DMac.

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Chompy

Re: DMac.

Postby Chompy » 20 Mar 2017, 16:42

Free agent in the summer isn't he?

Don't think any DMac mind games will effect what Taylor himself wants to do when the offers start coming in.

stuie

Postby stuie » 20 Mar 2017, 16:49

Chompy wrote:Free agent in the summer isn't he?

Don't think any DMac mind games will effect what Taylor himself wants to do when the offers start coming in.

gpwm
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

john316z

Postby john316z » 20 Mar 2017, 22:32

Chompy wrote:Free agent in the summer isn't he?

It's a strange one. One of our best players this season but Taylor has only ever done well at Posh and wasted opportunities elsewhere. I for one hope he'll stay but our genius chairman will no doubt blame Taylor when McCann can't turn around our form having now scapegoated Glover.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 21 Mar 2017, 17:15

Of course, DMac's slating of Taylor could all be driven by the fact he can't afford his wages next season.

Pretend he's no good, so when fans start complaining about him being let go, don't need to say 'can't afford it', can just say 'not for me'.

pie58

Postby pie58 » 22 Mar 2017, 08:50

Third hand but I have been told Taylor is actually on a pittance this season, again we were the only ones to give him another chance so could pay him very little. He may have again put himself in the shop window for other clubs to talk to him and get a substantial payrise for next year.

Whether he fits in is another matter be it with Dmac or the team, he always looks a bit of a loner to me, still most talented player we have though in my opinion.
6'2, Eyes of Blue, Big Jim Hall is after you!!!

john316z

Postby john316z » 22 Mar 2017, 09:38

pie58 wrote:Third hand but I have been told Taylor is actually on a pittance this season, again we were the only ones to give him another chance so could pay him very little. He may have again put himself in the shop window for other clubs to talk to him and get a substantial payrise for next year.

Whether he fits in is another matter be it with Dmac or the team, he always looks a bit of a loner to me, still most talented player we have though in my opinion.

I had heard the same, and think it may have been mentioned on here before. It appears he could be going the same way as oztumer. he is definitely one of the most talented but also only appears to have done well here and been unsuccessful everywhere else. I'd rather Taylor all day than Forrester or Leo for that matter. All about opinions I guess and as Dmac pays the bills he'll do what he likes. if he stays of course :D

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 22 Mar 2017, 11:26

pie58 wrote:Third hand but I have been told Taylor is actually on a pittance this season, again we were the only ones to give him another chance so could pay him very little. He may have again put himself in the shop window for other clubs to talk to him and get a substantial payrise for next year.

Pretty sure he had other offers. Charlton for one? Don't believe that at all.

Don't think he's a loner either but all about perception I guess.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 23 Mar 2017, 00:46

Hypey McHypeface made me chuckle.

DMac and GM are both playing a dangerous game with these ongoing, niggly mentions of fans causing problems re: young players.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 23 Mar 2017, 06:10

Chompy wrote:DMac and GM are both playing a dangerous game with these ongoing, niggly mentions of fans causing problems re: young players.

:question: niggly mentions??
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 23 Mar 2017, 06:44

One of the reasons why we're going down memory lane with the likes of Tyler and CMS....To keep those fans happy that are getting on Nichols' and the likes case.

No doubt Zakuani will be next to reappear :roll:

john316z

Postby john316z » 23 Mar 2017, 09:51

Chompy wrote:Hypey McHypeface made me chuckle.

DMac and GM are both playing a dangerous game with these ongoing, niggly mentions of fans causing problems re: young players.

maybe they could give us something else to talk about, like how well we are playing on the pitch. Having made Glover the latest scapegoat for out problems rather than growing a pair and taking responsibility, who's next to blame? The fans? Will we also be given our marching orders? :shock:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 23 Mar 2017, 12:22

Change the ******* record. Much easier to complain than it is to get behind the team, that's if you are actually Posh fans.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 23 Mar 2017, 13:54

I wonder what Swanny is getting at in his latest outburst?

Everybody agrees that DMac is the best thing since sliced bread but I can't see anything wrong with people expressing honest views.

Who are the seniors he's having a go at?
Being happy never goes out of style.

john316z

Postby john316z » 23 Mar 2017, 14:21

tonyp wrote:I wonder what Swanny is getting at in his latest outburst?

Everybody agrees that DMac is the best thing since sliced bread but I can't see anything wrong with people expressing honest views.

Who are the seniors he's having a go at?

There's been a lot of whining on one of the Facebook pages about how price rises impact senior citizens. i suspect it is them... That said he is also responding to a bit of Dmac orchestrated PR.... Support us or else... Dmac does have form when it comes to any form of criticism

john316z

Postby john316z » 23 Mar 2017, 14:23

DaveLister wrote:Change the ******* record. Much easier to complain than it is to get behind the team, that's if you are actually Posh fans.

I don't actually think there is anyone on here that isn't a Posh fan (other than the odd troll now and again). It is easier to complain you're right, but maybe people (myself included) do that because we are fans and want the best for our club?

Return to “The Posh”