Port Vale v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tonyp

Re: Port Vale v Posh

Postby tonyp » 04 Feb 2017, 23:00

poshnipper wrote:How the heck did their keeper get the MOM award. He had nowt to do except pick the ball out of his net. :D

Uncle Edwin commented on that. He said it must have been because the keeper saved the penalty. Which is ridiculous. Maddison missed it.
Being happy never goes out of style.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 04 Feb 2017, 23:09

poshnipper wrote:
We dug in deep in the 2nd half. How the heck did their keeper get the MOM award. He had nowt to do except pick the ball out of his net. :D

Probably saving a penalty got him some brownie points
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 04 Feb 2017, 23:26

tonyp wrote:
poshnipper wrote:How the heck did their keeper get the MOM award. He had nowt to do except pick the ball out of his net. :D

Uncle Edwin commented on that. He said it must have been because the keeper saved the penalty. Which is ridiculous. Maddison missed it.

bristleposh wrote:
poshnipper wrote:
We dug in deep in the 2nd half. How the heck did their keeper get the MOM award. He had nowt to do except pick the ball out of his net. :D

Have you got me on ignore?

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 04 Feb 2017, 23:29

I haven't!
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 04 Feb 2017, 23:32

poshnipper wrote:I haven't!

:D
I was talking to bristle!

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 05 Feb 2017, 00:38

tonyp wrote:
poshnipper wrote:I haven't!

:D
I was talking to bristle!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 05 Feb 2017, 01:09

poshnipper wrote:
DaveLister wrote:It's one game when Junior has performed, and so we shouldn't think he's Aaron McLean.

You say that like he's already played 100's of times for us. :?

Some people act like he has!!

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 05 Feb 2017, 09:26

tonyp wrote:
tonyp wrote:

bristleposh wrote:
poshnipper wrote:

Have you got me on ignore?

Who said that?
the one eyed man is King

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 05 Feb 2017, 14:50

TomLea1 wrote:http://tomleasport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/post-match-thoughts-port-vale.html

Read your post, from which I can gain that you are another who doesn't like Nicholls. Admittedly I was listening in a bedroom 150 miles from the action, but from the Radio Cambridgeshire commentary it sounded, as I have said elsewhere, that we played 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 with CMS as a loan striker, to bring another striker albeit one has proved he can score would in my opinion alter the balance brought about by having two creators. From the sound of what others have said if it is deemed necessary to leave Nicholls out of the side then surely a better option would be to play either Taylor or Samuelssen in that role and to replace CMS with either Angol or Junior. (Before anyone jumps on my opinion, that's all it is an opinion that is in the correct thread).
the one eyed man is King

TomLea1

Postby TomLea1 » 05 Feb 2017, 15:05

bristleposh wrote:
TomLea1 wrote:http://tomleasport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/post-match-thoughts-port-vale.html

Read your post, from which I can gain that you are another who doesn't like Nicholls. Admittedly I was listening in a bedroom 150 miles from the action, but from the Radio Cambridgeshire commentary it sounded, as I have said elsewhere, that we played 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 with CMS as a loan striker, to bring another striker albeit one has proved he can score would in my opinion alter the balance brought about by having two creators. From the sound of what others have said if it is deemed necessary to leave Nicholls out of the side then surely a better option would be to play either Taylor or Samuelssen in that role and to replace CMS with either Angol or Junior. (Before anyone jumps on my opinion, that's all it is an opinion that is in the correct thread).

I'm not Nichols' biggest fan, but I wouldn't also be unfairly harsh on him if he played particularly well. I just think a front two of Morias and CMS would be exciting.

But as you say it's opinion based and if we all agreed on everything, this would be rather boring!

:comeon:

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 05 Feb 2017, 15:10

You have to realise Tom...Bristleposh's opinion usually comes from watching games on his radio.

TomLea1

Postby TomLea1 » 05 Feb 2017, 15:32

superposh80 wrote:You have to realise Tom...Bristleposh's opinion usually comes from watching games on his radio.

:lol: :lol:

Chompy

Postby Chompy » 05 Feb 2017, 15:35

Tom Nichols is the best striker we have currently. End of.

Think I'm ok posting that comment here. He is a Posh player and featured in the Port Vale v Posh encounter. Fingers crossed.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 05 Feb 2017, 15:39

superposh80 wrote:You have to realise Tom...Bristleposh's opinion usually comes from watching games on his radio.

Mostly but not entirely.
the one eyed man is King

Return to “The Posh”