Where do Posh go from here ??

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
Chenza
Posts: 587
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:23
Location: Everywhere

Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby Chenza » 29 Jan 2017, 10:42

Running out of ideas,running out of patience with certain players,running out of funds what's happening behind the scenes at our club ?
I will always try to be optimistic about posh and always support them,seems that all is not great on the pitch and off it.
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25161
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby bristleposh » 29 Jan 2017, 11:08

Assuming your question was not rhetorical I'll suggest where they go next might be Port Vale.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 17094
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby tonyp » 29 Jan 2017, 11:12

Chenza wrote:what's happening behind the scenes at our club ?

Oh to have someone who could answer that!!
It will be interesting to see if anybody will have a guess.
My guess would be that Barry Fry is on the phone to potential new signees or at least loanees.
Being happy never goes out of style.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 3688
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby Chompy » 29 Jan 2017, 11:20

tonyp wrote:
Chenza wrote:what's happening behind the scenes at our club ?

Oh to have someone who could answer that!!
It will be interesting to see if anybody will have a guess.
My guess would be that Barry Fry is on the phone to potential new signees or at least loanees.


Seriously?

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 17094
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby tonyp » 29 Jan 2017, 11:25

Chompy wrote:
tonyp wrote:
Chenza wrote:what's happening behind the scenes at our club ?

Oh to have someone who could answer that!!
It will be interesting to see if anybody will have a guess.
My guess would be that Barry Fry is on the phone to potential new signees or at least loanees.


Seriously?

Not really. What's your guess?
Being happy never goes out of style.

john316z
Posts: 1316
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby john316z » 29 Jan 2017, 14:58

I suspect that Darragh is deciding who's next one to blame. After all he personally has involvement in signing our players but only ever comments on the ones that drive the big money deals. He's always very quiet on the majority of poor signings we make

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1586
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby White G » 21 Feb 2017, 20:45

Fergie's doing ok right now. Maybe I was wrong about him as we did well under his stewardship overall. Wonder if he would come back?

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1461
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby PoshCynic » 21 Feb 2017, 21:47

White G wrote:Fergie's doing ok right now. Maybe I was wrong about him as we did well under his stewardship overall. Wonder if he would come back?



No thanks.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 3688
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby Chompy » 21 Feb 2017, 23:37

Our next four games are Rochdale (H), Millwall (A), Bradford (A), Oxford (H).

How many points do we expect from these?

john316z
Posts: 1316
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby john316z » 21 Feb 2017, 23:39

0?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25161
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby bristleposh » 21 Feb 2017, 23:52

I'll go with 1, more in hope than expectation
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15352
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf
Contact:

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby DaveLister » 22 Feb 2017, 05:06

White G wrote:Fergie's doing ok right now. Maybe I was wrong about him as we did well under his stewardship overall. Wonder if he would come back?

We must be losing a lot, whiteys back :lol:
Image

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15879
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby poshnipper » 22 Feb 2017, 07:41

DaveLister wrote:
White G wrote:Fergie's doing ok right now. Maybe I was wrong about him as we did well under his stewardship overall. Wonder if he would come back?

We must be losing a lot, whiteys back :lol:

Yup, welcome back Whitey. We were expecting you weeks ago!
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25161
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 09:20

Well, thankfully we are 13 points clear of the drop zone, and at this moment I can't see all the teams below us getting enough points to send us back to a level at which the majority of our players would, on the last two performance, be more comfortable at. Having seen highlights of the Lincoln and Millwall games at the weekend, and all of the Sutton game, I wonder where our fight and determination and any skill have disappeared too. Judging by the Lincoln and Sutton performances in particular I think we'd even struggle at that level.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

PoshinImpLand
Posts: 158
Joined: 01 Jun 2011, 21:25

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby PoshinImpLand » 22 Feb 2017, 10:18

bristleposh wrote:Well, thankfully we are 13 points clear of the drop zone, and at this moment I can't see all the teams below us getting enough points to send us back to a level at which the majority of our players would, on the last two performance, be more comfortable at. Having seen highlights of the Lincoln and Millwall games at the weekend, and all of the Sutton game, I wonder where our fight and determination and any skill have disappeared too. Judging by the Lincoln and Sutton performances in particular I think we'd even struggle at that level.


I have watched the Imps a few times this season and I totally agree with your comments Bristle. POSH would find it tough in the National League with their performances of late. At least you always feel you have been entertained when walking out of Sincil Bank after a match. My head says I should have more sense and buy a season ticket for Sincil Bank for the next campaign, but having supported POSH since the 1950s I guess it will be my heart that will win and I will continue to drive down to London Road on match days.


Return to “The Posh”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest