Junior

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Junior

Postby DaveLister » 05 Feb 2017, 13:16

Two goals yesterday will do him the world of good. Doesn't make him Ian Rush, but both were good finishes after good work by Nicholls and Maddison, though I did wonder if Marcus was ever going to pass to him while he was plainly screaming for it !!

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 05 Feb 2017, 13:20

DaveLister wrote:Two goals yesterday will do him the world of good. Doesn't make him Ian Rush, but both were good finishes after good work by Nicholls and Maddison, though I did wonder if Marcus was ever going to pass to him while he was plainly screaming for it !!

.and it'll still be on his statistics as an assist, it did sound as though he (Marcus) and Nicholls had better games playing in a slightly withdrawn role sounds like we played 4-3-2-1 with CMS as rhe loan striker replaced at the death by Junior
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

DoubleRay

Postby DoubleRay » 05 Feb 2017, 16:08

I have to concede, he did brilliant scoring a brace in his 10 minute cameo... plus you could see his knees so it looks like they found shorts that fit him. :D
It will be interesting to see if that's enough for him to start next Saturday but having said that, CMS put in a really good shift.

stuie

Postby stuie » 05 Feb 2017, 16:11

DoubleRay wrote:I have to concede, he did brilliant scoring a brace in his 10 minute cameo... plus you could see his knees so it looks like they found shorts that fit him. :D
It will be interesting to see if that's enough for him to start next Saturday but having said that, CMS put in a really good shift.

gpwm
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 05 Feb 2017, 19:09

DaveLister wrote:Two goals yesterday will do him the world of good. Doesn't make him Ian Rush, but both were good finishes after good work by Nicholls and Maddison, though I did wonder if Marcus was ever going to pass to him while he was plainly screaming for it !!

I saw it differently at the time tbh.
MM held the ball until the second defender had to come to him, then he passed it.
It's fair to say however that it wasn't his first thought :lol:

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 05 Feb 2017, 19:21

Wycliffe wrote:

MM held the ball until the second defender had to come to him, then he passed it.

We reckon that after a few seconds we "saw" him change his mind and passed to Junior, wonderful, but we would not have bet on it. :D
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 05 Feb 2017, 19:30

Brianposh wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

We reckon that after a few seconds we "saw" him change his mind and passed to Junior, wonderful, but we would not have bet on it. :D

A bad touch changed his mind I reckon after watching it just now, tbf he didn't have many of them all game so fair do's

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 05 Feb 2017, 20:07

Wycliffe wrote:

Thing is - as Maddison showed with his goal - you'd actually back him once he's got the ball on his left foot. So I'm not sure if shooting would have been the worst idea Marcus could have had :lol:

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 05 Feb 2017, 20:37

DaveLister wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

Thing is - as Maddison showed with his goal - you'd actually back him once he's got the ball on his left foot. So I'm not sure if shooting would have been the worst idea Marcus could have had :lol:

Agree with you.......yesterday at least :D

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 06 Feb 2017, 15:50

So good to see it mean that much to a player.

Totes emosh after Saturday's brace.

Now, is it Mor-aye-us, Mor-raise or Moraish?

Poshay

Postby Poshay » 06 Feb 2017, 18:05

Chompy wrote:So good to see it mean that much to a player.

Totes emosh after Saturday's brace.

Now, is it Mor-aye-us, Mor-raise or Moraish?

As in black Marias.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

Return to “The Posh”