Where do Posh go from here ??

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

superposh80

Re: Where do Posh go from here ??

Postby superposh80 » 22 Feb 2017, 10:19

This lot have no fight in them whatsoever ...A gutless bunch.

With games v Rochdale Millwall Bradford and the improving Oxford coming up...It's likely we'll be dropping into the bottom half of the table fairly soon.

Which...to be fair ..is where we belong.

PoshinImpLand

Postby PoshinImpLand » 22 Feb 2017, 10:27

superposh80 wrote:This lot have no fight in them whatsoever ...A gutless bunch.

With games v Rochdale Millwall Bradford and the improving Oxford coming up...It's likely we'll be dropping into the bottom half of the table fairly soon.

Which...to be fair ..is where we belong.

A sad state of affairs, but I have to agree, Super.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 10:29

PoshinImpLand wrote:
bristleposh wrote:Well, thankfully we are 13 points clear of the drop zone, and at this moment I can't see all the teams below us getting enough points to send us back to a level at which the majority of our players would, on the last two performance, be more comfortable at. Having seen highlights of the Lincoln and Millwall games at the weekend, and all of the Sutton game, I wonder where our fight and determination and any skill have disappeared too. Judging by the Lincoln and Sutton performances in particular I think we'd even struggle at that level.

I have watched the Imps a few times this season and I totally agree with your comments Bristle. POSH would find it tough in the National League with their performances of late. At least you always feel you have been entertained when walking out of Sincil Bank after a match. My head says I should have more sense and buy a season ticket for Sincil Bank for the next campaign, but having supported POSH since the 1950s I guess it will be my heart that will win and I will continue to drive down to London Road on match days.

It is a difficult thing to do, when I first came to this beautiful city I visited both Ashton Gate and Eastville but sadly I couldn't get my love of Posh out of my system, you can divorce a woman but a football team is for life.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 22 Feb 2017, 11:03

Fair comment that.

We're not only woeful but we've also become boring to watch over the past couple of seasons.

john316z

Postby john316z » 22 Feb 2017, 16:28

Chompy wrote:Fair comment that.

We're not only woeful but we've also become boring to watch over the past couple of seasons.

I actually don't mind we are 9th and on the slide. I do mind that we can't entertain and have become boring. I do mind that Darragh "bigged up" our chances hence setting an expectation that is unrealistic and has hence disappointed and we are massively underachieving. I'd prefer him to be a bit more honest and say this season was about rebuilding and we'll push on for promotion next season. It would be a more realistic position to be in. That said he appears not to accept not winning and did say he'd sell up if we miss out - allegedly - or not! I'd even be happier losing but playing well but that may be an unpopular view...

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 22 Feb 2017, 17:01

I'd like to think Darragh regrets saying a year ago that he'd walk if we didn't go up this season...I'd also like him to clarify that he won't but he seems to enjoy goading one or two of his twitterati about it....as he is today. It gives him that extra bit of power I suppose.

He's defending and backing McCann today and that's what a good chairman should do.

Surely he knows it's all over for this season though.

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 22 Feb 2017, 17:51

superposh80 wrote:I'd like to think Darragh regrets saying a year ago that he'd walk if we didn't go up this season...I'd also like him to clarify that he won't but he seems to enjoy goading one or two of his twitterati about it....as he is today. It gives him that extra bit of power I suppose.

He's defending and backing McCann today and that's what a good chairman should do.

Quite so but he needs to recognise that McCann is struggling. His team selections, tactics & motivational abilities are being questioned by so many supporters. Can all the blame be laid at the door of the players? I think not.

Chenza

Postby Chenza » 22 Feb 2017, 18:08

Looks like we are going backwards not forwards at present always a decent start to the season then all goes to pot,is it the players the back room staff questions need to be answered,to many goals leaked again this season and not enough scored what's going wrong
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

pleasureboy60

Postby pleasureboy60 » 22 Feb 2017, 18:14

As much it hurts to see Posh in this current predicament, I can honestly say that i'm not surprised and as I have said before on this forum, the decline set in from the day we lost to Palace and we have become progressively worse.
Unfortunately it wont change whilst you have this stubborn chairman running the club. He's made it quite clear that he wont change his policies and will continue with what HE thinks will bring success.
I fear as a Posh fan that success won't be happening anytime soon.
Unless we bring in an experienced manager who is not controlled and dictated too and who is allowed to bring in his own players and adopt a style of play which is required in this league, then this club will remain a poor/average mid table team or worse.
If I was the chairman I would be a worried man. Expecting fans to witness unexciting, predictable rubbish which we are being asked to watch week in week out.
Attendances are falling rapidly. Supporters are bored,discontented and completely fed up with what they are seeing. With season tickets prices soon to be on the agenda, I feel that the club is slowly dying a death and as traditionally happens with Posh fans, once that enthusiasm has gone and they are not being entertained, then they will stay away and never come back. Not to mention the true die hards like myself having to fork out hard earned cash for a season ticket for more of the same next season.
I for one have had enough and have made the decision not to renew my season ticket and it appears that speaking with quite a few other lifelong supporters, they are following suite.
How long Posh will be able to sustain that financial setback is difficult to predict,but it's something that needs addressing and very very quickly.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 22 Feb 2017, 18:33

PoshCynic wrote:
superposh80 wrote:I'd like to think Darragh regrets saying a year ago that he'd walk if we didn't go up this season...I'd also like him to clarify that he won't but he seems to enjoy goading one or two of his twitterati about it....as he is today. It gives him that extra bit of power I suppose.

Quite so but he needs to recognise that McCann is struggling. His team selections, tactics & motivational abilities are being questioned by so many supporters. Can all the blame be laid at the door of the players? I think not.

We all know he's struggling...Including Darragh.

He's not going to say that publicly though because if he does he'll be hanging him out to dry and that will be the end for him.

If Darragh is serious about McCann as manager...He should at the very least get him an experienced right hand man next season.

I for one doubt that will make much difference...I've got serious doubts that Grant is management material.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 19:05

superposh80 wrote:
If Darragh is serious about McCann as manager...He should at the very least get him an experienced right hand man next season.

I for one doubt that will make much difference...I've got serious doubts that Grant is management material.

Firstly congratulation on proving you can still use the quote button....

On a more serious point not all good players make good managers, Bobby Charlton is one that springs to mind, but there have been many many others. Grant certainly won't be the first and he won't be the last. Trying to play with a system that the players don't seem to understand doesn't help. Buying second rate players has not helped, but on the credit side of the argument he has suffered massively from injuries to key players, the loss of Anderson has been massive and losing Angol, Baldwin, and Inmann have been huge losses.
the one eyed man is King

PoshCynic

Postby PoshCynic » 22 Feb 2017, 20:06

superposh80 wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:

He's not going to say that publicly though because if he does he'll be hanging him out to dry and that will be the end for him.

Quite so. :stupid:

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 22 Feb 2017, 22:15

I for one doubt that will make much difference...I've got serious doubts that Grant is management material.[/quote]

Quite so. :stupid:[/quote]

CYNIC

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 22:17

You really are struggling with this quoty nonsense Adi
the one eyed man is King

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 22 Feb 2017, 22:22

bristleposh wrote:You really are struggling with this quoty nonsense Adi

Not generally, just this poxy site only allows 3 and doesn't make it easy to delete :cry:

Point remains about non POSH posting about the club/players/fans/owner.

Return to “The Posh”