Today's Sun

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13772
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Today's Sun

Postby stuie » 08 Feb 2017, 23:01

DaveLister wrote:
DoubleRay wrote:I would have thought Darragh would want to distance himself from the Sun. A lot of Liverpool supporters still boycott this paper to this day after their nasty reports following the Hillsborough disaster.
We all know that Darraghs favourite club after Posh is Liverpool.

See your point , since Irishmen all support Liverpool, Everton or Manchester United.

However, as bristle said, Darragh is a salesman,.


who???????
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15353
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Today's Sun

Postby DaveLister » 08 Feb 2017, 23:05

Seems to have disappeared :lol:
Image

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13772
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Today's Sun

Postby stuie » 08 Feb 2017, 23:06

DaveLister wrote:Seems to have disappeared :lol:


No the quote is still here, read the whole thread, and you will find who quoted it :D
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15353
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Today's Sun

Postby DaveLister » 09 Feb 2017, 01:28

stuie wrote:
DaveLister wrote:Seems to have disappeared :lol:


No the quote is still here, read the whole thread, and you will find who quoted it :D

Long day at work ha ha, point remains, whomever said it.
Image

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13772
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Today's Sun

Postby stuie » 09 Feb 2017, 01:31

DaveLister wrote:Long day at work ha ha, point remains, whomever said it.

yup

we are all doomed :D
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25169
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: Today's Sun

Postby bristleposh » 09 Feb 2017, 10:00

I don't remember saying that, but I am quite happy to take the plaudits
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Wycliffe
Posts: 758
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Today's Sun

Postby Wycliffe » 10 Feb 2017, 08:28

superposh80 wrote:That Sun newspaper boycott was in the main done by the people of Liverpool who were involved...or around at the time of Hillsborough.

As Darragh was only 12 at the time and he's from Ireland...I very much doubt if that's something he'd get involved in.

He surely wouldn't read the sun anyway....unless Kendal Jenner is on page 3 of course.


It is still barely sold in the city to this day although about a year ago the rag boasted about its improved sales there until it was proven to be an outright lie....shock horror :shock:

I wouldn't read it as I like proper news and Hillsborough merely confirmed my judgement, buying the i the other day a free Sun was offered, the girl was a bit bemused when I told her to 'keep it'.

Anyway. If it spreads the POSH word to morons all over the world...... :lol:

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1461
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Today's Sun

Postby PoshCynic » 10 Feb 2017, 20:49

Announced on BBC news at 6.00pm that Sun journalists have been banned from press conferences at Anfield and from matches there in their capacities as journalists.

After 28 years it seems rather late for such a drastic decision surely.

User avatar
BanburyPosh
Posts: 316
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 21:25
Location: Banbury, Oxon

Re: Today's Sun

Postby BanburyPosh » 10 Feb 2017, 23:15

Yes a bit late but 100% the right decision.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

Wycliffe
Posts: 758
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Today's Sun

Postby Wycliffe » 11 Feb 2017, 08:57

PoshCynic wrote:Announced on BBC news at 6.00pm that Sun journalists have been banned from press conferences at Anfield and from matches there in their capacities as journalists.

After 28 years it seems rather late for such a drastic decision surely.


Typically uninformed comment. :roll:

The decision is understood to have been taken by Liverpool’s Boston-based owner, led by the financier John Henry, after club executives had discussions with families whose relatives were killed at Hillsborough at the 1989 FA Cup semi final.

Renewed campaigns to boycott the paper have grown on Merseyside since the jury at the new inquests into the deaths found last April that the 96 people were unlawfully killed, due to manslaughter by gross negligence of the South Yorkshire police officer in command of the match, Ch Supt David Duckenfield. The Total Eclipse of The S*n‚ campaign was supported by the Hillsborough Family Support Group.


So it is not a late reaction but a response to relatively recent facts (that only the legal world weren't aware of) coming to light. The newspapers involvement in these disgraceful acts whilst fully suspected came to light as being true and proven hence the discussions.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13772
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Today's Sun

Postby stuie » 11 Feb 2017, 13:23

Wycliffe wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:Announced on BBC news at 6.00pm that Sun journalists have been banned from press conferences at Anfield and from matches there in their capacities as journalists.

After 28 years it seems rather late for such a drastic decision surely.


Typically uninformed comment. :roll:

The decision is understood to have been taken by Liverpool’s Boston-based owner, led by the financier John Henry, after club executives had discussions with families whose relatives were killed at Hillsborough at the 1989 FA Cup semi final.

Renewed campaigns to boycott the paper have grown on Merseyside since the jury at the new inquests into the deaths found last April that the 96 people were unlawfully killed, due to manslaughter by gross negligence of the South Yorkshire police officer in command of the match, Ch Supt David Duckenfield. The Total Eclipse of The S*n‚ campaign was supported by the Hillsborough Family Support Group.


So it is not a late reaction but a response to relatively recent facts (that only the legal world weren't aware of) coming to light. The newspapers involvement in these disgraceful acts whilst fully suspected came to light as being true and proven hence the discussions.


gpwm
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: markstag and 7 guests