Advice Please?

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

VisitingBlade

Advice Please?

Postby VisitingBlade » 10 Feb 2017, 20:44

Hi...sheff utd fan in peace here.

I'm coming to the match tomorrow with my dad, who has recently had a knee replacement operation. His recovery is going well, and he can walk pretty well again now, but I'm a little concerned about parking around your stadium, and how far away from the ground we may have to park. If anyone could give me some advice about where to aim for that is ideally as close as possible to the ground (we don't mind paying to park) it would be enormously appreciated.

All the very best for the rest of the season (after tomorrow ;) )

Cheers.

PoshCynic

Re: Advice Please?

Postby PoshCynic » 10 Feb 2017, 20:50

The nearest public car park is in Oundle Road and about 200 yards from the ground.

VisitingBlade

Postby VisitingBlade » 10 Feb 2017, 20:51

That's fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. Does it fill up on matchdays? Would it be advisable to arrive a bit early to get a space?

topcat87

Postby topcat87 » 10 Feb 2017, 21:03

Fair Meadow car park, PE2 8AT is also used for those walking into the town centre so could be advisable to come earlier. Many food outlets open near the ground too.

VisitingBlade

Postby VisitingBlade » 10 Feb 2017, 21:14

Thanks! I think that's the one mentioned earlier from looking on google maps...oundle road?

Food shouldn't be an issue as we'll be stopping somewhere on the A1 on the way down I think.

I know very little about how you play/your players etc, so I have no idea how the game will go. It's my first league away game for years so hoping for a good match and (obviously) an away win!

Many thanks for the advice!

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 10 Feb 2017, 22:37

VisitingBlade wrote:Thanks! I think that's the one mentioned earlier from looking on google maps...oundle road?

Food shouldn't be an issue as we'll be stopping somewhere on the A1 on the way down I think.

I know very little about how you play/your players etc, so I have no idea how the game will go. It's my first league away game for years so hoping for a good match and (obviously) an away win!

Yes, Fair Meadow car park is the one I mentioned as being in Oundle Road. It can get busy so early arrival is recommended.

Enjoy the match.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 10 Feb 2017, 23:51

PoshCynic wrote:
VisitingBlade wrote:Thanks! I think that's the one mentioned earlier from looking on google maps...oundle road?

Yes, Fair Meadow car park is the one I mentioned as being in Oundle Road. It can get busy so early arrival is recommended.

Enjoy the match.

...but don't enjoy it too much
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

ashman

Postby ashman » 11 Feb 2017, 01:05

The Peacock has a small car park and is just over the road from the ground.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 11 Feb 2017, 08:49

ashman wrote:The Peacock has a small car park and is just over the road from the ground.

Cruelty not nice

VisitingBlade

Postby VisitingBlade » 11 Feb 2017, 22:31

Not here to comment on the match...just to give thanks for the parking advice. We found that carpark and were pleased they only charged £3 to park. I love your stadium as well...proper football ground that is.

Again, my sincere and genuine best wishes for the remainder of the season :)

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 11 Feb 2017, 23:54

Thanks, good to hear.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

VisitingBlade

Postby VisitingBlade » 12 Feb 2017, 00:14

No problem. After today, I really hope you get in the playoffs and win them to join us in the championship next season (assuming we don't cock it up and end up in the playoff lottery that is!)

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 12 Feb 2017, 00:24

Nice to have hear from a polite opposition fan from Yorkshire
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

VisitingBlade

Postby VisitingBlade » 12 Feb 2017, 00:52

No problem! Nice to have a set of fans who (mostly) gave me genuine advice and made our day a lot easier :)

Edit: I had no ill-feeling towards Posh before the game, and regardless of the match that feeling has been reinforced. You have a lovely stadium (proper football ground in my opinion) and it's easy to find/park at. While I thought the ref was a "homer" (no doubt you'll all disagree) I think I saw a very entertaining match, and as stated above I really hope you push on and make/win the playoffs.

Good luck and thanks :)

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 12 Feb 2017, 01:19

OK, OK now bugger off. :roll:

Return to “The Posh”