleRay » 01 Mar 2017, 13:29

The reports of this will be as interesting as porridge. Just warm grey porridge.
If only we had a prolific striker.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 16971
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby tonyp » 01 Mar 2017, 13:45

stuie wrote:look forward to hearing reports from those that attended, Posh sounded ok, and seemed to have had their chances last night, and put up a fight.

tonyp wrote:And I'm also looking forward to reading reports from some of the 303 who went to the game.

DoubleRay wrote:The reports of this will be as interesting as porridge. Just warm grey porridge.
If only we had a prolific striker.


Did anybody from this board actually go to the game?
Being happy never goes out of style.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8639
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby Brianposh » 01 Mar 2017, 13:47

Yep, me........................but at present too many other jobs to do. Will catch up later I guess.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8639
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby Brianposh » 01 Mar 2017, 19:35

To the Lions Den with approx.300-400 Posh fans and we matched very well first half with Taylor our outstanding player. Taff, Smith and Hughes all contributed well, Grant some good tackling, but his passing as with most, especially second half not to standard.
Lopes poor, passing accuracy non-existent and contributed very little. Nichols weak in possession through lack of strength and made very little headway.
Second half they improved slightly and we lost all sense of the little bit of passing ability we had shown earlier. Grant gave the penalty away but had three chances to disposess, poor and totally down to him. Very disappointing. We pressurised in the closing minutes to no avail.
As we said at the end, one big problem we have is still no Captain and the substitutes do not contain a "game changer" in any position.
What would we give to be able to put a Tommy Robson on late in the game to wake them all up.

Same performance as all Season, not quite there, lacking real teamwork, lacking real strength, but not quite good enough. Have forecast all Season an 8th-10th finish, and no reason to change this. The Club have much work to do for next Season, but have a big load to clear out.
Playing all next years prospects would suit me from now to the end of April.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13675
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby stuie » 01 Mar 2017, 19:50

Brianposh wrote:To the Lions Den with approx.300-400 Posh fans and we matched very well first half with Taylor our outstanding player. Taff, Smith and Hughes all contributed well, Grant some good tackling, but his passing as with most, especially second half not to standard.
Lopes poor, passing accuracy non-existent and contributed very little. Nichols weak in possession through lack of strength and made very little headway.
Second half they improved slightly and we lost all sense of the little bit of passing ability we had shown earlier. Grant gave the penalty away but had three chances to disposess, poor and totally down to him. Very disappointing. We pressurised in the closing minutes to no avail.
As we said at the end, one big problem we have is still no Captain and the substitutes do not contain a "game changer" in any position.
What would we give to be able to put a Tommy Robson on late in the game to wake them all up.

Same performance as all Season, not quite there, lacking real teamwork, lacking real strength, but not quite good enough. Have forecast all Season an 8th-10th finish, and no reason to change this. The Club have much work to do for next Season, but have a big load to clear out.
Playing all next years prospects would suit me from now to the end of April.


Cheers Buddy, hopefully see you at Bradford
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 16971
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby tonyp » 01 Mar 2017, 21:40

Thanks for the report, Brian. As always, it makes great reading. :clap2: :clap2:
Being happy never goes out of style.

HantsPosh
Posts: 173
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby HantsPosh » 01 Mar 2017, 23:28

We created nothing and it had 0-0 written all over it until the Grant error. He had 50 yards to foul the bloke! Millwall have kept 9 clean sheets in a row and easy to see why. Boring as hell to watch but guess results are what counts.

Inman playing the whole game was baffling as he contributed absolutely nothing the entire night.

Bossie was a beast again and I wish we had a few more like him, Taff & Hughes who look like the actually give a damn unlike the others.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13675
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby stuie » 02 Mar 2017, 11:22

HantsPosh wrote:We created nothing and it had 0-0 written all over it until the Grant error. He had 50 yards to foul the bloke! Millwall have kept 9 clean sheets in a row and easy to see why. Boring as hell to watch but guess results are what counts.

Inman playing the whole game was baffling as he contributed absolutely nothing the entire night.

Bossie was a beast again and I wish we had a few more like him, Taff & Hughes who look like the actually give a damn unlike the others.

cheers
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1585
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby White G » 02 Mar 2017, 19:58

First game of the season for me as was coincidentally down in London. Brave, hard fought performance against a side clearly better than us in most departments. We looked fairly organised and one could say we were perhaps a bit unlucky. There seems to be a lot of over-expectation on here and Millwall away were always going to be difficult opponents.

superposh80
Posts: 4304
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby superposh80 » 02 Mar 2017, 21:44

I don't think any serious posters on here expected us to get anything at Millwall Whitey.

HantsPosh
Posts: 173
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby HantsPosh » 03 Mar 2017, 18:07

Chesterfield drew 0-0 there a week ago so surely it wasn't unrealistic to expect we could get something or are we that poor that we can't match a result the side 2nd bottom of the league got?

Slightly puzzling to say regular watchers are guilty of over-expectation when Mr White has only watched 1 game all season. Not a dig just an observation that as regular watchers some of us expected more against a team we stuffed 5-1 in August.

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1585
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby White G » 03 Mar 2017, 19:20

HantsPosh wrote:Chesterfield drew 0-0 there a week ago so surely it wasn't unrealistic to expect we could get something or are we that poor that we can't match a result the side 2nd bottom of the league got?

Slightly puzzling to say regular watchers are guilty of over-expectation when Mr White has only watched 1 game all season. Not a dig just an observation that as regular watchers some of us expected more against a team we stuffed 5-1 in August.


We were away to a team who are in decent form, with better players and who were tipped by some for automatic promotion. To see us lose was hardly surprising. Regardless of how many games I've watched it's not rocket science when you look at the form guide!

superposh80
Posts: 4304
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby superposh80 » 03 Mar 2017, 21:28

It wasn't rocket science because anyone who watches Posh on a regular basis know we struggle against teams like Millwall...especially in their own back yard.

The 5-1 at our place bore no resemblance to this game

Wycliffe
Posts: 667
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Millwall v Posh

Postby Wycliffe » 03 Mar 2017, 21:36

superposh80 wrote:It wasn't rocket science because anyone who watches Posh on a regular basis know we struggle against teams like Millwall...especially in their own back yard.

The 5-1 at our place bore no resemblance to this game


We didn't though.
We were their equal all game.
Yes we defended but did that well.


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests