Poshies v Southend

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

dunc

Re: Poshies v Southend

Postby dunc » 22 Feb 2017, 01:04

I agree, all unemployed managers are unemployed for a reason.
In the case of Birmingham and Blackburn - the owners don't have a clue what they are doing!

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 22 Feb 2017, 05:17

We certainly DON'T have the players....and it's nothing to do with systems or money.

It's down to poor and inexperienced management decisions and physically and mentally weak footballers who just aren't good enough.

McCann's decision to play a defender who hasn't kicked a ball in four months...and make him captain...is up there with his worst.

He appears as clueless as his predecessors....

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 22 Feb 2017, 07:38

I, too, was surprised to see Baldwin back and with the armband. Didn't really work, did it?

Bozzy really is a beast. A beast with a half-healed broken jaw. I feared for him. Playing last night, imho, was beyond the call of duty.

Not sure I'm liking McGee's attitude towards the lads too much. Having a go at Maddison last night seemed, to me, well out of order. At that particular time, there were another 4 players who let us down, not Magic. For sure, Mr McGee has a bad temper. AND he could've done better for their 2nd.

Good news that Gwion will be back in time for the Play Offs though.
:comeon: :comeon: flippin' heck POSH, come on!!!
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 09:10

DaveLister wrote:Perhaps an unemployed manager is unemployed for a reason.

Graham Westley, Dave Robertson, Darren Fergusson, Gary Johnson and Mark Cooper are all currently employed which kind of puts a dent in that argument
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 22 Feb 2017, 10:27

"Gwion will be back for the play offs"

Priceless.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 22 Feb 2017, 11:01

Darren Ferguson? Seems to be doing OK at Donny.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 11:03

superposh80 wrote:"Gwion will be back for the play offs"

Priceless.

I agree, but had you pressed the little quote button you could have saved a minute of your life typing out the offending piece
the one eyed man is King

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 22 Feb 2017, 12:49

poshnipper wrote:I, too, was surprised to see Baldwin back and with the armband. Didn't really work, did it?

Bozzy really is a beast. A beast with a half-healed broken jaw. I feared for him. Playing last night, imho, was beyond the call of duty.

Not sure I'm liking McGee's attitude towards the lads too much. Having a go at Maddison last night seemed, to me, well out of order. At that particular time, there were another 4 players who let us down, not Magic. For sure, Mr McGee has a bad temper. AND he could've done better for their 2nd.

Good news that Gwion will be back in time for the Play Offs though.
:comeon: :comeon: flippin' heck POSH, come on!!!

What possessed GM to play Bossie when he hinted in his pre-match talk that Ball was going to play and could do well in that position? I winced every time the ball was directed at his head. I'm not sure if he was wearing a gum guard or not but no way should you play with a broken jaw. It was a night when the back four were pulled apart by a very slick and rampant forward Southend side who looked really confident.
I was disappointed with the crowd who booed Maddison when he was nominated motm.Not his fault because and he was always willing to have a crack at goal.
The result was bad but GM will have to learn from it and supporters should give him a seasons chance at least.

TomLea1

Postby TomLea1 » 22 Feb 2017, 12:58

http://tomleasport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/ ... nited.html

Have a look at my thoughts after last nights game.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 22 Feb 2017, 13:02

Ray. ...Did you know that both times he's dropped Ball we've gone on to concede 4 goals. (Franchise and Southend)?

McCann needs to take a good look at himself.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 22 Feb 2017, 15:37

bristleposh wrote:

Graham Westley, Dave Robertson, Darren Fergusson, Gary Johnson and Mark Cooper are all currently employed which kind of puts a dent in that argument

Remind me again why each of the above left Posh?

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 16:07

DaveLister wrote:
bristleposh wrote:

Remind me again why each of the above left Posh?

because they were pony
the one eyed man is King

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 22 Feb 2017, 19:54

All of whom managed Posh at league one level or higher. And how many of those are currently managing at league one level?

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 22 Feb 2017, 20:08

superposh80 wrote:We certainly DON'T have the players....and it's nothing to do with systems or money.

It's down to poor and inexperienced management decisions and physically and mentally weak footballers who just aren't good enough.

McCann's decision to play a defender who hasn't kicked a ball in four months...and make him captain...is up there with his worst.

:stupid:

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 22 Feb 2017, 20:17

PoshCynic wrote:
superposh80 wrote:We certainly DON'T have the players....and it's nothing to do with systems or money.

:stupid:

I don't wish to be rude but it has got **** all to do with you.
Not POSH and don't go to the matches so frankly I don't see why you take any interest.
On general points on both sites you can be interesting if not a tad fuddy duddy but on club events both on and off the pitch it really is not your concern.

I must admit I fail to see what Ball had done wrong and Jack whilst I like him had a mare alongside Leo

Return to “The Posh”