Walsall v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

bristleposh

Re: Walsall v Posh

Postby bristleposh » 18 Feb 2017, 20:38

superposh80 wrote:Forrester needs to be stripped of the captaincy after today.

Unacceptable behaviour from him...As captain he should be leading and setting an example.

He does neither.

Were you there? I ask that because from our end of the pitch I certainly couldn't see what happened, the fact that I won't get home until about ten o'clock because of train works and a late running service so I probably won't get home in time to see the low lights. I have to say what I saw today we have a lot of players who don't like passing the ball forward. CMS lacks the pace he once had, Morias tries hard but isn't really good enough and nor was Angol when he came on, Maddison might as well have stayed on the bench Grant and Edwards before his injury were our best two players although I thought Grant took a knock in the first half and seemed off the post from there on in. What is it with McGee and Ball they don't seem to get on I thought they were going to have a scrap at one time Hughes was probably our best player although Taffizolli did Ok. Samuel seen has definitely gone backwards since last season, not half the player he was.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

john316z

Postby john316z » 18 Feb 2017, 21:03

superposh80 wrote:John....

Oztumer was not 'deemed not good enough'....He left for financial reasons.

As for today. ..We've lost due to lack of firepower, a goalkeeping error and Ill discipline.

Nothing to do with any ex player....We just shot ourselves in the foot.

You could argue if we felt he was good enough we would have offered him more? I do remember we offered him a lower deal that had an incentive to increase on promotion and he chose to leave... Splitting hairs bu this is the pedantic forum after all

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 18 Feb 2017, 22:36

Same **** different day. Never looked like scoring as per usual. 4 loan players on the pitch at the end which is four too many! Really have no enthusiasm to travel from Hampshire to Peterborough again on Tuesday night to watch that crap.

Only positive was Hughes was back today. Wonder who will be the lucky numbers to play on Tuesday. Inman deemed good enough to start against the league leaders last week yet doesn't even make the bench since?

Forrester is NOT a Captain and should be replaced by Tafazolli immediately.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 19 Feb 2017, 00:52

Not sure about Tafazoli...but Forrester certainly isn't a captain.

No doubt his appointment was made by McCann and Darragh in the summer based on the facts he was our best and most valuable player...and our most Irish of course.

Another decision that appears to have backfired on us.

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 19 Feb 2017, 01:46

Don't know what Forrester did today but he seems to have become petulant since taking the armband. That didn't seem how he was last season, when 'he doesn't say much but the rest listen when he says something'.

They all know they're not good enough as a squad to get to where they're supposed to. Season over, but it was done anyway.

topcat87

Postby topcat87 » 19 Feb 2017, 07:11

Forrester was never captain material - it was a sweetner to make him stay. Smith is my choice with Taff vice captain. Discipline is crucial as a team and theres no room for so many egos. Wish Gwion all the best for a speedy recovery.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 19 Feb 2017, 10:00

Having seen a replay of the first goal I couldn't see much wrong with it, but I've seen a still where it appears the Walsall player at the near post has an arm in McGee's face, you can understand why the keeper and the skipper were irate at the officials not having seen it, but as I said from where I was behind the other goal I couldn't see it either. That doesn't however excuse foul and abusive language.
the one eyed man is King

stuie

Postby stuie » 19 Feb 2017, 13:19

I have no useful comments about yesterday

other than

A great day out spoilt by 90 minutes of football
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

john316z

Postby john316z » 19 Feb 2017, 13:49

stuie wrote:I have no useful comments about yesterday

other than

Hope you got drunk stuie :wink:

stuie

Postby stuie » 19 Feb 2017, 16:16

john316z wrote:
stuie wrote:I have no useful comments about yesterday

other than

Hope you got drunk stuie :wink:

thanks, wouldn't want to disappoint,

however on reflection the first half was ok, it was the 2nd half that is poor

Why is it murphy's s law, that whenever you are in an end at an away game, al the football happens at the other end of the pitch

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 19 Feb 2017, 16:48

More thoughts, having had time to think about what I witnessed. I think we appeared to be heading for an undeserved draw, when for some inexplicable reason McCann in his wisdom, or lack of, decided to change the system and go with three at the back. Some may argue that it was a bold decision to try and win the game. Trouble is when you have three at the back you need midfielders who can defend the side areas previously patrolled by Hughes and Smith, sadly apart from Edwards we don't seem to have any other than Grant and Edwards capable of such actions. Angol tried, but he is definitely not a midfielder. Taylor would have made some attempts at tracking back, but sadly was replaced at the same time as the changeover by the utterly inept Maddison. Now I know people think I have a downer on this player, he has some silky skills and has made some very creative contributions going forward: but a defender he isn't, I spotted two occasions after he came on where he could have and probably should have attempted either an interception or a tackle, but instead decided to run in an arc away from where the danger of him having to get involved in any defensive duties. I'm not blaming him for the defeat, the blame for that is definitely down to the manager changing the system without having the personnel to cope with the new system. Not rocket science.
the one eyed man is King

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 19 Feb 2017, 17:13

McCann has made more mistakes than any player this season.

He gets cut plenty of slack from Posh fans because he's a club legend and a rookie manager.

Things won't be so easy for him next season though...He's got to start getting it right in the transfer market and on the pitch.

He may then have learnt to say the right things in his press conferences.

HantsPosh

Postby HantsPosh » 19 Feb 2017, 18:41

Having now seen the goals, I'm amazed that it wasn't given as a foul as the striker didn't touch the ball at all so therefore it's a clear foul. If a defender had made contact with the striker without touching the ball it would be a penalty.

Oh and classy by Oztumer to wind up the away fans as he left the pitch. Nice respect for the club who plucked you from obscurity and gave you your chance to chase the cash at Walsall. So typical of the modern footballer, sadly even in the lower leagues.

stuie

Postby stuie » 19 Feb 2017, 18:56

HantsPosh wrote:Having now seen the goals, I'm amazed that it wasn't given as a foul as the striker didn't touch the ball at all so therefore it's a clear foul. If a defender had made contact with the striker without touching the ball it would be a penalty.

Oh and classy by Oztumer to wind up the away fans as he left the pitch. Nice respect for the club who plucked you from obscurity and gave you your chance to chase the cash at Walsall. So typical of the modern footballer, sadly even in the lower leagues.

did not see what Oz did to the Posh fans, I never booed the lad yesterday, but many did. Hey ho, also there was some lad trying to incite the steward at the end of the game, like it was his fault Posh lost

any how, the same lad stood next to me on the tram back to New Street

So I quizzed him as to why, the truth is the lad was sober but has learning difficulties, and even him and his friend agrerd it was stupidity, hey ho

see some of you Saturday at Posh, or the next Saturday at Bradford

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 21 Feb 2017, 00:36

Thank you for pointing this out to me Mr Ashman

Picture 1....Stand Up If you Love The Posh

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/201 ... 80196.aspx

so who says I'm lazy
the one eyed man is King

Return to “The Posh”